The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are our dining plans. I didn't add all my 2nds or 3rds choices. Just for the really hard to get ADRs.

Narcoossee - Arrival Day, No Park

Ohana Breakfast
CRT Dinner or California Grill

Tusker House Breakfast
Yacthmans Steakhouse

H&V Breakfast
50s Prime Time Cafe

Chef Mickeys Breakfast
1900 Park Fare Dinner or Whispering Canyon (This is Thanksgiving Day, dinner subject to change. We are leaning towards casual, but now DH is saying maybe a Signature or something at AK Lodge... We are leaning towards AK for our park on Tday)

Akershus Breakfast
Le Cellier Dinner or Coral Reef or Flying Fish (don't really want to leave the park!)

Kona Breakfast
Crystal Palace Dinner

1900 Park Fare Breakfast -- Gotta have our Madd Hatter Fix before we go!

Of coarse, we don't know which days yet, just by park. Can't wait for the hours to come out! We are trying not park hop. We have never tried before. We are still paying for the hopper due to Thanksgiving and the fact we can never do more then a half day at AK. We like early breakfast, the very first of the day if possible. And late dinners (after 8) except on our first MK night cause we have to see Spectro and Wishes. Then we will hit a CS during the middle of the day.

Our first trip at Tgiving was in the early 90's. Crowds were minimal and you never had to worry about reservations. I think we are in for a surprise in terms of crowds. One year we had Thanksgiving dinner at the Yacht Club. We stayed off-site that year. It was great. I remember we had to book a certain hour and you moved through it pretty fast...buffet style. That is our tentative plan for this year as well.
I keep reading reviews on all of our tentative restaurants and telling my dd we might need to change this one or that one. Good thing we still have about 7 weeks to make final decisions!

I just got home from the Disney store and got 8 Tshirts for our trip! Nothing like shopping 7 months early! :) The kids sale T's were 4.99 and adults were 5.99 plus I got my 10% off by using my Disney Visa! Now, I have to try and keep them put away until November, LOL!

Awesome deals!! :thumbsup2

WELCOME EVERYONE!!

Since May if our 6 month window Does anyone know where they are wishing to dine at?

Well, I am working at it! :rotfl: We've been to so many WDW restaurants and character meals and buffets! The kids are to the age now where they don't really care about the character meals anymore. :sad2: So we are trying to pick a few of our favorite TS places and then add a few new ones. . . But we aren't doing the DDP this time, so we are trying to not go overboard on the ADR's. We are wanting to try some new CS places as well.

TS:
T-Rex
Kona Cafe breakfast
Big River Grille
San Angel Inn
Sci-Fi Dine In
maybe Cape May dinner. . .

CS:
Columbia Harbour House
Casey's Corner
BW Bakery
BW Kiosks
somewhere in Epcot. . . (maybe the new pizzeria if it is open by then)
somewhere in DHS. . . (not Toy Story or ABC Com.)
somewhere in DTD. . .
maybe Flame Tree in AK. . .

And I can't wait to have a Dole Whip Float!! :cloud9:

Hi all! Hoping I can join everyone on your November countdown. My husband, two sons ages 4 and 9, and I will be staying at CBR Nov 7-11 for our first Disney trip. We are actually arriving in Florida on the 4th and staying at the beach for 3 nights before heading to Disney. I ended up on these boards when searching for a specific question and have been hooked ever since! I am so excited to have someone to plan with, my husband thinks I'm silly because it is so far out and the boys are excited but to them 7 months is years away. I am so excited because this trip will have lots of "firsts" for the boys - first airplane ride, first time seeing the ocean, first trip to Florida and, best of all, first time at Disney. I look forward to chatting with everyone as we count down!

Randi

Hi everyone, not sure if i intro'd myself yet or not... but, we are going to WDW for our 8th consecutive Thanksgiving trip. We will be there Nov. 20-28 and staying at the Dolphin for the first time. We have the executive suite booked, since there are 8 of us, and we are all staying together! (which we have also never done!) We got a good military rate (Father in Law is a vet. ) So, the price was right! We have never stayed in a "non-disney" resort before -- so this will take some getting use to!

As for meals - haven't thought too much about it, we just came back from WDW last month (did the princess 1/2 marathon, and then my sis got married at the GF) -

My dh will come down for part of the time, but will leave on weds. before TG..

He does however request to eat at one buffet each time - this time he wants Cape May Cafe. So, we will do that one for sure..
My dd is requesting we go back to Sci-Fi dine in.. so i guess we can do that one too. :) Haven't given much thought to too much else..

Hi all! Hoping I can join everyone on your November countdown. My husband, two sons ages 4 and 9, and I will be staying at CBR Nov 7-11 for our first Disney trip. We are actually arriving in Florida on the 4th and staying at the beach for 3 nights before heading to Disney. I ended up on these boards when searching for a specific question and have been hooked ever since! I am so excited to have someone to plan with, my husband thinks I'm silly because it is so far out and the boys are excited but to them 7 months is years away. I am so excited because this trip will have lots of "firsts" for the boys - first airplane ride, first time seeing the ocean, first trip to Florida and, best of all, first time at Disney. I look forward to chatting with everyone as we count down!

Randi

:welcome: to the DIS and to the November countdown!! :cool1: We are so happy you decided to post. We will have tons of fun chatting and planning for the next 7 months!

How exciting for your boys first time at flying and going to WDW!! :yay::yay: We stayed at CBR on our first trip and my boys (as well as DH & I) just love it!! :goodvibes You are going to have a great trip! Have you thought about where you will want to dine?

Hi everyone, not sure if i intro'd myself yet or not... but, we are going to WDW for our 8th consecutive Thanksgiving trip. We will be there Nov. 20-28 and staying at the Dolphin for the first time. We have the executive suite booked, since there are 8 of us, and we are all staying together! (which we have also never done!) We got a good military rate (Father in Law is a vet. ) So, the price was right! We have never stayed in a "non-disney" resort before -- so this will take some getting use to!

As for meals - haven't thought too much about it, we just came back from WDW last month (did the princess 1/2 marathon, and then my sis got married at the GF) -

My dh will come down for part of the time, but will leave on weds. before TG..

He does however request to eat at one buffet each time - this time he wants Cape May Cafe. So, we will do that one for sure..
My dd is requesting we go back to Sci-Fi dine in.. so i guess we can do that one too. :) Haven't given much thought to too much else..

WELCOME! :goodvibes I just checked, I had you on the list but had your resort listed wrong.

We are thinking about trying the Swan or Dolphin in 2011. We can get a good rate since I am substituting at my kids school now. I plan to check them out when we are at the BWI this time!

Sounds like you will have a blast with 8 of you!!

Will you go to Cape May for breakfast or dinner? We have been there for breakfast and are considering it for dinner this time. . .

Get the steak salad at Sc-Fi, it's the best! Oh, and a milkshake! :thumbsup2

Thanks! Actually, we switched resorts - we were originally booked for 3 rooms at CBR. But, MIL found out about this military rate and switched us to save a bit..

We will do CMC for dinner - DH is not a "big" breakfast person.. he likes a dinner buffet.
We have eaten there lots of times - it's very good!

I don't know that i will book much more in the way of ADR's -- b/c with the military rate we also get 50% off the "lower" end rest. at the dolphin/swan! That's a great deal! Basically, it includes any of the CS and the cheaper sit down.

We're in, too. WL from November 9-17. I've never been there this time of year - been in the winter, spring and summer, but never the fall.

We're in a Grand Gathering with my family, my brother's family, and my parents, though we haven't talked about any of the special GG activities. My wife was very happy to see that F&W is going until 11/14, as I thought it was going to stop on the 7th (I think it went through the 8th last year).

Our ADR date is May 13 - I don't think we're having all of our meals together, but you can be that we'll be 10 at Le Cellier!

Thanks! Actually, we switched resorts - we were originally booked for 3 rooms at CBR. But, MIL found out about this military rate and switched us to save a bit..

We will do CMC for dinner - DH is not a "big" breakfast person.. he likes a dinner buffet.
We have eaten there lots of times - it's very good!

I don't know that i will book much more in the way of ADR's -- b/c with the military rate we also get 50% off the "lower" end rest. at the dolphin/swan! That's a great deal! Basically, it includes any of the CS and the cheaper sit down.

That's great that you get a discount at some of the Swan/Dolphin restaurants!! :goodvibes

Glad to hear that you like CMC so much!

We're in, too. WL from Novvember 9-17. I've never been there this time of year - been in the winter, spring and summer, but never the fall.

We're in a Grand Gathering with my family, my brother's family, and my parents, though we haven't talked about any of the special GG activities. My wife was very happy to see that F&W is going until 11/14, as I thought it was going to stop on the 7th (I think it went through the 8th last year).

Our ADR date is May 13 - I don't think we're having all of our meals together, but you can be that we'll be 10 at Le Cellier!

:welcome: You will love November, it's a great time to go!!

I was surprised to see that the F&W festival is going so late this year too. I think you are right and it ended on the 8th last year.

Count me in for November! I am surprising my daughter with a trip to Disney World for her 6th birthday. We will be there from 11/3-8 and staying with a friend in her Bonnet Creek condo. I am beyond excited and cannot believe I have to keep this secret until my daughter's birthday in October.

Count me in for November! I am surprising my daughter with a trip to Disney World for her 6th birthday. We will be there from 11/3-8 and staying with a friend in her Bonnet Creek condo. I am beyond excited and cannot believe I have to keep this secret until my daughter's birthday in October.

WELCOME!! :cool1:

Surprise trips are so fun. It will be super hard to keep the secret that long, but just think about the look on her face when you finally get to tell her! princess:

Hello everyone!!! Hi Shelly! I have been off for a few days....internet connection trouble!!!! I think we are all fixed up now...I was getting nervous...I have lots of research to do!!!!

OK So I have been working on my dinning.. Here is what I have so far..

Friday:
Dinner: Earl of Sandwich

Saturday:
Breakfast: Princesses in Norway
Lunch: Teppan Edo
Dunner: Garden Grill

Sunday:
Breakfast: Crystal Palace ( or CRT if I can get a reservation a little later)
lunch: I'm thinking about Grand Flordian Cafe or The Plaza
Dinner: Liberty Tree

Monday:
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: Don't know yet
Dinner: Kona Cafe

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Whispering Canyon
Lunch: I'm not sure yet
Dinner: Artist Point

Wednsday:
Breakfast: Kona Cafe
Lunch: Big River Creill and Berwing Works
Dinner: Le Cellier

Thursday:
Breakfast: Tusker house
Lunch: Flame Tree
Dinner: California Grill

Friday:
Breakfast: Boma
lunch: 50's Prime Time
Dinner: Hollywood and Vine

Saturday: Breakfast: Ohana

I just wonder - for those that eat 2+ sit down meals a day... how the heck do you do it?? I usally eat a smaller breakfast and then snack thru the day, and then one good sit down early dinner - and i am stuffed.. i can't imagine eating 3 sit down meals a day!! LOL And i am assuming if you do it, you have the DDP, otherwise it must cost a ton also!! LOL

I just wonder - for those that eat 2+ sit down meals a day... how the heck do you do it?? I usally eat a smaller breakfast and then snack thru the day, and then one good sit down early dinner - and i am stuffed.. i can't imagine eating 3 sit down meals a day!! LOL And i am assuming if you do it, you have the DDP, otherwise it must cost a ton also!! LOL

We usually go in the heat of the summer and we eat breakfast early in the morning and dinner late at night. Then we usually drink water and eat ice cream and popcorn through out the day. We can't eat alot in the heat. This year we are doing the DxDP. I am not certain we will be able to eat all the food. But, we are only planning 2 TS a day and eat a CS during the day. We are going with the same plan as usual, early breakfast (1st of the day if possible) and late dinner (after 8). Midday (around 1) lunch. We just wanted to give it a try and see how it works out. My DH is like a human garbage disposal so he is really looking forward to all the food! lol

Forgot to mention, last year was the first time we ever used to the DDP. Before we paid out of pocket. We have always had atleast 1 TS. And most were breakfast because my kids used to be more breakfast eaters. We never really paid attention to the price. We always averaged $250 a day for food, drinks and snacks and we always had plenty left over.

I have found it is hard trying to schedule ADR's other than breakfast, since no one ever seems to get hungry at the same time. I know we usually do Breakfast and Dinner having a snack during the day, or we do something light in the morning before leaving the resort, an Early Lunch and then Dinner. I can't imagine scheduleing 3 TS meals a day, but then we have never used the DP instead paying OOP for all our meals. Renting a villa this year and may do a couple of meals in the room, my DS and Ddil have both said they will cook :rotfl::rotfl:...more power to them since I am on vacation :rotfl2:

Hello everyone!!! Hi Shelly! I have been off for a few days....internet connection trouble!!!! I think we are all fixed up now...I was getting nervous...I have lots of research to do!!!!

:eek: Oh no!! I hate when I have internet trouble. I always feel like I am going to miss something. :laughing:

How did we ever live without the internet back in the old days??? :rotfl:

OK So I have been working on my dinning.. Here is what I have so far..

Friday:
Dinner: Earl of Sandwich

Saturday:
Breakfast: Princesses in Norway
Lunch: Teppan Edo
Dunner: Garden Grill

Sunday:
Breakfast: Crystal Palace ( or CRT if I can get a reservation a little later)
lunch: I'm thinking about Grand Flordian Cafe or The Plaza
Dinner: Liberty Tree

Monday:
Breakfast: 1900 Park Fare
Lunch: Don't know yet
Dinner: Kona Cafe

Tuesday:
Breakfast: Whispering Canyon
Lunch: I'm not sure yet
Dinner: Artist Point

Wednsday:
Breakfast: Kona Cafe
Lunch: Big River Creill and Berwing Works
Dinner: Le Cellier

Thursday:
Breakfast: Tusker house
Lunch: Flame Tree
Dinner: California Grill

Friday:
Breakfast: Boma
lunch: 50's Prime Time
Dinner: Hollywood and Vine

Saturday: Breakfast: Ohana

Wow that's quite an impressive list!! Lots of yummy places! :thumbsup2

Hit the 7 month mark today! :)

Woooohoooo only 7 months until Disney. :goodvibes :cheer2::dance3:

Happy 7 months to both of you!! :goodvibes

party:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter