OMG 2020 9-night Greek Isles selling fast..

For the summer of '20 cruise, we're staying a week in Roma. We got an Air BnB on the Via Dell'Oca, which sounds like the same area you stayed. We're a block from the Piazza Del Polpola. Were you that far north? Looking at it, it seems like the Colosseum/Forum area is too far to walk, probably a subway ride. Does that ring true with your experience?

Do you recall the transport company and how much they charged? The owner of the Air BnB has already offerred the same at E60 to pick up and E130 to take to the port.
I can't find the name of the transport company, but I wrote in my planning notes that it was E125 (for 2 adults from Rome city center to port). I just found it by going to https://www.civitavecchiaport.org/transfer/ and typing in our info.

It looks like you'll be on the western side of Villa Borghese. We watched the sunset from that side of the park at Terazza del Pincio -- I highly recommend it! Our hotel was near Porta Pinciana, the old city gate on the south side of Villa Borghese. Our first morning we saw the sights on foot, walking (downhill) to Piazza di Spagna, Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, and Piazza Navona. From there we took a taxi to the Colosseum, where we had lunch and then took an afternoon tour.

@ninergrl6 thanks for bumping this! As @lorimay said we were on board and I knew something crazy was happening but not what exactly. I couldn't even manage to get a photocopy of the new cruises as people were handling them like gold. My day to book I scanned my card in at 9am and my time came up at 745pm! I think the planner was grateful that all I wanted was a b2b with nothing fancy because she was so tired and said they weren't going to close until they were finished with the entire queue.

Why do people waste time talking to the planner, just dropped a deposit on a paper and do it when you get home.

I did a one way rental with Hertz from Rome. I think it was about 80 EUR, the Hertz was near the gate of that little castle wall. There was a shuttle you can take from there, very easy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter