THE MURPHYS are LIVE from the YACHT CLUB ~ May 25-June 1

So much fun to follow along on this trip and so happy it ended do much better than it started. Safe trip home!

I just convinced DH that we should do an Illuminations cruise on our August trip!!!! Yay!

Hey everyone :) We made it home and I just woke up from a nap ;) I'm excited to checkout our photopass pictures, I'm hoping we got some good ones!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Hey everyone :) We made it home and I just woke up from a nap ;) I'm excited to checkout our photopass pictures, I'm hoping we got some good ones!!!

Glad to hear your home and everything is fine
Earlier I saw on the news about flooding in your state. I was hoping your home wasn't in any of that!
Now on with the next trip. Lol

Glad to hear your home and everything is fine
Earlier I saw on the news about flooding in your state. I was hoping your home wasn't in any of that!
Now on with the next trip. Lol

Luckily no, we are several miles from the river :)

So sad your trip is over:sad:
I really enjoyed following you along your vacation. You have me so excited for my vacation in a month:)

Hi!!! :wave2: It feels so nice to be at a real keyboard for the first time in 8 days! ;) Typing these reports all week on my phone while flipping back and forth, back and forth, cutting and pasting photo links from a tiny phone app is pretty tedious. Plus I can never really tell if the photos are in focus , so hopefully most were. I've got the last 100 or so pics uploading to Photobucket now! :goodvibes Total photos taken on this trip: 896!!!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo: That might be a new record for me. I really love my new camera, I'm hoping the pics I took of Wishes last night came out nice. :) "LovintheLodge" the camera is a Nikon Coolpix S9500. I got it at Best Buy, they did price match Amazon's price for me plus they had a promotion for a free Shutterfly photo book. ::yes:: They also had it at Target but the price was a bit more. Previously I always had Canon Powershots, I love to take pictures but I know nothing about cameras or photography, so I go for whatever is the easiest and idiot proof. ;) I think the effects and different modes are way better on this Nikon than my old Canon. Especially for night shots. I played around with some of the color effects too. I will post those pics soon.

I have so many things I want to tell you guys just to summarize the whole week. The resort, the food, the parks, etc. I will continue updating this report the next couple of days, also feel free to ask questions. I've got a bunch of PMs from you guys too so I will go through all those as well and get them answered. :goodvibes

I don't know if anyone else is like us but on our last day we go completely park-commando :thumbsup2 We started at the Studios for rope drop. We didn't really accomplish a lot the previous weekend for the Star Wars stuff, so we wanted to get there early. Luckily it paid off because we saw way more characters! I already posted some pics from that morning I think, I have more to share once I download the photopass pictures. :)

After the Studios we took the boat to Epcot to try the new ice cream in France, I already showed you guys that. Then we went back to the YC and happened to run into the manager on the steps coming in! I gave her a big hug :hug: and we all thanked her so much for the insanely amazing night we had the day before :lovestruc:cloud9: I still can't get over it. Even tonight as I was unpacking everything I still couldn't believe it. :worship:

I was hoping to cover last night but the photos are still uploading so it will have to wait. I've got pics from our Crystal Palace dinner as well as Wishes. pixiedust:

Goodnight everyone :)

I just upgraded my Photobucket account so the pictures should all be back soon :) Support says anywhere from 10 minutes to one hour

I have to tell you that up until yesterday morning we were booked at BWV for our upcoming trip. We really wanted to stay at BC or YC but there was no availability. Yesterday morning YC became available and so with 14 days left until our trip we changed and are now staying YC CL! I am so excited and reading your TR has made it even more exciting!

When you did the Illuminations cruise, did you get out some into the lagoon or were you under the bridge? How many boats were there watching the fireworks? Plan on doing this cruise in Dec.

I have to tell you that up until yesterday morning we were booked at BWV for our upcoming trip. We really wanted to stay at BC or YC but there was no availability. Yesterday morning YC became available and so with 14 days left until our trip we changed and are now staying YC CL! I am so excited and reading your TR has made it even more exciting!

Woohooo!!!!!!!! :cool1: :thumbsup2 That is great!!! :) You will love it and have a fantastic time! :beach: Nothing against the Boardwalk but we love Stormalong Bay, Hurricane Hannahs, Beaches n Cream, etc, so much I think you will be glad you switched! :goodvibes I hope the next 14 days just fly by! :wave2:

When you did the Illuminations cruise, did you get out some into the lagoon or were you under the bridge? How many boats were there watching the fireworks? Plan on doing this cruise in Dec.

We were just past the bridge and all tied up together along the fence near the France side. I think there were about 5 boats. This was different from the cruise we took in 1998, that time we were directly under the bridge... I liked it much better this time because we had a clear view over our heads. :thumbsup2 I took some videos that I need to upload still to YouTube, that should help you see better. ;)

Ok, lets see, I think I left off in my report with our ice cream in France. ;) After a rest back at the resort we headed to MK. I took a TON of pics... if you want to see them all please check the album on Photobucket: http://s59.photobucket.com/user/ekmurphy12/library/Disney World May 2013

Dinner at CP was just as fun as always:

DSCN0893_zps73b95ab9.jpg

DSCN0896_zps95ea6fc7.jpg

DSCN0901_zps6ad74394.jpg

The whole Murphy clan:

DSCN0910_zpse061efa2.jpg

After dinner it was perfect timing to catch the Memories show and Wishes:

DSCN0917_zpsc16bbabf.jpg

Sorry these are a bit blurry

DSCN0920_zps2d2b0adb.jpg

DSCN0924_zps38f939f9.jpg

DSCN0926_zps1b04ef1b.jpg

DSCN0927_zpsd358fd4b.jpg

DSCN0928_zpsfd2bf35b.jpg

DSCN0930_zps0e0ca52f.jpg

DSCN0932_zps9e9d62c9.jpg

DSCN0933_zps045f77b6.jpg

...... Lots more on photobucket if you want to see :)

How do you afford so many trips to WDW?

LOL! :lmao: Good question! :thumbsup2 We have annual passes, so for the cost of about 2 week long park tickets we can go as many times during the year as we want. Also I don't buy our APs all at the same time, mine renews in December, the kids in the spring, my husband's in August, so I never have to renew them all at once. Those APs also gets us the Annual Passholder discount on the room, which is normally about 35-40% off the regular rate. I will make payments towards the hotel along the way so we never have to pay it all at once. I might call in and make a payment once a month or so. By the time we get to WDW we will only need to pay for our food.

This lifestyle definitely seems crazy to most people ;) heck I rarely even tell anyone when we go because I don't want to hear the lecture :lmao: but to me using our money to go to Disney is no different than other people who might choose to buy new cars, or put in a pool, or take up golfing, or eat out for dinner on weekends, or buy artwork, or expensive jewelry, etc, etc. Everyone has different interests and different priorities. This is just the thing that makes us happy. :grouphug:

I think many of us here can appreciate that! :thumbsup2

Yes we can. Now if I can only talk my husband into going more. He tolerates our trips for his 4 girls.

Erika, great pictures. The group photo with pooh is too cute.

Yes we can. Now if I can only talk my husband into going more. He tolerates our trips for his 4 girls.

Erika, great pictures. The group photo with pooh is too cute.

Tigger and Piglet were crazy that night!!!!! We joked that it must be the "after 9:00" type of character interaction LOL ;) We were laughing so hard I'm surprised we didn't get thrown out of the restaurant. :p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter