***Official September 2023 Thread***

Soooo…for others that have gone in this time frame, I know we don’t have a crystal ball but historically, is the last week of September still super toasty or mildly toasty? I’m debating tank tops or regular tees.

Soooo…for others that have gone in this time frame, I know we don’t have a crystal ball but historically, is the last week of September still super toasty or mildly toasty? I’m debating tank tops or regular tees.
Still very hot!

I'd love to know this too. We will be there the last week as well, and I'm not sure what to pack. We need help from all you wise September friends!!!

I'd love to know this too. We will be there the last week as well, and I'm not sure what to pack. We need help from all you wise September friends!!!
I've only ever been during the first half of September and it's always been surface-of-the-sun hot, with a pretty brief afternoon thunderstorm that rolls through just about everyday, which does sometimes provide some relief from the heat but it does get a bit muggy after that. I wouldn't expect the second half of the month to be too much different.

One thing to note is my wife does get cold in restaurants if they have good AC, and also in the buses.

We go the third week of September and it is very hot. Magic Kingdom is a lot better because of all the indoor cues and shade. Epcot is the worse in my opinion, for heat. The cooling towels (Frogg Togg brand) do wonders for us, I don’t like having the fans on my neck all day so I never use those.

if you’re going with little ones I would pack an extra set of joggers for them or a blanket. We’ve had to purchase some during a freak cold front at Epcot and temps dropped to 54. I believe that was in Oct. All blankets were sold out and the CMs were directing us to the homegoods section. I looked in the Star Wars section and found a baby yoda travel blanket that converted into a pillow.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...tes-adorbs-baby-yoda-blanket-from-disneyland/

Last edited:

if you’re going with little ones I would pack an extra set of joggers for them or a blanket. We’ve had to purchase some during a freak cold front at Epcot and temps dropped to 54. I believe that was in Oct. All blankets were sold out and the CMs were directing us to the homegoods section. I looked in the Star Wars section and found a baby yoda travel blanket that converted into a pillow.

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2020...tes-adorbs-baby-yoda-blanket-from-disneyland/
No little ones this trip. But that is definitely good advice!

So with the upcoming Journey of Water AP previews should I plan to avoid EPCOT on those days? Anybody have experience with being in the parks when previews have been going on? Is it a total mad house?

So with the upcoming Journey of Water AP previews should I plan to avoid EPCOT on those days? Anybody have experience with being in the parks when previews have been going on? Is it a total mad house?
We have been in the parks during previews and it has never affected the crowds. The previews are limited to a very small number of people. It is not a total madhouse when previews are going on. :)

We are home now from our September trip. We had very little rain and great luck in avoiding the rain we did have. It was a five night trip and we only had one evening in which the rain was a torrential downpour. We were lucky enough to get on the bus back to the resort before the rain started. And we made it into the room before the heaviest of the rain started. Then there was a short afternoon downpour while we were in the food court so we just had a Mickey ice cream bar and waited it out. Otherwise, it was pretty much rain free. But it was very hot.

We were at Epcot on Wednesday and it wasn't crowded at all. The crowd was at MK because it was a non-party day.

Last edited:
We are SO CLOSE!
My daughter and I keep saying "one week from right now we will be ______"
Honestly the anticipation is half the fun! Our last trip was a surprise for her. Which was super fun, but definitely missed out on the countdown excitement! 😁😁😁😁
It would be a lot more fun if I wasn’t the only one booking everything and packing!

Parks used to be where we put the phones down and just had fun with family (esp. with FP+). We still have some fun family moments at ADRs, fireworks, parades and LLs but the stress of booking everything has gone up exponentially.

We have been here since Saturday and it is very, very hot and humid. The highs have been in the low 90's. You won't see cooler weather until the end of October, although there are always exceptions. :)
I got home Wednesday night and had pretty low crowd levels most of the week. Only the big thunder storm on Tuesday night. Spent a lot of time in the pool. We were also in Epcot on Sunday 9/3 and Wed. 9/13 with really low crowds. Spent 7 nights at CSR and 3 nights at Pop loved taking skyliner to EPCOT and HK. Also nice to be able to get to additional restaurants.

I got home Wednesday night and had pretty low crowd levels most of the week. Only the big thunder storm on Tuesday night. Spent a lot of time in the pool. We were also in Epcot on Sunday 9/3 and Wed. 9/13 with really low crowds. Spent 7 nights at CSR and 3 nights at Pop loved taking skyliner to EPCOT and HK. Also nice to be able to get to additional restaurants.
We narrowly escaped the one big thunderstorm by getting back to POR at the very beginning of it. We were at Epcot on Wed, 9/13, too. We were able to walk on just about all the rides we wanted.

We also spent a lot of time at the pool.

Were there any times that the Skyliner was down during your stay? My sister will be staying at CBR for her next trip and hopes the Skyliner works smoothly.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter