RoFR back??

Spoke with a broker over email yesterday over an offer and they were quick to remind me that the ROFR was kicking in again … to their credit … they did only mention “three taken back” - so at least they qualified it a bit.
It's actually more than there. There were three at one broker. I know of two other places where they've had "a couple" ROFRs last week.

QUESTION: it seems all this activity was at the start of last week. Has anyone heard of another ROFR since last Monday or Tuesday.

DVC Favorite Weeks aren't restrictive. You can opt out at any time and use the entire allotment on any accommodation of your choice. In a place like VGF with high demand studio seasons and low supply of deluxe studios it can be helpful.
Wait a minute studios might be worst than fixed weeks for me…..

Spoke with a broker over email yesterday over an offer and they were quick to remind me that the ROFR was kicking in again … to their credit … they did only mention “three taken back” - so at least they qualified it a bit.
The broker I spoke today said they had 4 bought back.

It's actually more than there. There were three at one broker. I know of two other places where they've had "a couple" ROFRs last week.

QUESTION: it seems all this activity was at the start of last week. Has anyone heard of another ROFR since last Monday or Tuesday.
Broker I spoke with today said they had 4 this week

Broker I spoke with today said they had 4 this week
These are not good numbers. Fidelity and Resale Market turn a ton of contract. But outside of that, many of these brokers maybe sell 40 DVC contracts a month, maybe less. Some a lot less. If the "4 this week" was not from Fidelity or Resale Market, that is a very high percentage, as I think 10 contracts sold is a good week for many of them.

These are not good numbers. Fidelity and Resale Market turn a ton of contract. But outside of that, many of these brokers maybe sell 40 DVC contracts a month, maybe less. Some a lot less. If the "4 this week" was not from Fidelity or Resale Market, that is a very high percentage, as I think 10 contracts sold is a good week for many of them.
I agree, and are very curious to hear from which brokers they got taken.

I find it interesting someone could determine with undeniable fact my post includes “not good numbers.” Regardless of which broker turns whatever number, this was given to me by a broker working at a resale company. So while no one can assume the information I received is factual, it is in fact information direct from a source who has access to data in this area. In short, my numbers are good

Last edited:
I find it interesting someone could determine with undeniable fact my post includes “not good numbers.” Regardless of which broker turns whatever number, this was given to me by a broker working at a resale company. So while no one can assume the information I received is factual, it is in fact information direct from a source who has access to data in this area. In short, my numbers are good
It's the internet, and you used facts he didn't agree with.... they sounded go to me...

The bottom line if you are one of the 4,40, or 400 contract that didn't pass ROFR, your next bid will be higher, and you'll drive the marker up, or

You'll purchase direct either way

The mouse will get his way

It's the internet, and you used facts he didn't agree with.... they sounded go to me...

The bottom line if you are one of the 4,40, or 400 contract that didn't pass ROFR, your next bid will be higher, and you'll drive the marker up, or

That’s pretty much how I assessed the “advice” I was being given by the broker - it’s in their best interest - and I am ok with it - it is what it is - depending as you rightly point out - what the Mouse decides to do.

No one is questioning the accuracy of your numbers. What I think is clear above is that these numbers are “not good” for buyers hoping to avoid ROFR.

I took their statement as not good for buyers as there is an increasing percentage of contracts getting taken by ROFR. Not that the numbers you mentioned were inaccurate. The example they used 4 in 40 a month would mean they are having close to 10% of contracts ROFR’d which would agree with the numbers not being good for buyers.

I took their statement as not good for buyers as there is an increasing percentage of contracts getting taken by ROFR. Not that the numbers you mentioned were inaccurate. The example they used 4 in 40 a month would mean they are having close to 10% of contracts ROFR’d which would agree with the numbers not being good for buyers.
That’s one way of interpreting it for sure, thank you!

People can certainly post the link to the broker and if it is filtered, just leave it that way (without comment). That would at least rule out they are talking abuot
I tried this once and got in trouble for doing it incorrectly, when I thought I had done it right…so I don’t bother anymore.. I don’t want to be scolded for not knowing how to do it 😂😂

I tried this once and got in trouble for doing it incorrectly, when I thought I had done it right…so I don’t bother anymore.. I don’t want to be scolded for not knowing how to do it 😂😂

I get it! What I do is go to the website and copy the actual link to paste…no longer type it out.

I made the same mistake once myself. It’s also how I know if sites have been added or removed from the filter! Mods don’t usually get a heads up.

I'm sure this is hard to believe but while some will offer more or go direct, others actually will continue to challenge ROFR with low offers (early in the thread, it was acknowledged that some lower offers got through than those that were ROFRed) and some just drop out of the market for DVC if the prices are too high.

I'm sure this is hard to believe but while some will offer more or go direct, others actually will continue to challenge ROFR with low offers (early in the thread, it was acknowledged that some lower offers got through than those that were ROFRed) and some just drop out of the market for DVC if the prices are too high.
Isn’t the definition on insanity doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results ?

Maybe you only get bit once by ROFR.
If not, how many times do you try?

What is your time worth?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter