The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're in Nov 21-27 at WL :banana:. Cant wrap my head around ADR because of DS and what the best schedule would be for him. I gotta get goin' though :rolleyes:

Debating on TGM. Wondering if its worth the little extra or if I can find that info here. Not that I dont want something else to feed my planning addiction :laughing:, but that $ would come out of souvenir budget.

TGM is well worth the price....we use it every year...his best day advice is well worth the price....Some of the stuff you can find anywhere but he gives advice and ideas that you cant find anywhere else...if you use for best days then you will be happy with spending the money...

If you decide to purchase do it now...his site is hard to navigate for a 1st timer but there is a huge amount of info...also he has a great forum there too

Thanks dolphindan1. I will definately have to get it now if there is a learning curve. Especially when DH doesnt share my obsession with planning ;). As you can see from my avatars, my DH is the computer geek, but I have no patience making my way through this electronic minefield :lmao:.

I will probably renew my sub. since I used it in Dec...i do love his suggested park days...i mean, we spend several thousand on these trips...so why not spend another $20 to make it even smoother!! I was just curious due to the projected low crowds...but its worth it I think~ so I am off to TGM!! ha!!

glad you came over!! And I just gotta ask you...I wonder every time I see your posts...who is in your Avatar?!!!

LOL...Kellie Pickler....I put it up there cause I had some pics of her in my sig and the mods or someone on the AI thread didnt like them and I got in trouble...I need to change it

Thanks dolphindan1. I will definately have to get it now if there is a learning curve. Especially when DH doesnt share my obsession with planning ;). As you can see from my avatars, my DH is the computer geek, but I have no patience making my way through this electronic minefield :lmao:.

A bit of a learning curve trying to figure out how to navigate the site...but if you take the time to look around and read there is alot of info...dont bother with his touring plans as they are a bit dated...Do read his advice on each attraction on how and when to see an attraction....he gives detailed summaries of each...I really like his advice...

also on hios best day advice he breaks each park each day into morning and evening...with a detailed reason as to why or why not...he will alsways have more than 1 park as a fav but read carefully because he will prefer one best park over another best park...he just doesnt want you to feel obligated to one park....thats why I prefer it to TP

For the record...I really like ridemax but only if you are going during a bust time like thanksgiving...I tried it last trip and did not need it at all...I didnt even need all my FPs I collected, except TSM...the rest are still on my dresser...

I will probably renew my sub. since I used it in Dec...i do love his suggested park days...i mean, we spend several thousand on these trips...so why not spend another $20 to make it even smoother!! I was just curious due to the projected low crowds...but its worth it I think~ so I am off to TGM!! ha!!

Should be less go to his sight and get a renewel code...may take a couple of days but will save you a few bucks

I just went for my renewal code..it's pending their respone!!! Yay!! I would never have guessed that was Kelli Pickler..but now that you say it, I see it! Ha!!!! Yep...I like the way TGM breaks up his days...hope we dont need any advice this trip!!! Hee Hee...but I like to be prepared!!!

Just made our 11/7 - 11/10 reservation this morning for our first mother/daughter trip. This will be her Christmas gift and I had it all planned out....I MK view at BLT or at least a lake view :lmao: or BCV since we had not stayed at either location. I have always wanted to stay at CR since my first trip in 1981. Anywho, she has different ideas. OKW for my girl. Apparently she is a bit nostalgic herself. This is the resort that we stayed on our first vacation. How could I say no to that?

I LOVE mother/daughter trips.. I have some wonderful stories and memories from those road trips!

YES!!! It is!! This is always a busy month for me, so it usually is quicker! We have my dd's birthday, our anniversary, we are finishing our school year and this year my hubby and 14 yo son are headed to NYC!!!!!!! So.... I have tons to do!! Plus now I have to have my trip sketched out (even if it's just in my head) so when that ADR day rolls around I know exactly what I want!! I have been excited alllll day since I put up a new ticker!!

I have always wanted to go to NYC.. That was my other choice but going to WDW instead! Might be going to London for school so I can see musicals while I'm there..

Ok boys and girls...any of you do TGM? I did it last year and compared it to Touring Plans....they only had a few variances.....any of you gonna use it for this Nov or are you just gonna make plans according to shows/fireworks and hope for the best crowd wise.....which we allllll hope is nil!!!

What is TGM?

ha!! It's Tour Guide Mike...he has a website you pay a fee to join, then he tells you what parks to do each day based on crowd predictions...and how to tour each park .....what to wait for, when you should or shouldn't do FP...which shows to skip and when to go back... Some very neat info...lots of it so if you do it, you should give yourself time to read thru it all....I like his reasoning! Some people never plan and have great trips...others like me plan a lot...so we are always looking at planning sites!! LOL ....I don't plan to need it for Nov, but with F&W I wondered how he would navigate the parks on the weekends.....

we will be there the full week before thanksgiving....:thumbsup2

We will be heading to "Mickey Mouse House" as my three year says Nov. 5-12! Hooray! It is me, my DH, DS (12), DS (9), DD (9), and DD (3). We keep telling her that we cant go to see Micky until she is 4, which is Sep 28. We'll have to have a big countdown poster or something to occupy her time between then and Nov 5! We are trying something new this time and staying at Windsor Hills. I know...I know...it's like I'm cheating on Disney! :laughing:
We are planning to do several restaurants that we have never tried. 1900 Park Fare Bfast, HDDR, Princess Norway Bfast or Lunch and possibly Liberty Tree!

We've changed our dates (and hotel). Now it's 10/28-11/8 POFQ.

Just made our 11/7 - 11/10 reservation this morning for our first mother/daughter trip. This will be her Christmas gift and I had it all planned out....I MK view at BLT or at least a lake view :lmao: or BCV since we had not stayed at either location. I have always wanted to stay at CR since my first trip in 1981. Anywho, she has different ideas. OKW for my girl. Apparently she is a bit nostalgic herself. This is the resort that we stayed on our first vacation. How could I say no to that?

:welcome: to all the new November travelers!! :goodvibes I will get everyone added to the list! :cool1:

Is it jjust me or is April going fast so far!

Yep, it's going pretty fast for me. I think it's because there has been lots going on. Easter, my DS's birthday was yesterday, my other DS's spring soccer season started last night, we are doing our state standardized testing at school this week (where I work PT), etc. It's been crazy!! But it sure is helping the time pass quickly! :yay:

Ok boys and girls...any of you do TGM? I did it last year and compared it to Touring Plans....they only had a few variances.....any of you gonna use it for this Nov or are you just gonna make plans according to shows/fireworks and hope for the best crowd wise.....which we allllll hope is nil!!!

I haven't ever used any of those tour guide/planning sites. . . I do have a method to my madness though! I go by what I have learned from experience. I know what days are best to go to each park and which are not so good. I also like to avoid EMH. I am a huge planner, but I don't ever have a set/definite plan of attack once we get inside the park. Well, except for maybe right at RD, I do know which attractions we want to hit first! :goodvibes

Shelly, do you remember how many nights F! was showing when you went last year? I always do HS on a Monday...I don't know why, we just do! And they are always good crowd wise...if we did the show I would like to do it on a Monday if possible and then just hit HS later for repeats (RnR!!!) if we want!I know we did TSMM with a FP (in early Dec) and then I took one kid and we went back through it just stand-by...wait said 50 min...but we were on in 30...so hopefully it'll be less in Nov...I am still sooooo excited to have made the decision!

ha!! It's Tour Guide Mike...he has a website you pay a fee to join, then he tells you what parks to do each day based on crowd predictions...and how to tour each park .....what to wait for, when you should or shouldn't do FP...which shows to skip and when to go back... Some very neat info...lots of it so if you do it, you should give yourself time to read thru it all....I like his reasoning! Some people never plan and have great trips...others like me plan a lot...so we are always looking at planning sites!! LOL ....I don't plan to need it for Nov, but with F&W I wondered how he would navigate the parks on the weekends.....

Thanks for letting me know

Shelly, do you remember how many nights F! was showing when you went last year? I always do HS on a Monday...I don't know why, we just do! And they are always good crowd wise...if we did the show I would like to do it on a Monday if possible and then just hit HS later for repeats (RnR!!!) if we want!I know we did TSMM with a FP (in early Dec) and then I took one kid and we went back through it just stand-by...wait said 50 min...but we were on in 30...so hopefully it'll be less in Nov...I am still sooooo excited to have made the decision!

Fantasmic started out showing 4 nights the week we were going (when the hours/schedule originally came out), but then they added a second showing to 3 of those nights (about a month before we left), making 7 showings total for the week, on 4 nights. We were actually there on a F! night, but didn't go to it. It didn't seem to make the park anymore crowded. (on a Tuesday)

Well...I just noticed the new deal out for May/June....it is kids stay & play for free....ages 3-9.....I told Mike and he ain't budging!!! ha!! It would only benefit us for dd anyway..the other two are too old. But...if they are still offereing discounts for May this close to time....... I think Nov should see some great promos!!! he did say"I am so ready to go!! I can't wait!!!' Hee Hee!!! Now I just have to wait for Nov!!!!! I wonder if he wants to go the tail end of April? Kinda curb his longing for a disney fix!!!!!

We will be there in November. :cool1: We leave in 223 days but who's counting? :rotfl:

We will be at ASSports from November 20-29. We discovered Thanksgiving in the parks in 2002 and have been going that time of year ever since. I just love everything about it, the weather is perfect and the castle lights made it even better!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter