Post your unpopular food opinions

I buy the already peeled garlic. Not the minced garlic in the weird liquid, just the peeled cloves. J. Kenji Lopez-Alt says it's ok and I'm lazy 8-)

Well, I buy the minced garlic in the weird liquid, so you're doing better than I am.

Don't judge me--if I'm cooking for myself at the end of a work day and not making a PB&J or ordering pizza, I'm way ahead of the game IMHO.

(BTW, love Kenji and the seriouseats.com website. I've learned a lot following him on Twitter and YouTube.)

I absolutely cannot stand avacados. I call them the "the devil's fruit." How can something that has already turned to rotten mush be edible? Nothing good comes from them.

Last edited:
When I buy a hoagie with everything on it, I get it with extra mayo and *not* oil. I also wrap it up tightly in plastic wrap and eat it the next day when it's compressed together and the roll is wet. Is that too gross?

I feel you on the sandwich. For some reason I love those pre-packaged "gas station" sandwiches that have had time to sort of congeal into a moist lump of bread and filling. I don't usually do that when I order a sub from a sandwich shop, but if I have leftovers I will.

Last edited:

I hate breakfast cereal - all kinds! I rarely buy it and if I do it's more of a granola or an organic brand. I didn't grow up on cereal and always hated it when it was an option at friends' houses. My kids are pretty much the same! I also hate milk, so there goes that whole set up :D

I LOVE Peeps!
But only for Easter. Halloween Peeps, Christmas Peeps, Valentine Peeps, St Patrick Peeps are all foul.

I love eggs in general. Hard boiled eggs are an abomination. Hard boiled eggs are nothing at all like eggs used in baking. What a strange comparison. 🤷‍♀️
When I was pregnant many years ago, I had really bad morning sickness. The only thing I ate for months was jello and hard boiled eggs. They saved my life.

Last edited:
Avocados are delicious if you eat them right. Like mashed up with goat cheese, lemon juice, and some spices. Or guacamole.

I really hate mushrooms. They taste like dirt-flavored jello to me.

I strongly dislike fresh tomatoes, but I eat all tomato products (salsa, sauce, soup, ketchup).
Same on both counts.

People think I'm the crazy one for not having raw tomatoes on sandwiches and what not, but they don't realize a tomato tastes like shame and regret.

Mustard is an abomination.

Hellman's mayo is the only acceptable mayo.

Sushi is stupid.

Stop putting lettuce and tomato on my burgers and sandwiches. Just STOP. If there is a vegetable matter of any kind on my plate, the entire meal will be comped.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter