"Pass It Forward" Swap Thread

momx3boys.... I had made 4, 3 of which are spoken for. I can make myself another one at some point (not going to WDW until April so......) Sure we can work something out.

Everybody else, thank you for previous comments on their cuteness. I made a figment too (I got a coloring book off ebay that has some GREAT artwork for paper piecing).

Does anyone who paper pieces a lot (maybe for swaps) have suggestions for planning them out to "waste" less cardstock? I am thinking the way is to made multiples as opposed to one at a time, but not sure that is working either.

Does anyone who paper pieces a lot (maybe for swaps) have suggestions for planning them out to "waste" less cardstock? I am thinking the way is to made multiples as opposed to one at a time, but not sure that is working either.

I use my graphics program to separate everything into layers. Then I can move things around so they take up as little space as possible.

I use Paint Shop Pro. First, I scan the image (or download one). Then I use the background eraser tool to erase the white background (I don't know if this is really necessary, but I prefer working with a transparent image). Then on the layer menu I select "duplicate." I duplicate so I have one layer per color that I need. Then I turn off the visibility to all the layers except the one I am working on, and then use the eraser to erase the lines that I don't need, leaving only the pieces for that color. I can use the move tools to move the little pieces on each layer around so they take up less space. When I go to print a layer, I will also temporarily crop the image. There is a "print layout" feature in Paint Shop Pro that also lets me arrange the say, 6 copies of an image, as close together as I can manage.

Wow Hope thanks..... that sounds soooo complicated. I am sure if you sat down and showed me it probably is not, but the way it is described my computer skills are not up to snuff to do that LOL. I was word and have cropped the images to just the parts I need on a particular color, maybe I just need to be better about doing that :)

I hate to let these go, but we're unlikely to be in WDW for some time so it makes sense to let them grace someone's album rather than just being gloated over by me ;)

This one was done by me SWAP AGREED
b0910969.jpg

This lovely set by Michellepooh SWAP AGREED
3f0ceb37.jpg

Fun pack from mom2001scrapper
f2a4a6c8.jpg

Beautiful work by KAMommy SWAP AGREED
adcf6fc9.jpg

I'm in the market for "boy" characters/villains - Jolees, paper piecings, stickers (including Pooh and pals, Mickey and friends and especially any pirates - oh and Stitch), or items I can use for our DLP trip - so cowboy stuff for Buffalo Bill's, Cinderella stuff for L'Auberge de Cendrillon (although I've kept my Cinderella's rotal table set for this as well;) )

They're not the best pics but you can probably find better on the thread from the swap :thumbsup2

Hey Mazda!

I'm interested in your Garden Grill, 1900 Park Faire and Ohana stuff. Do you know how many points they are? I can't quite see all of the elements in each kit.

Let's PM to figure out what I can get for you.

I've updated the list to here. Please look through the available/swapped list to make sure I've gotten everything.

I love that this is being used. Great job all!

Shauna, DH posted your packet today, Don't hold your breath :rotfl2: but in about a week to 10 days....

Shauna, DH posted your packet today, Don't hold your breath :rotfl2: but in about a week to 10 days....

'K Mazda. Are you sitting? 'Cause you'll want to be when I tell you . . . that I got your package today. That was three days. Since you mailed on 10/3 and I got them on 10/6 and they went from England to California.

I guess that strike must have done SOME good! :cool1:

:faint: quick, I need a :drinking: :rotfl2: So lucky DH posted them! He wasn't sure whether to, but was going up to the PO so took them anyway! They're supposed to be back at work on Wednesday so hoping for a bumper mailbag by the end of the week :goodvibes Guess the ABC swap won't be there though :mad:

Glad they got there safely. Hope they match your expectations - the photos were not good :blush:

They were darling in person, especially your Garden Grill set. I would never have thought of torn paper but it was so cute!

I will be mailing your goodies later this week. My LSS was waiting for a shipment so I wanted to make sure I had a good variety to choose from for you. I'll let you know when I send it.

That's fine :goodvibes The posties go back to work tomorrow:woohoo: and then are going out again next week :mad: - but not "all out" they'er taking it in turns :rotfl2:

Glad you like them! When I did the GG I was hampered by never having been there, so I looked at pics on allears and noticed they had lots of "Tiffany" lamps and stuff, so I was going for that sort of effect. Of course, after I completed and sent everything off the pics were updated to show the "veg frieze" or whatever they have now :rotfl2: Heigh ho! Still, the tags can go on any WDW page you need them on. :thumbsup2

I am excited to see what you get - but then I LOVE post :rotfl:

Piglet, I've posted your stuff today - hope it gets there safely :goodvibes:

Hey Shauna?? Is this still available? I went through my stash a found some stuff that I could trade...

47b7cf25b3127ccebf4ccf81251600000046108AaN3DJi5ZMu
47b7cf25b3127ccebf4ccf80a42700000026108AaN3DJi5ZMu

47b7cf25b3127ccebf4ccf99250e00000036108AaN3DJi5ZMu
47b7cf25b3127ccebf4ccfb0a41700000026108AaN3DJi5ZMu

All of these were made by me - they were duplicates in a swap where someone flaked. (They are also up for grabs by anyone...) The Nemo one is worth 3 points and the rest are worth 2 points. :)

I know you aren't home and certainly not thinking about trading swap stuff. :rolleyes1 I just wanted to get the post out there so that I didn't need to keep remembering. My brain is very small these days... :headache:
I have a few more things to trade.

100_3194.jpg

This is a Star Wars border and 2 tags made with Bazzill. It would be super-cute for Star Tours, Star Wars Weekend or Jedi Training Academy. I'm giving it up because I can't stand anything Star Wars related. The set is 2 points.

My brain is small as well.

Yes, the Star Wars set is still available. I'm sure Jango would love it!

I really like your Welcome Aboard set and can mail it out when I get back. I also have to mail Mazda's goodies when I get back.

Welcome Aboard it is then! I'll mail them out tomorrow. (And Jango is so not getting his grubby little hands on these! :))

I'd love the Nemo and the France sets - ideal for our DLP visit :thumbsup2 (I know they have Crush so they must have Nemo SOMEWHERE:rotfl2: ) What would you like in exchange? What I posted earlier has all gone (except play and dine) but I'll look around PROPERLY :rolleyes1 and see what I can offer around th 5 point mark:thumbsup2 I can put it in with the SS book to save postage - it will probably take me til then to sort everything out;) but I'm off Thursday this week as well as Friday so I'll see what I can find :goodvibes

Mickster, you get first refusal in exchange for the nemo and France set (if they're still available). Here's what I have

Topper by the incomparable SusieStone (I'm keeping the accompanying photo mat and journal box for a museum page, but as Breakfastosaurus is now discontinued does anyone have pics needing a topper?) 2 points
scrapping108.jpg

Song, topper, box and 2 squares by the ultra-talented Katdisney (as I'm never likely to be in Disney for Halloween) 6 points
scrapping113.jpg

Ariel topper, journal box and small tag by the meticulous mommy2mrb (because my boys don't do princesses) SWAP AGREED
scrapping110.jpg

Library pocket and 2 tags by creative bobcat (because I have no pets unless you count DH :rotfl) 2 points
scrapping111.jpg

Topper and large tag by innovative ksjayhawks (running out of adjectives!) SWAP AGREED
scrapping112.jpg

Play & Dine topper and 2 boxes by skillfull mom2001scrapper (as my kids are too old for this) 4 points
scrapping109.jpg

Any bids?

Ok. They are yours - France and Nemo. :) I'd like the Ariel, if that is ok. I think it is a fair trade. I don't have your address, so I'll send you mine in a PM and you can reply with yours. :)

(My DD had a Ariel birthday and my DS's school is an Under the Sea theme this year. The first floor teachers all dressed up as the characters to the movie. One of the teachers has red hair, so she was Ariel. So fitting!:woohoo: )

Thanks! :)

Hey Mazda!

Can I tack on another package of Jolee's in exchange for that Parade set? It is DARLING!!!!

I have all of your goodies ready to go. I've just been so tired since I finally got home that I haven't done anything other than sleep and work.

Let me know if that will work!

DEAL both of you :thumbsup2 I love STUFF :thumbsup2 Mickster, I owe you one point - I'll find a little something for you ;-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter