OMG 2020 9-night Greek Isles selling fast..

6-22 only has GTY 11 left, rest is verandah. I guess this is not a cruise for first timer (I kind of doubt Europe Disney cruises are people's first anyway) $14K for 3 people
Our first Disney cruise was the Northern Europe in 2017!

We booked the 6/13 Greek Isles, and that will be our 4th. We’re in CA, though, so we may as well fly to Europe as Florida, right? :upsidedow

My booking window is open and I still can't see the summer 2020 cruises?

I found that if I went to Castaway Club and logged in, then from that page went to the "Plan a Cruise" dropdown and picked "Find a Cruise" I can see the newly released ones.

Or if I really wanted to book I'd just call.

Our first Disney cruise was the Northern Europe in 2017!

We booked the 6/13 Greek Isles, and that will be our 4th. We’re in CA, though, so we may as well fly to Europe as Florida, right? :upsidedow

Were you in the May baltic cruise? That was our third cruise with DCL, we are going on number 6 this year and 7 in Greece.

Aren't Italy/Greece the Florida of Europe :rolleyes1 Given how expensive Disneyland/Disneyworld is, doing an European cruise is probably not much different

@MamaBear58 You have to sign in first

I'm pretty sure it was sold out or at least in ALL GTY status by about midday on Silver day and gone within the first half hour (or maybe even before phones opened thanks to online) on the anyone can book day.

gotcha.
The 6/22/20 9-night I booked yesterday is now sold out.. so it took about the same time (afternoon on silver day) as the Hawaii cruise. - No window for general public.
That's pretty darn impressive for a European cruise, imo, to be sold out in less than 90 hours. Not only bc of the price of the cruise but all the extra expenses involved in getting to that ship. I'm blown away tbh.

We booked the category we wanted, but not in the location we generally prefer. I'm a little nervous to be under a kitchen. We're using under Guest Services or Port Adventures. I hope one of those rooms opens up if some holds expire tomorrow. We're Gold and I don't think the price went up between Platinum and Gold day, so that was nice. :)

We booked the category we wanted, but not in the location we generally prefer. I'm a little nervous to be under a kitchen. We're using under Guest Services or Port Adventures. I hope one of those rooms opens up if some holds expire tomorrow. We're Gold and I don't think the price went up between Platinum and Gold day, so that was nice. :)
I think the price went up a couple hundred dollars between platinum and gold. And our room category went up by $450 by the end of the day yesterday. We were lucky and got the room we wanted. Hopefully you will get the room you wanted.

We took the Norway/Iceland/Scotland cruise last summer, but didn't book it until sometime in Sept (so 11 mos out, 6 mos after opening day). Availability was very tight, so I just took a room I could deal with, but not where I wanted it. Little by little, over the next 9 months, better rooms would pop up. So I was slowly able to get us moved to the right area and then our favorite cabin opened up and we got it. So I wouldn't give up hope. Cabins opened up when the new cruises were announced, and then again right around PIF day (quite a few at that point). So I'd say your chances are very good, even if it doesn't open up in the next 2 days (which it likely will). Don't give up hope!

We took the Norway/Iceland/Scotland cruise last summer, but didn't book it until sometime in Sept (so 11 mos out, 6 mos after opening day). Availability was very tight, so I just took a room I could deal with, but not where I wanted it. Little by little, over the next 9 months, better rooms would pop up. So I was slowly able to get us moved to the right area and then our favorite cabin opened up and we got it. So I wouldn't give up hope. Cabins opened up when the new cruises were announced, and then again right around PIF day (quite a few at that point). So I'd say your chances are very good, even if it doesn't open up in the next 2 days (which it likely will). Don't give up hope!

I think some will open tonight/tomorrow/Friday as some of the holds start falling off.

Just to add to the "rooms will become available" evidence:

When I looked at booking the March 2020 Panamal Canal cruise about a week ago, it didn't even show up at first. There were no rooms available at all (at least not for a party of four). A couple of days later, 10B and 9D GTY categories opened, so I booked the 9D, even though we really would prefer 9C or higher. Kept checking, and by early this week my 9C showed up. I haven't seen a verandah yet, but at this point I'm really just keeping an eye on it for interest's sake. I don't think we'll go higher anyway.

Second seating w/ the Med/Greek Isles cruises is often better b/c some of the excursions last right up until all aboard then you'd have to rush to your first seating for dinner. Just thought I'd let ya know since we've sailed this cruise before as well as 2 other regular Med cruises. HTHs! :)

I second this, if the later nights work for your family. On our Northern Europe cruise last summer, all aboard time was actually later than main seating start time in a couple of the ports. We don't usually do DCL excursions so it wasn't a problem for us to be back on board, but we did miss sail-away most nights. Not everyone will care about that, but usually we like to be on deck for sail-away, so that was a little disappointing.

I checked last night, earlier this morning and then again just now... I only saw ONE 9B show up just now, everything else has said GTY the whole time. I'm glad I snagged a room I'm happy with (though I had wondered about changing categories... )

I ended up booking the Magic 6-13-20
(3 people for $8,112)...I’m happy I was able to book early since the staterooms went so fast this time.

Anyone have good suggestions for Rome? We leave out of Civitavecchia but will probably spend a day or two in Rome and have to figure out how to get to the port...
My friend and I spent 2 days in Rome pre-cruise last summer. We stayed near Villa Borghese, which is a lovely place to walk around and has an incredible sunset view that a waiter told us about. We were within walking distance of the Spanish steps, Trevi fountain, the Pantheon. and Piazza Navona. Our hotel was also near a subway station, but we never used it. We used the company Walks of Italy to take two 1/2 day tours -- one of the Colosseum/Forum, one of The Vatican/Sistine Chapel. Through the Civitavecchia Port website we found a transportation company that picked us up at our hotel and dropped us off at the ship. It worked out great!

My friend and I spent 2 days in Rome pre-cruise last summer. We stayed near Villa Borghese, which is a lovely place to walk around and has an incredible sunset view that a waiter told us about. We were within walking distance of the Spanish steps, Trevi fountain, the Pantheon. and Piazza Navona. Our hotel was also near a subway station, but we never used it. We used the company Walks of Italy to take two 1/2 day tours -- one of the Colosseum/Forum, one of The Vatican/Sistine Chapel. Through the Civitavecchia Port website we found a transportation company that picked us up at our hotel and dropped us off at the ship. It worked out great!

For the summer of '20 cruise, we're staying a week in Roma. We got an Air BnB on the Via Dell'Oca, which sounds like the same area you stayed. We're a block from the Piazza Del Polpola. Were you that far north? Looking at it, it seems like the Colosseum/Forum area is too far to walk, probably a subway ride. Does that ring true with your experience?

Do you recall the transport company and how much they charged? The owner of the Air BnB has already offerred the same at E60 to pick up and E130 to take to the port.

These Greek cruises are so interesting, I really hope they offer them again in 2021, we have Hawaii in May 2020 not willing to change that. Had a great time in 2015 and looking forward to doing it again.
We were onboard when these cruises dropped, it was crazy at the vacation planning desk, omg the wait board was 2 pages long with names waiting to talk to one of the two planners.
It was like that every day starting with the platinums. I was glad we didn't want to book anything.
Curious to see what happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter