September watch!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone who is military...I just booked a split stay with POP and AkL standard view at a 40% discount for 8 nights. There is a 30% discount for less than 7 nights. I'd venture to say that this may be better than the AP rate. 46 per night for POP and 119 a night for AKL. Glad my uncle, who is going with us, is a retired disabled Vet. :cool1: :cool1:

Well I called today to check on September AP rates. Unfortunately I got an untrained CM. She kept trying to sell my APs. I tried to explain to her what an AP rate was but she was lost. I then asked her to check for a PIN in my name and she said they don't sell the Disney pins over the phone and that I could only get them in the parks! I gave up. I'll try again another day when I have some more time to waste.

LadyBugsy, I just booked a 3/4 stay on the mliitary rate at Pop/AKL also! We'll be going Oct 1-8th hopefully if my dh is home from Iraq and can take his leave then...

I'm planning a surprise birthday trip for DH. Sept. 30 - Oct. 3rd. Just a long weekend. Our AP's run out on 10/18 so this way we're getting a third trip out of them, plus another MNSSHP and another round of the Food and Wine Festival. Yummy!

Now the question is - do we take the kids or leave them with grandma and grandpa? (My heart says bring them with!)

is a retired disabled Vet
I was under the impression that you had to be active duty, not retired. You might want to double check---I would hate to have you get a nasty surprise on checkin!

Brian Noble said:
I was under the impression that you had to be active duty, not retired. You might want to double check---I would hate to have you get a nasty surprise on checkin!

OH NO! I asked them for the military room only discount. She didn't say anything about it being active duty only! Do you think they will really take it away from me?!!! :sad2:

It said on my reservations I had to show my Military ID, it didn't say active duty, but it's always a good idea to check.

I'm going on 9/26-10/3 at CSR and have the pin for free dining.

Okay i'm new and stupid but how did you all get a pin for free dinning? This is our first trip and i was just woundering.

I finally got tired of all this reading a searching for a good rate so I just called and booked for September. The CM was very nice and search for codes, etc. attached to my name but found nothing. He said to watch closely as time passes and a change to a discount could be made to my reservation. About 1 month ago I changed my email address on the WDW website to make sure they could send any email codes my way but when the CM was doing my ressie he was still showing my old email address. :badpc: Hope I didn't miss anything. Regardless, has anyone ever had trouble changing to a reduced rate if you found it after initial reservations have been made?

califred said:
It said on my reservations I had to show my Military ID, it didn't say active duty, but it's always a good idea to check.

From Mousesavers.com:

Military August-October 2005 Room-Only Discount Code

Active duty military can ask for the following codes and get special discounted rates at select Walt Disney World resorts for check-ins 8/1/05-10/4/05:

Code EXJ for 30% off rack rates on a stay of 1-6 nights
Code EXK for 40% off rack rates on a stay of 7 or more nights
Active military ID required at check-in. Thanks to Small World Vacations for the info on this rate.

thanks, my dh is active duty so it won't be an issue for me but ladybugsy you might want to call back and check

Gooofy-Blade said:
I finally got tired of all this reading a searching for a good rate so I just called and booked for September. The CM was very nice and search for codes, etc. attached to my name but found nothing. He said to watch closely as time passes and a change to a discount could be made to my reservation. About 1 month ago I changed my email address on the WDW website to make sure they could send any email codes my way but when the CM was doing my ressie he was still showing my old email address. :badpc: Hope I didn't miss anything. Regardless, has anyone ever had trouble changing to a reduced rate if you found it after initial reservations have been made?

I always book ahead of time for the resort I want. The Poly books up quickly and since I'm willing to pay rackrate if need be I book it. I've had no trouble applying the discount IF there is one. I've already booked for October and December. I want to book for June 2006 too but don't know if you can book more then a year in advance. Anyone know?

Posting to subscribe to this thread.
We're looking for 2 rooms for 3 nights at a budget-mod.
I guess I should go ahead and make ressies and then wait for the codes (?)

We are looking for a Tower room at CR in September. Looking forward to seeing the codes released. We have the room reserved already, just need the code.........

Mandy ::MinnieMo

Hi!
Getting in on this thread... we hope to be able to go before our annual passes expire 9/20/05. Glad we have a big group again this September!!!! :hourglass

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter