***Official September 2023 Thread***

Now that yellow blob headed to formation and in the direction on FL. :(
Yep! We arrive on the 13th and I'm watching that very closely. Currently, most models have it curving to the north once it gets near the Bahamas. I hope that holds true!

Yep! We arrive on the 13th and I'm watching that very closely. Currently, most models have it curving to the north once it gets near the Bahamas. I hope that holds true!
Fingers crossed. I’ve been watching too.

2 more sleeps! Although, I guess more like 1.5 since we gotta get up at 330 am haha

i arrive the 17th so am hoping its long gone

i arrive the 17th so am hoping its long gone
I think you should be good unless something changes with the forecasts that I've watched from a few different meteorologists (knock on wood). From what I've seen, IF it got to Florida, it would be around the 13th, right when I'm supposed to land in Orlando. Hoping that it curves north like they're estimating. It *should* be out of the area by the 17th.

Have a great trip! We leave a week from tomorrow. I finished making all our shirts last weekend. I still have to take the puppies to the groomer on Monday to get ready for the farm sitter, buy plane/hotel snacks, finalize ADRs, and pack the clothes. I feel like I should be doing more this weekend to prepare, but we are doing pretty good.

Oh yeah we do have 1 decision to make though, how to get to Pop from MCO. We are a family of 4, but with 3 suitcases (the boys like to bring their own 😉) It looks cheaper to use Uber/Lyft than Sunshine, but the only other time we ever did that we ordered an Uber XL and got a small 5 passenger SUV. We were at a smaller airport in PA, so we didn’t have other options available. The driver had to make 2 separate trips to get all of us and our luggage to the hotel, we had 6 people on that trip. So it makes me nervous that even if we request the bigger SUV we may not get it. I know MCO will have more driver than that airport did though.

Last edited:
Have a great trip! We leave a week from tomorrow. I finished making all our shirts last weekend. I still have to take the puppies to the groomer on Monday to get ready for the farm sitter, buy plane/hotel snacks, finalize ADRs, and pack the clothes. I feel like I should be doing more this weekend to prepare, but we are doing pretty good.

Oh yeah we do have 1 decision to make though, how to get to Pop from MCO. We are a family of 4, but with 3 suitcases (the boys like to bring their own 😉) It looks cheaper to use Uber/Lyft than Sunshine, but the only other time we ever did that we ordered an Uber XL and got a small 5 passenger SUV. We were at a smaller airport in PA, so we didn’t have other options available. The driver had to make 2 separate trips to get all of us and our luggage to the hotel, we had 6 people on that trip. So it makes me nervous that even if we request the bigger SUV we may not get it. I know MCO will have more driver than that airport did though.
For transportation, have you tried Gear Fusion? I think one way it was $80ish for us (I'm sure it varies depending on flight times etc), and it was a nice big plush SUV, roomy for everyone and luggage. Not much more than an Uber XL.

We have our boarding pass and we are flying to Orlando tomorrow morning. It looks like the hurricane will miss Florida. It also looks like it won't be rainy. But it's Florida, so nothing is certain when it comes to weather. ;)
Here now and although there is a threat of thunderstorms it has been pushed back until later this afternoon and evening should be ok…we went to MK this morning and most rides were walk-on…long line at egg roll cart though🤨

We have our boarding pass and we are flying to Orlando tomorrow morning. It looks like the hurricane will miss Florida. It also looks like it won't be rainy. But it's Florida, so nothing is certain when it comes to weather. ;)
We arrived on Wed and weather been amazing . Rained a bit yesterday but that was it! Hope it continues for everyone next week :)

(I leave Monday .. not in parks yet today but wait times are way higher than Wednesday, thurs, fri)

Rope drop early at DHS still works well!I was front of line yesterday and did slinky, mania, rise, star tours, MMRR, and frozen show by noon. Slinky began running around 8:20 am. I was on a 720 ish bus.

Also for the last 3 days tron and guardians 1 pm vq available late. On wed I picked a guardians VQ at 330 and checked other days, well after 1 pm for both

Edit: I have not used Genie+ but might try tomorrow

We fly out on the 13th. I'm excited and a little nervous! Quite a long flight from California to MCO. It's my 4 year old daughter's first time flying but she's super excited and hasn't shown a hint of fear. She's also about 40.5 inches tall and is insistent that she wants to ride everything she's tall enough for, including Tower of Terror. We'll see! lol

I only see 9/17 and 9/25 (other than next day 9/11 & 9/12 availability for Fantasmic dining)

Suddenly 9/20 is available (for party size of 4; not 5!)

9/13 & 9/30 have party size of 2

Update: many dates have all party sizes now available - 9/17, 9/20, 9/25, 9/30, so keep checking

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter