Staying @ POP & want to decorate your window?We need someone to Takeover the thread!

I guess they are still mia??? Well, I was on the list last summer shortly after it started and I'll tell you we had so much stuff for our room (we arrived 8/30 I think). If they don't turn up, I'll just go out and get some more goodies (I didn't buy expensive things, but cute useable things).

Michelle, maybe you could post some good ideas of what to take (in case the original boxes dont' show) since there are almost 1800 posts here.

Did you ever think this would continue this long? I think it is great and can't wait for our trip in August.

Hope you are feeling well.

Patty

Thank you!!! i never ever thought this thread would keep going! but i agree it's a good idea for a list of things to bring if nothing shows up!

Stuff i always bring and did just fine with lat year (since i never got the box):

Tape
White Christmas lights
Paper (construction)
safety Scissors
Paper (the long butcher type and i used this to cover the door so people could write all over the door.)

Then depending on the season you are visiting, bring decor for that!
Halloween --> we hung bats from the top of the window sill & put jackolanters on the window sill. Skeleton for the door.

Christmas--> Table top Christmas tree, ornaments to hang fromt eh top of window. Stocking for the door..

Fourth of july--> Little Flags, red/white/blue streamers

That kind of stuff!!

I'm leaving on Thursday. I will bringing some things. Who should I leave the stuff for? Also, did anyone come up with a number that the MIA boxes were?
I can at least ask about them.

MickeyP, hi there!! thanks!
you can leave the stuff for TheMudd4 3/24-3/31

I can PM you her name info if you would like or you can PM her to exchange info :)

as far as claim numbers we don't have them yet.

DMM - Sorry I have not been on and did not knowing you were looking for the numbers again. I just PM'd you and I am sending a ton of pixie dust to whomever is attempting to claim them!

Do you want me to try and find then name I left them for again and the supposed pick up date? I will have to try and track that info down as it is not on the claim tickets which sit right by the computer. If you would like that info I can start looking... I am quite sure it is here somewhere!

Thanks for everything! I hope we can get this settled!!!! :yay:

Maybe it turned out to be a GOOD thing that we didn't have anybody picking them up until the end of the month!!

Boy I hope these show up. I'm the poster who mailed a box (16 lb.) back to Pop when the Guest Services wouldn't take it from me. That was just a cardboard box from Disney shopping that I made a lime green label for. It was rather large; sure hope they both turn up.

I do remember from a long time ago when a stroller swap was going that someone had to keep at the Pop services until they found the stroller that we knew was there and the CMs couldn't find. It did turn up! :tink: for all Window Box swappers.

Boy I hope these show up. I'm the poster who mailed a box (16 lb.) back to Pop when the Guest Services wouldn't take it from me. That was just a cardboard box from Disney shopping that I made a lime green label for. It was rather large; sure hope they both turn up.

I do remember from a long time ago when a stroller swap was going that someone had to keep at the Pop services until they found the stroller that we knew was there and the CMs couldn't find. It did turn up! :tink: for all Window Box swappers.

Debbie, maybe you can help us! This is the same box that the current Box 2 is still packed in. I replaced the box for Box 1 but the box that you used to mail stuff in was still in good shape and sufficient for me to use to package Box 2. I have been asked to give approximate sizes/descriptions for the boxes and had a hard time guesstimating sizes - maybe you are better at it then me. I know that when I went to pick up the boxes the first time they told me they were unable to locate them but the second time the CM did ask me for an approximate size and description of the boxes and then was finally able to locate them. Perhaps you might remember better what size the box was? If so maybe that info might help the person who is trying to pick up the boxes? I gave a shot at guessing on one of these posts a while back, but it was only a guess and could be WAY off. I am thinking of ANYTHING right now that could help these boxes be found... I feel badly about this!

DMM - did you want me to mail these claim tickets off to someone? You mentioned it in your PM but never gave me any info?

Yes, most likely to 2angels, but we are goign to wait until MickeyP gets back and see if she had any luck! she's heading down tomorrow! :) :tinker:

For Newfie2000: I think your guess at box size is good -- perhaps 18" X 15" X 24". I havn't seen it since January, and it's hard to think back that far.

Hi Michelle...
I am going to be heading out in just a few days(although not cheking in WDW until the 24th). I am pretty sure since it is not updated the boxes are still mia. I have enough lime green to do up my window so you don't have to worry about me on the dates with the boxes, but if you would like for me to start a new one please let me know.
Penny

OMG! i cannot believe the end of March is already here and the boxes are still MIA!!!

Penny thanks for the offer and I will PM you too!

Any updates? I am going either Tuesday or Wednesday and would be happy to stop by if someone can give me the information (I don't believe I got a PM).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter