Post your unpopular food opinions

Starbuck's is overrated.

When I buy a hoagie with everything on it, I get it with extra mayo and *not* oil. I also wrap it up tightly in plastic wrap and eat it the next day when it's compressed together and the roll is wet. Is that too gross?

is it from wawa?

I think the boxed mac and cheese is the best kind-better than homemade, from scratch, mac and cheese. Now I waver if the homemade kind has that layer of toasted bread crumbs. But if comparing just the mac and cheese parts-boxed wins in my opinion.

The old outback macaroo and cheese was awesome and perfect for kids. Then they changed it and added among other things a bunch of black pepper. What kid wants black pepper in their Mac and cheese? Even their new steakhouse Mac and cheese is eh. I have the original recipe for their Mac and cheese thanks to a patron who had a BIL with a franchise. Pasta plus 3 ingredients. Best. Mac. And. Cheese. Ever. (And super cheap and easy!!!). Side note I don’t mind the box, hate the deluxe, haven’t found a ‘homemade’ or crockpot recipe that comes close to our 3 ingredient Mac and cheese - lmk know if anyone wants the recipe.

I actively dislike Mexican food. Get that garbage out of here. There, I said it.

Buuuuuut

Aren't you from up north (Canada, I think?) In that case, any Mexican food you're likely to get isn't good!

Come live in Arizona... it's so much better here!!! (The Mexican food... not really anything else)

Buuuuuut

Aren't you from up north (Canada, I think?) In that case, any Mexican food you're likely to get isn't good!

Come live in Arizona... it's so much better here!!! (The Mexican food... not really anything else)
Ha! It was actually a week-long trip to Mexico that really finished me. I just don’t like the flavour-profiles; cumin and cilantro and lime, and so much of it all tastes the same. And as for the living in the US part, well, thanks but I’m good. :wave2:

I strongly dislike ketchup, and strongly believe mustard is the superior condiment, perfect for topping sandwiches and dipping fries in. Mayo is also a fantastic topping/dipping sauce, but NEVER miracle whip.

Margarine should not exist and it really offends me that that’s what Disney serves (at least in QSR places)

Sweet potato fries are gross.

I don’t like Dole Whip - it tasted super artificial and left a weird filmy feeling in my mouth.

This isn’t necessarily unpopular, but it is weird: I like to dip popcorn in salsa.

Ha! It was actually a week-long trip to Mexico that really finished me. I just don’t like the flavour-profiles; cumin and cilantro and lime, and so much of it all tastes the same. And as for the living in the US part, well, thanks but I’m good. :wave2:
I'll be honest... I've never had Mexican food from Mexico. I love the stuff here though! (Side note... I did NOT love the Mexican food in Alaska!)

The old outback macaroo and cheese was awesome and perfect for kids. Then they changed it and added among other things a bunch of black pepper. What kid wants black pepper in their Mac and cheese? Even their new steakhouse Mac and cheese is eh. I have the original recipe for their Mac and cheese thanks to a patron who had a BIL with a franchise. Pasta plus 3 ingredients. Best. Mac. And. Cheese. Ever. (And super cheap and easy!!!). Side note I don’t mind the box, hate the deluxe, haven’t found a ‘homemade’ or crockpot recipe that comes close to our 3 ingredient Mac and cheese - lmk know if anyone wants the recipe.

Me, I want the recipe!

Stovetop stuffing is good. Better then any home made stuffing that I have ever had. Onions are delicious in all forms and should be in most savory meals and on every sandwich, including hot dogs. Mayo is great on burgers and to dip fries and chicken nuggets in. Avocados are gross and taste like dirt. Pickled herring is yummy.

I really hate lima beans. And I used to buy macaroni and potato salad but now they add egg in them. I like eggs but not in those salads

Onions are delicious in all forms and should be in most savory meals and on every sandwich, including hot dogs.

Let's read this awesome little snip again. It's so awesome I'll ignore the fact we're supposed to be posting unpopular food opinions, not completely undeniable truths.

Onions are delicious in all forms and should be in most savory meals and on every sandwich, including hot dogs.

How do I love this little snip. Let me count the ways.

While I'm busy counting, I'll let you read it again

Salt and pepper alone is not a seasoning for chicken.
Everyone knows it needs onions!!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter