September 2011 - The Planning Continues! (2nd Thread)

YAAAAAAAAY while cleaning my daughters room today and putting up some stuffed animals on the shelf in her closet I remembered where I put her lanyard and pins from the last trip... up on the very top shelf where I couldn't see them unless I got a chair LOL

Today I'm feeling a little panicked :scared1:. Our trip is 8 days away and I'm realizing how much I haven't done yet. The hardest thing is my DD is in her first college class (as a high school senior) and while the instructor has agreed to excuse her time off, he want her to have INTERNET access (just found out today). I posted the question on the theme parks forum, but I'm hoping that using the cable at POR for internet will be easy. I don't mind paying the $9.95 - I'm just scared it won't work well (we're not completely computer savvy).

We have used the internet a couple of times at Disney and also at other places and you just plug it in to your computer click on your browser and follow the directions. You may have to do this every day depending on the contract.
We saw those Minnies and also Mickys at costco on Sun for $35 so that's a really good deal.

How much do they charge for a bottle of water? I was going to order from Garden Grocer, but by the time you add delivery it just doesn't seem worth it. :confused3

Bring your water containers from home or buy a couple of bottles of water initially. Then you can fill your water containers with ice at your resort and be ready for the day. Also, you can get free ice water at most of the cs places as well as some of the vendors. As many times as you need. Hope this helps.:good vibes

ETA: Thanks for keeping up with the thread and the need to start another one!:lovestruc

LHarper, we do just what disneychick2 does! We pack maybe a 6 pack of water bottles for the two or three of us, and then refill them a couple times each as needed and then take advantage of the free water Counter Service locations offer. Don't be afraid to ask! Its nice that its unlimited, because then you don't have to feel obligated to carry a cup or bottle around if you don't want. My boyfriend brings crystal light packets to put in it, but I don't really care about the taste of it when I'm hot and thirsty,,i just need to hydrate and cool down!

Good morning, all!!!!

I've had a very bad attitude about the school board change because we've gone to WDW every September for the past 5-6 years. I'm glad to see that they have realized that people plan vacations far in advance and can't just up and change them once they are booked.

Of course, I haven't let DD9's teacher know yet that she won't be there, but at least I know she'll be able to get her work and get full credit for it.

Glad to hear that they are at least willing to work with you! Also glad parents voiced their thoughts and let them know they needed to be more flexible!
Just informed my daughter's school of her missing a week of school, waiting on a reply :confused: - really hope they don't go negative on me - I know it won't hurt her - she's a smart kid - and its only in the first few weeks (when they do a lot of review)... I also asked for the work for that week to do with her... fingers crossed... keep your fingers crossed for me :wizard:

Fingers crossed for you! So I just started back to school, and they didn't post our class until this last Friday, when we were starting on Monday/Tuesday...so I thought I'd take the initiative and get ahold of my professor as soon as I knew who it would be and let them know I was going to miss one week of an 8 week class cause I would be out of town. He wasn't real pleased saying it was important I keep up and I'd have to work ahead-cause I have one 2-3 page paper due while we're gone...which I offered to do anyway! Well they finally get the syllabus posted, in which he addressed being out of town for work and family emergencies saying if he is aware of the situation he will give you extra time....so really I should've waited and said I was out of town for business...had I only known!! But at least I was honest! He wants us checking in online 3 to 4 times a week. And our online participation is 1/3 of our grade. Luckily he counts the weeks Monday-Sunday...so we get back late on a Saturday night....and I decided I'll make all my posts up that Sunday when we get back for the week I missed! Otherwise I may pre-write my answers and have my brother log on for me and post them for me!!

The hardest thing is my DD is in her first college class (as a high school senior) and while the instructor has agreed to excuse her time off, he want her to have internet access (just found out today). I posted the question on the theme parks forum, but I'm hoping that using the cable at POR for internet will be easy. I don't mind paying the $9.95 - I'm just scared it won't work well (we're not completely computer savvy).

See I thought about doing this to meet the requirement of logging in enough times during the week for my class too,.,,but I've decided I'm not hauling a computer down and paying $10-$20 for a day or two of use (granted we'd probably use it for more than just that) because its our VACATION! And one of the things I love the most is unplugging and just spending time with my boyfriend and not working,,or worrying about email and all that junk! I'm sure it will go just fine for you, and I applaud you and your daughter for being so dedicated to her school work!!

See I thought about doing this to meet the requirement of logging in enough times during the week for my class too,.,,but I've decided I'm not hauling a computer down and paying $10-$20 for a day or two of use (granted we'd probably use it for more than just that) because its our VACATION! And one of the things I love the most is unplugging and just spending time with my boyfriend and not working,,or worrying about email and all that junk! I'm sure it will go just fine for you, and I applaud you and your daughter for being so dedicated to her school work!!

My daughter is frantic with worry about keeping up with her class :goodvibes. Its her first college level class and she really wants to do well. I know that this is our last chance at a family September Disney trip, so I booked it knowing that it could be difficult for her. The instructor has been good about allowing her to make up work (at least he says he will be) and since she's still a high schooler, he is probably being a little more lenient. Still, I know that she will want to keep up with her work (or none of us will have any rest ;)).

Packing a case of water from home is a good idea :)

We are planning on doing dinners in the room most days. we are doing parks in the morning and then coming back to the room for a break from 1-5 ish so we want to just make quick dinners we can eat in the room and then head back out. We thought of spaghetti, tacos... and that's it LOL. Any ideas?

Also another question. We arrive on the sunday and we are planning to hit Downtown Disney and do some shopping and get some dinner. Now I'm trying to figure out where to eat. We will have DD who will be 4. We dined at Rainforest Cafe once and OMG never again lol. it was WAY too obnoxious for my tastes and DD couldn't stand the noise. So T rex is out too lol.

Where do you like to eat at DTD?

I can't believe we are all so close.

We are doing DTD the day we arrive also. We LOVE WPC for a nice relaxed sit down meal. I have also only heard good things about WPE.

12 days to go and I'm not ready!:scared1:

I've contacted all the teachers, rescheduled DD's doctor's appointment...but I have not yet started packing or determining what to wear or figuring out any of that stuff.

On top of this, work has decided to be "made of crazy". One of our agencies has financially imploded and work is going to seriously suck for the next two weeks at least.:sad2:

Vacation can't come soon enough.

I ran on to a super cute idea on another thread that I just had to share:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1884129

Take photos of kids in a couple "same places" every trip to show how much they have grown since the last trip.

So September buddies where are some good ideas to take a height picture?

PS The link also is a HUGE packing list.

Are you in Cobb County? I live in Paulding and we were so worried that when Cobb changed their calendar Paulding would follow but we got lucky and they didn't. We did lose winter break last year because of the snow and people were so angry so I don't think they wanted to go through that again.

Yep, we are in Cobb. We moved to Cobb from Cherokee three years ago, so we were very excited when they decided to do the breaks. If we had known that DH was going to change jobs and move offices from Atlanta to Marietta, we probably would have bought a house in Cherokee just for the school schedule. Lol

:banana:Single digit dance!!! 9 days!! I have been so busy today I didn't get a chance to do my banana dance until now!!:banana:

I packed up our nice Disney clothes (dress shirts for dbf and dresses for me for dinner adr's), my park touring clothes, and the toiletries I bought today.

I had to see my cardio dr today too because I have been having "near-syncopal" episodes, meaning I have been almost fainting. Apparently my meds are working too good, and they are dropping my blood pressure too low. I have to change my regimen a bit and hopefully that helps. Not what I wanted to deal with.... :headache:

Why can't the next 9 days be done and over with already!!

(why aren't the banana's dancing tonight?? that makes me sad :confused::sad2:)

OOOOOOO Chocolate dipped bananas sound fantastic!! Do they sell them at WDW!?!?

My bananas are dancing now!! :banana:

(I didn't realize we moved to the new thread either when I posted that... :rotfl:)

We will be on the road in about 3 hours, and I'm still packing, so this will be my last post before we leave!

Hope everyone has a safe and fun-filled Labor Day weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter