September 2011 - The Planning Continues! (2nd Thread)

It is great to hear that everyone made it through the storm. Things can be pretty rough dealing with hurricanes.

Wow Basketkat, I'm so surprised that your story is so similar to mine! When I was going through it I felt so alone, like nobody else could understand. That is so scary about the bubble in the line :scared1: I am so glad that you were ok! I can definitely understand your fears, not to mention the chance of infection/sepsis from the Picc line!
l:

[B:hug: So many of us have shared experiences but we can all count our blessings with the families we do have :goodvibes][/B]

I felt alone too!!! Ironically there was a girl in my TINY town that was going through it at the same time as me!!! I didn't know her at the time, but we are friends now. So odd!

I TOTALLY agree! :grouphug:

Down to only one week!! I feel like time is flying by. Looked at the first page and its loooooong! next to my name it says 5~. I wish i was staying there forver. haha. But i come back the 16. Cant wait!! Still have a little light packing to do....see ya real soon!:cool1:

So, what do you guys think of this brilliant idea :upsidedow? We're driving down and I'm thinking about packing my two boys' clothes in clear plastic bins. I usually put their stuff in big duffel bags on wheels and they always lay around in the way the whole time (I don't always unpack everything because I was warned against using drawers by an exterminator :sad2:). I always feel sorry for Mousekeeping and how they have to work around the junk of 5 people.

I was thinking that we could stack the bins in the sink area under the clothes rod and they would be out of the way (we're at POR). As long as they fit in the van, the only downside I see is how silly we'll look carrying them from the vehicle to the room :rotfl:. Anyone else think this might work? I also think I'm bringing a pop-up hamper. The trash bag just isn't working as well with so many of us :goodvibes.

Good morning, all!!!!

Hope everyone is doing well and getting excited for our trips!!

I was bored at work yesterday, so I was doing a little playing on the internet and I thought I would check DD9's teacher's site to see if there were any tidbits of news. On the school's main page, there was a link to a letter that was sent to all of the principles in our county.

I'm not sure if y'all remember my stress about the school board changing our school schedule for this year and removing the fall break? The fall break that we were booked to go to WDW?

Anyway, the letter stated that since the schedule had changed and there were a lot of families who had booked family trips for that week, the teachers should work with the students to give them make-up work AND actually count the work as full credit. It did state that the absences would still be considered unexcused, though.

I've had a very bad attitude about the school board change because we've gone to WDW every September for the past 5-6 years. I'm glad to see that they have realized that people plan vacations far in advance and can't just up and change them once they are booked.

Of course, I haven't let DD9's teacher know yet that she won't be there, but at least I know she'll be able to get her work and get full credit for it.

Good morning, all!!!!

I was bored at work yesterday, so I was doing a little playing on the internet and I thought I would check DD9's teacher's site to see if there were any tidbits of news. On the school's main page, there was a link to a letter that was sent to all of the principles in our county.

I'm not sure if y'all remember my stress about the school board changing our school schedule for this year and removing the fall break? The fall break that we were booked to go to WDW?

Anyway, the letter stated that since the schedule had changed and there were a lot of families who had booked family trips for that week, the teachers should work with the students to give them make-up work AND actually count the work as full credit. It did state that the absences would still be considered unexcused, though.

I've had a very bad attitude about the school board change because we've gone to WDW every September for the past 5-6 years. I'm glad to see that they have realized that people plan vacations far in advance and can't just up and change them once they are booked.

Of course, I haven't let DD9's teacher know yet that she won't be there, but at least I know she'll be able to get her work and get full credit for it.

That's great that she will get full credit!!! I'm sure that's a stress relief!

Is this possible and/or a good idea? I was planning on having water delivered to us from Garden Grocer, but after looking it up... holy $$$$, batman! Their water is insanely priced, PLUS the delivery fee is nuts. We won't have a car in WDW either. So, I was thinking of taking a few reusable water bottles and filling them up in the food court in the mornings before we go, when we come back for our nap in the afternoons, and at night when we come back. Is this a reasonable idea or should I just fork out the cash for Garden Grocer?

I am ordering from staples.com! a 24 case of poland spring 16.9oz bottles (the normal ones) for 6.99 plus 9.956 delivery fee and tax, so about $20 with tax, is less than $1 a bottle. I am ordering mine right now!

So poland springs is out of stock but I got this instead:

Item 571863 Nestle® Pure Life™ Bottled Purified Water, 24/Case Expected business-day delivery: Wed 08/31 Qty: 1
at $5.99 24/Case Price:
$5.99

Subtotal: $5.99
Coupons: $0.00
Tax: $0.65
Delivery: $9.95
Total: $16.59

Todays drawing..... Number 10!!!

babypooh.jpg

So, what do you guys think of this brilliant idea :upsidedow? We're driving down and I'm thinking about packing my two boys' clothes in clear plastic bins. I usually put their stuff in big duffel bags on wheels and they always lay around in the way the whole time (I don't always unpack everything because I was warned against using drawers by an exterminator :sad2:). I always feel sorry for Mousekeeping and how they have to work around the junk of 5 people.

I was thinking that we could stack the bins in the sink area under the clothes rod and they would be out of the way (we're at POR). As long as they fit in the van, the only downside I see is how silly we'll look carrying them from the vehicle to the room :rotfl:. Anyone else think this might work? I also think I'm bringing a pop-up hamper. The trash bag just isn't working as well with so many of us :goodvibes.

I think that is brilliant! People won't be laughing at you, they'll be thinking, why didn't I think of that!:confused3 How nice of you to think about the housekeeper's difficulties. Also, I had never heard of not using the drawers. We always use them. :scared1: Maybe I should re-think that. Thanks for the heads up.:thumbsup2

ETA: I'm doing the single digit dance!!!:dancer:party::jumping1:

Is this possible and/or a good idea? I was planning on having water delivered to us from Garden Grocer, but after looking it up... holy $$$$, batman! Their water is insanely priced, PLUS the delivery fee is nuts. We won't have a car in WDW either. So, I was thinking of taking a few reusable water bottles and filling them up in the food court in the mornings before we go, when we come back for our nap in the afternoons, and at night when we come back. Is this a reasonable idea or should I just fork out the cash for Garden Grocer?

If you only need water, I think Costco.com has the best deal. It's 24ct 1/2liter for $8.49 for members including shipping and $8.91 for non-members (2% surcharge). Many on DIS ordered from them so it works. On the site it says takes 2~3 business days for delievery.

26 days :banana::banana::banana::banana:

I still feel so unprepared. Our regular dog sitter had to back out so now we've got to find someone to do that.

There is a few more things I need to get like SD cards for our cameras. the ones I'm using now are so old and beat up and starting to break.

I STILL haven't found DD's lanyard and pins from last year. I can't figure out where I put them.

I've got a bunch of stuff "in limbo" right now. Meaning a lot of stuff that I'm taking with us is currently in the mail on its way here lol. So I'm feeling like theres so much I don't have but it is ordered and on the way. like two dresses for DD, a stroller rain cover, more pins, a couple toy story plushes for DD's birthday

I don't know why I am feeling so unprepared lol. there really isn't THAT much I have to do before we go... it just feels like there is.

yesterday DD and I went to the Disney store. I wanted to get one more T shirt for the trip and I ended up having to use more will power than ever before in my life LOL. They had a clearance sale and these BIG stuffed minnies were half price. they were only $25. BUT that's $25 I just shouldn't spend right now lol not until next paycheck anyway. So I walked away. My mom was so impressed that DD didn't have a tantrum over not getting one and I was like... probably because I was having the tantrum :lmao:

DD just wanted a picture lol
IMG_1546.jpg

If they are still there and on clearance next week I'm definitely getting one.

Oh my gosh Sparks those are so cute for 25.. I would be throwing the tantrum too :sad1: But then I would remember that we are all going to WDW!!!!! Yippeee!!

ShhhQ - Love your ten pic! It's your last double digit picture!! :banana:

First day of school was postponed because of Irene. It almsot made me feel guilty about taking them out for a week until i remembered that they redistricted he schools (which inconvenienced me) and the vacations this year (which inconvenienced many) so I am still ok with taking the kids out. No credit here though, just 5 days unexcused. The things I do for no lines at wdw :thumbsup2

Made my appointment with the eye dr. Need some contacts for the waterparks!

Oh my gosh Sparks those are so cute for 25.. I would be throwing the tantrum too :sad1: But then I would remember that we are all going to WDW!!!!! Yippeee!!

!

aren't they cute? DD is drawn to them everytime we go to the disney store :rotfl: but even more than that I just know I'm not going to see those for $25 ever again LOL or at least not anytime soon.

But yes... we are going to WDW YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY

Todays drawing..... Number 10!!!

]​

So precious!!! You're almost to single digits! :woohoo:

yesterday DD and I went to the Disney store. I wanted to get one more T shirt for the trip and I ended up having to use more will power than ever before in my life LOL. They had a clearance sale and these BIG stuffed minnies were half price. they were only $25. BUT that's $25 I just shouldn't spend right now lol not until next paycheck anyway. So I walked away. My mom was so impressed that DD didn't have a tantrum over not getting one and I was like... probably because I was having the tantrum :lmao:

DD just wanted a picture lol

If they are still there and on clearance next week I'm definitely getting one.

Oh wow that is total will power! I wouldn't of been able to resist! LOL!!!! In fact I wonder if they are on sale at my Disney store as well...it would be a great Christmas gift! :thumbsup2

I'm ordering from wegoshopping. They only charge you the grocery store prices, plus their delivery fee. This year we only need water and diapers, but when we don't stay CL I order things like yogurt drinks, chips, juice boxes, soda, and other snack things for the room since I travel alone with the kids. This way if they fall asleep and I want something I don't have to worry about not being able to leave them alone and starving myself lol. They really are a great service and you can even ask them to shop at warehouse stores like Costco or Sam's. Up to $50 is only $18 delivery charge which is way cheaper than renting a car and I figured about the same as having it delivered plus paying the resort fee for picking it up and I get it delivered right to my room. :thumbsup2 I can't say enough good things about their service, honestly.

Good morning, all!!!!

Are you in Cobb County? I live in Paulding and we were so worried that when Cobb changed their calendar Paulding would follow but we got lucky and they didn't. We did lose winter break last year because of the snow and people were so angry so I don't think they wanted to go through that again.

Today I'm feeling a little panicked :scared1:. Our trip is 8 days away and I'm realizing how much I haven't done yet. The hardest thing is my DD is in her first college class (as a high school senior) and while the instructor has agreed to excuse her time off, he want her to have internet access (just found out today). I posted the question on the theme parks forum, but I'm hoping that using the cable at POR for internet will be easy. I don't mind paying the $9.95 - I'm just scared it won't work well (we're not completely computer savvy).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter