RoFR back??

There are so many different reasons they take back contracts. One is to have them to sell.

But, selling sold out resorts is not..or never has been…a priority…which is why they price them so high.

They have taken, loaded, stripped, more expensive, less expensive and everything in between.

What is weird is that this is the first time I’ve seen them take contracts for resorts in active sales. And I’ve now seen reports of at least two or three VGF.

Plenty of points still for BPK so no need to build up points deeded to original building. So no clue what and why.

Could it be there is a high demand for fixed week contracts on Deluxe studios or even one bedrooms so they are buying up points deeded to the original DVC building?

Those would sell at a premium once BPK sold out.

Could it be there is a high demand for fixed week contracts on Deluxe studios or even one bedrooms so they are buying up points deeded to the original DVC building?

Those would sell at a premium once BPK sold out.

Possibly. But I am not sure they can go back now and make fixed weeks when points were not sold that way.

And, from what I remember, most of the popular weeks at VGF were sold out for FW already.

It just doesn’t seem like something they would be doing..but then again, this is out of normal for past pattens!

It doesn’t have to be used as a fixed it week, it just gives you the option to use it as a fixed week.
I’m aware that you can un fix it, however,

If you release once doesn’t it remain unfixed

Not sure unfixed or released are the proper terms …

But again my understand was it the policy is one and done ….

Any one want to educate me?

DVC Member Services books it for you automatically (manually) outside of the 11 month booking window. That's the only difference other than it cost 10% more in points for a fixed week. It, obviously, has to be 7 consecutive days. You also aren't subject to point reallocations (if they occur).

You can cancel the fixed/guaranteed week reservation and take the points and rebook yourself. The following year they will continue to book it for you outside the 11 month window.

It's not a big deal. In fact, if you're buying resale and happening to stumble upon one—especially at a place like RIV—snatch it if the price isn't more.

I've seen them on resale frequently priced at or below market value (because buyers seem to scared of them).

Last edited:
DVC Member Services books it for you automatically (manually) outside of the 11 month booking window. That's the only difference other than it cost 10% more in points for a fixed week. It, obviously, has to be 7 consecutive days. You also aren't subject to point reallocations (if they occur).

You can cancel the fixed/guaranteed week reservation and take the points and rebook yourself. The following year they will continue to book it for you outside the 11 month window.

It's not a big deal. In fact, if you're buying resale and happening to stumble upon one—especially at a place like RIV—snatch it if the price isn't more.

I've seen them on resale frequently priced at or below market value (because buyers seem to scared of them).
Interest that seems different than I have heard before, but I have never call DVC to confirm.

Thanks

Interest that seems different than I have heard before, but I have never call DVC to confirm.

Thanks

It is explained in detail in the POS and the home resort regulations.

Basically, if you want it one year and not the next, no big deal.

It’s a Sunday to Sunday..except a few they sold at CCV for runDisney events…but those aren’t available any more.

If you decide to cancel, then the points are yours to use like always.

If you use the points before they window for MS to book the room, then it won’t get booked.

It’s why they are not called fixed weeks..they are guaranteed favorite weeks because you pay extra to guarantee the room every year if you want it!

It is explained in detail in the POS and the home resort regulations.

Basically, if you want it one year and not the next, no big deal.

It’s a Sunday to Sunday..except a few they sold at CCV for runDisney events…but those aren’t available any more.

If you decide to cancel, then the points are yours to use like always.

If you use the points before they window for MS to book the room, then it won’t get booked.

It’s why they are not called fixed weeks..they are guaranteed favorite weeks because you pay extra to guarantee the room every year if you want it!
Interesting

The fixed week lasts the entire life of the contract. It's an 'opt out' situation. Most years we don't use our fixed week. We can either a) contact member services and let them know we want to cancel the week for the year and have the floating points like everyone else or b) book a stay for the months prior to the fixed week which automatically cancels it because the points are already assigned to another reservation.

Member services book our fixed week 12 months ahead of time, and since the points chart has changed our fixed week costs less than if we were to book it ourselves.

Maybe the broker/title company will draw up the contract on special "ROFR FRIENDLY" watermarked paper with a header on it that says "For Buyer Purchase ONLY - NOT FOR ROFR".
ROFR is actually a way for brokers to increase income. A buyer, who wants a contract, looses it to ROFR--and the broker is paid by Disney--then the broker can show the buyer other contracts and be paid again. I'd also expect prices to rise slightly at resorts that aren't attracting ROFR interest and to fall a little at those that are.

For clarity, it was my post that was removed. I wasn't trying to highlight contracts for sale, rather to point out that at least one broker is advertising a bunch of non-VGF and non-AKV options as "ROFR friendly" in their listing titles. My apologies for listing the whole thing. I should've just cut and pasted the relevant parts.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter