Pop Century Room Renovations

Within the currently renovated rooms (says the ones in the 80s and 90s), what is the walking time or distance difference between the Classic Hall and the closest room vs the furthest room?

I'm sorry you didn't get a refurbished room like you were hoping for. Did you mention in the comments section of the TP room fax that a refurbished room was your priority? Requesting a King room might have been what pushed you out of a refurbished room. There are very few king rooms that have been refurbished at this point. It's very possible that the room assignor assumed that a king room (rather than refurbished) was your priority and that they were going to make you very happy by giving you the king room you requested since that's a tough request to get. Did you ask at the front desk if it would be possible to move to a refurbished room?

I agree that they probably felt a king room was more important. That’s why I made it very clear in my fax that a refurbished room was my only request and I did not care what building or floor. The more specific your requests become, the fewer rooms they have that match the request. I would have liked to add a request for a shower only instead of a tub, but wanted to keep my request as generic as possible to have the highest chance of getting a refurbished room.

Within the currently renovated rooms (says the ones in the 80s and 90s), what is the walking time or distance difference between the Classic Hall and the closest room vs the furthest room?

I was literally as far away from the lobby/bus area as you can get in the 80’s, and a leisurely stroll was ten minutes. I did cut across the 90’s parking and go in the front store door, as that seemed shorter than going around the back of the food court. I was a little concerned when I saw where my room was located but it turned out to be a non event. If I had been in the closest room it would have been maybe five minutes instead. If you want a refurbished room, I would focus on that request and not worry that there is a huge difference in distance between one building and another.

I was literally as far away from the lobby/bus area as you can get in the 80’s, and a leisurely stroll was ten minutes. I did cut across the 90’s parking and go in the front store door, as that seemed shorter than going around the back of the food court. I was a little concerned when I saw where my room was located but it turned out to be a non event. If I had been in the closest room it would have been maybe five minutes instead. If you want a refurbished room, I would focus on that request and not worry that there is a huge difference in distance between one building and another.
Great, that is what I wanted to confirm. It will make my request short and to the point: Refurbished room, please!
And if I get one, I will keep calm and be happy no matter where it is located.

We always book a standard room and have always got 80's or 90's - it's never been that bad of a walk. Especially compared to our Little Mermaid room at AoA or rooms we've had at some of the deluxe resorts.

We always book a standard room and have always got 80's or 90's - it's never been that bad of a walk. Especially compared to our Little Mermaid room at AoA or rooms we've had at some of the deluxe resorts.

Yes, BWV comes to mind. I had a room that was practically in DHS, it was so far away, and it felt like it took FOREVER to get to the lobby from there due to all the winding hallways. It wasn't quite so bad getting to the bus stop because there was an exit door about half way down the hall across the driveway from the bus stop, but since Epcot is my favorite park, it was a long trek back and forth almost every day. The walk at Pop felt shorter.

Yes, BWV comes to mind. I had a room that was practically in DHS, it was so far away, and it felt like it took FOREVER to get to the lobby from there due to all the winding hallways. It wasn't quite so bad getting to the bus stop because there was an exit door about half way down the hall across the driveway from the bus stop, but since Epcot is my favorite park, it was a long trek back and forth almost every day. The walk at Pop felt shorter.
Boardwalk in general is an awful walk. We had a CL room over ESPN, I think it took 15 minutes to get to the back door to exit on to Boardwalk. I thought we were so lucky to have a set of stairs close to our room, nope, they went all the way down but exited on the wrong side of a privacy fence. :/

We are staying here the second week in December and our online check in is in a few weeks. How and when can I request one of the renovated rooms?

I want to put in my request for a refurbished room for my early November stay... Should I wait to hear about Building 10 so I can request a specific room? Or should I just request refurbished and later if Building 10 becomes available request a few specific room numbers? Is that possible?

I want to put in my request for a refurbished room for my early November stay... Should I wait to hear about Building 10 so I can request a specific room? Or should I just request refurbished and later if Building 10 becomes available request a few specific room numbers? Is that possible?

Same boat here. Want to request a preferred room in building 10 for 11/1-11/6.

We are staying here the second week in December and our online check in is in a few weeks. How and when can I request one of the renovated rooms?

Call the Main Reservations line and add a request of refurbished room to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.

The
Call the Main Reservations line and add a request of refurbished room to your reservation. This can be done anytime from the day you book up until 4-5 days out. When within that time frame makes no difference.
The CM I spoke to said due to the limited number I couldn't request a refurbished room, but could request buildings or sections which in theory does the same thing. We both chuckled a bit. I told her when she answered I knew she couldn't guarantee any of my requests, so at the end she thanked me for doing her spiel for her about guarantees.....haha

The

The CM I spoke to said due to the limited number I couldn't request a refurbished room, but could request buildings or sections which in theory does the same thing. We both chuckled a bit. I told her when she answered I knew she couldn't guarantee any of my requests, so at the end she thanked me for doing her spiel for her about guarantees.....haha

Another misinformed Phone CM.

I just booked a standard room for late October. Does a regular, twin air mattress fit in the renovated rooms? If not,which section should I request to guarantee a non renovated, standard room (as close to Classic Hall as possible)? Thanks!

The

I just called and requested a refurbished room 2 days ago for next weekend. You can put in a request for whatever you want.

I just booked a standard room for late October. Does a regular, twin air mattress fit in the renovated rooms? If not,which section should I request to guarantee a non renovated, standard room (as close to Classic Hall as possible)? Thanks!

From those who have stayed in New rooms, no. You can request an unrefurbished room but no way to guarantee one. It truly is only a request.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter