The Disneyland Hotel Superthread

Slightly more (see my response above) but breakfast wasn't really that exciting. The best of the spreads, by a far, was the happy hour appetizer spread. I really enjoyed all the fancy apps they had. They "felt" fancy and actually tasted good! The dessert buffet was more "looks pretty, tastes... ok".
Could you share what type of appetizers they had that you could remember?

Could you share what type of appetizers they had that you could remember?
OH I am so pleased with myself, b/c I was just thinking "I wish I had taken a photo" and then suddenly remembered that I texted a photo of my plate to my kids.

OK - so the asparagus dish is obvious; the white is goat cheese. The little dish behind that is cubed melon, proscuitto and (fresh) fig. The pinched-closed buns were filled with Chinese pork. The ball-shaped fried things were arancini. The oblong fried things were some kind of 4-cheese filling? (My coordinating text called them "four cheese things, lol, sorry!) I can't remember what they called them, but I do remember that they were my favorite hot thing. I wouldn't have taken bread unless there was cheese - I think maybe that's manchego hiding in the background, with grapes?

1675812336120.png

@ballarinamom in case you want to see a dessert plate - here was my son's plate. This is a good representation, b/c DD said he took one of everything lol (one, a little filled donut, was in his mouth). They were all very pretty, just not that great-tasting. If you have been on DCL, it's kind of similar to an often-heard complaints about how they have gelatin-set things that look great but are bland. The options changed very slightly when DH and I went like an hour later, but nothing I ate was memorable or worthy of taking a 2nd time.

1675813110030.png

Thanks so much for sharing! I read another review with chicken skewers. So its nice to see they mix it up!

The items rotate, so usually not the same thing 2 nights in a row. One night during my last visit we had coconut shrimp. Mac and cheese balls were a hit with my kids. The have chicken skewers sometimes, as well as beef skewers with various sauces. Each night has 3-4 hot items, cheese plates, veggies and dip, and fruit.

Is there a pharmacy or a grocery store or convenience store (not Disney run) located within 10-15 walking distance from Disneyland hotel?
There’s a CVS and Walgreens at Katella & Harbor. I think there’s a 7-11 there too. The walk is probably closer to 15-20 minutes depending on your walking speed and exactly where you’re coming from at the hotel, but it’s close enough.

Hi all! I have another pretty specific club-level question.

We stayed CL at GCH in August and, by the end of our trip, my husband and I had adopted the Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin as our official vacation beverage. Does anyone know if this has been offered recently at DLH?

We just made the switch from GCH and are very excited to try this hotel in a few weeks!

Just booked club level for a trip in May so excited. This will be our second trip last one was 6 years ago. first at the disneyland hotel.

You'll enjoy it! Disneyland Hotel has always been my favorite. I love its roots and being the OG Disney property.

Just booked club level for a trip in May so excited. This will be our second trip last one was 6 years ago. first at the disneyland hotel.
Have fun! We've stayed at club level a few times and it was really convenient and the food was great.

Staying at the DL Hotel for the first time in a few weeks. I’ve heard it can be a bit of a challenge getting through security in time to get lined up for the 7:30 early entrance.

1. Is this true?

2. Any tips to make it easier?

Thank you.

Staying at the DL Hotel for the first time in a few weeks. I’ve heard it can be a bit of a challenge getting through security in time to get lined up for the 7:30 early entrance.

1. Is this true?

Thank you.
Go early to security. If you can go completely bagless, sometimes this speeds things up (sometimes it doesn’t if they don’t have a “no bags” line that day). Best plan is EARLY!!!

Does anyone know what toiletries are available? Besides the soap, is there a razor, shower cap etc.?

Does anyone know what I should expect as far as price per night for a standard room over Presidents Day week? Disney won’t release those 2024 rack rates until summer probably. Just trying to sort out if it’s even remotely near my price range. Ty

Does anyone know what I should expect as far as price per night for a standard room over Presidents Day week? Disney won’t release those 2024 rack rates until summer probably. Just trying to sort out if it’s even remotely near my price range. Ty
Trying giving the hotel a call directly. They can book rooms that far out, but wont have package rates.

Question for those who have stayed at both…is GCH CL *that* much better than DLH CL? Or is it like WDW where the differences between CLs are functionally minimal and really a matter of personal preference? And are there any major differences with the club level rooms themselves between the two hotels?

The week we are going, GCH is $500 a night more than DLH between comparable CL rooms at the two hotels, and considering CL is already $500 a night more than a regular non-CL room, that’s a large dollar sign for me to run past the hubby. We’ve stayed at both hotels before, and they each have pros and cons, but CL is really about the lounge and the food, and we haven’t done club at either.

Thanks!

1. Is this true?

Thank you.
We’ve been here the past few days. We left our room at 6:40 one morning, 6:50 the other morning. Both mornings there was a decent line at security when we arrived down there (just outside the hotel), but it moved VERY quickly once security opened at 7:00. They had seven or eight stations going. We took our time walking down to the parks and were in line at the gates at the parks by 7:15/7:20. Both days they opened the gates around 7:25. The first morning they were having technical difficulties at the particular turnstile we were at (what luck! Haha!), so we stood there a good three or four minutes as all the other people in the other lines streamed into the park. Even so, I have photos inside the park timestamped 7:29 and we were able to walk straight on to several rides in Fantasyland. We were able to do so much during the Early Entry period each morning!
Hope this helps and hope you have a similar experience! Enjoy your time!

Question for those who have stayed at both…is GCH CL *that* much better than DLH CL? Or is it like WDW where the differences between CLs are functionally minimal and really a matter of personal preference? And are there any major differences with the club level rooms themselves between the two hotels?

The week we are going, GCH is $500 a night more than DLH between comparable CL rooms at the two hotels, and considering CL is already $500 a night more than a regular non-CL room, that’s a large dollar sign for me to run past the hubby. We’ve stayed at both hotels before, and they each have pros and cons, but CL is really about the lounge and the food, and we haven’t done club at either.

Thanks!
I actually think that Disneyland Hotel Club Level is better than the Grand to me. The food at GCH might be slightly better (but not significantly) but the view from the DLH club can't be beat. You can sit in the club and watch the fireworks with the music piped in and a cocktail and desert in hand. This is especially valuable for me at this point in my life because I have little kids so I can put them to bed right after the fireworks end instead of having to walk all the way back from the parks. I don't think you can go wrong with either one but at this point in my life I would choose DLH.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter