***Official September 2020 Thread***

We had our April Disney cruise cancelled, our back up Memorial weekend trip cancelled, currently have an early June trip as well as early July planned......things like no parades/ fireworks/face character meets will not bother us at all for these trips as we go often and our youngest boys are still older teens.
Our Sept. trip though will be DGD 2 and DDIL's first trip and so for that one I would want those things in place. While I am hopeful for, yet realistic about our June trip not happening I do really hope those "first visit" experiences will be back in some form by Sept 🤞

We had our April Disney cruise cancelled, our back up Memorial weekend trip cancelled, currently have an early June trip as well as early July planned......things like no parades/ fireworks/face character meets will not bother us at all for these trips as we go often and our youngest boys are still older teens.
Our Sept. trip though will be DGD 2 and DDIL's first trip and so for that one I would want those things in place. While I am hopeful for, yet realistic about our June trip not happening I do really hope those "first visit" experiences will be back in some form by Sept 🤞
Unfortunately we don’t go to the parks often so I can skip the characters (just my wife and I going and not important to us), but I’d want to see everything else and not wear a mask doing it. I can only see us going one more time with my grown kids unless grandkids come along and I hit the lottery.

Just found this thread. We have reservations for 9/18-23 at Movies. We had to move our reservations from April and are hoping September will happen with everything in place like the characters and parades as I have two young kids. We were also able to rebook with the free dining plan and upgrades to DDP. Fingers crossed!!

Well, my wife, daughter and I were going to go to Aulani in June, but that isn't happening. Seeing my daughter was really looking forward to that trip and it would be her first real vacation ever. Today I booked a trip 8/31-9/5 at CSR. Hoping to do MNSSHP on the 1st.

My wife and I haven't told our daughter yet. We really don't want to say anything in case it gets cancelled.

Well, my wife, daughter and I were going to go to Aulani in June, but that isn't happening. Seeing my daughter was really looking forward to that trip and it would be her first real vacation ever. Today I booked a trip 8/31-9/5 at CSR. Hoping to do MNSSHP on the 1st.

My wife and I haven't told our daughter yet. We really don't want to say anything in case it gets cancelled.
Maybe we'll see you at the MNSSHP. I haven't booked our trip yet, but wanting to go that same week, though we'd probably do the 29th-3rd.

I'll be on the lookout for Slimer if I go :rotfl2:

Maybe we'll see you at the MNSSHP. I haven't booked our trip yet, but wanting to go that same week, though we'd probably do the 29th-3rd.

I'll be on the lookout for Slimer if I go :rotfl2:

How do you know what I was last year (and I assume this year)?! Seriously, I bought THIS MASK at Spirit Halloween last year!

Los Angeles officials have now said they are planning on extending the quarantine until August. With some lifting of restrictions.

Boy am I gonna need this September getaway to The World!

List updated - I am sure I missed adding someone so if I did just let me know.

So how is everyone feeling about our September trips today? Waiting to see if the June cancellations start coming today or tomorrow.

So how is everyone feeling about our September trips today?

I'm feeling a little less confident. There is a lot of talk about mask being mandatory and I won't do that in that heat and humidity. I would much rather move my trip. Which each delayed opening it puts September a lot closer to modifications and Disney as a company has lost a lot of money so they aren't going to discount us for 1/2 the experience and i just don't want to drop that much money for 1/2 a trip. I'm still hopeful it happens but not as much as i was a few weeks ago.

There is a lot of talk about mask being mandatory and I won't do that in that heat and humidity. I would much rather move my trip.
This is my struggle. I have discomfort wearing a mask for grocery shopping or to conduct work meetings for an hour or two. I don't know how I would react to not being able to remove it for 8 to 10 hours in the Florida heat.

We moved our May trip to September, and I finally pulled the trigger to cancel this trip because we aren't going to spend thousands of dollars to be uncomfortable in a mask. I'm hoping for next May, but as of right now, I'm not making any WDW plans.

Maybe we'll go camping instead...

This is my struggle. I have discomfort wearing a mask for grocery shopping or to conduct work meetings for an hour or two. I don't know how I would react to not being able to remove it for 8 to 10 hours in the Florida heat.

I know it's a hot topic debate some people are die hard maskers some aren't i say that's your choice to do what you want i mean we can find data to support both. But it is hard to breathe sometimes in that heat and humidity with out a mask i just don't think i can do it and with a vacation you want to enjoy it, I hate to lose my bounce back free dinning offer, but i would rather enjoy my trip. Maybe 2021 would look better.

I know it's a hot topic debate some people are die hard maskers some aren't i say that's your choice to do what you want i mean we can find data to support both. But it is hard to breathe sometimes in that heat and humidity with out a mask i just don't think i can do it and with a vacation you want to enjoy it, I hate to lose my bounce back free dinning offer, but i would rather enjoy my trip. Maybe 2021 would look better.
Wait and see. By September masks could be optional

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter