The NEW Official November 2010 Countdown & Planning Thread ~ Come join us! (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We will be there in November. :cool1: We leave in 223 days but who's counting? :rotfl:

We will be at ASSports from November 20-29. We discovered Thanksgiving in the parks in 2002 and have been going that time of year ever since. I just love everything about it, the weather is perfect and the castle lights made it even better!!!

NO! Of course it's not too late!! We are glad to have you!! :welcome: Shelly will add you to our list..but I wanted to say hi too! I have to agree that I loved going in November also...we have tried other months just because that's when it worked out or whatever..but I really think this year is going to be fabulous! Since you have been there on Tday...are the crowds really nuts? I ask because checking the Crowd calendar..they have the weekend before (Sat the 20th and Sun the 21st) rated as a 10 :scared1: I was planning on doing the parks at least on Sat and maybe hit MK one more time before our flight out on Sun.But...if it's gonna be packed I will skip it.....give us REAL info!!! LOL

Well I will say that when we first started going for Thanksgiving in 2002 it was pretty empty. Every year seems to get a little busier but I am surprised to hear it is rated a 10 BEFORE Thanksgiving. We check in the Saturday before Thanksgiving and never found it to be too bad till the weekend after Thanksgiving. We don't do the parks on Thanksgiving day so I can't speak for that day, but the day after it is noticibly more busy then early in the week, but not so much so that we don't totally enjoy ourselves!

Hey...I just realized our dates/ages are almost the same! Dh...43 me....35....oldest son is 14, next son is 10..almost 11, and dd just turned 7 last Sunday. Friday we will be married 16 years and I too am a SAHM!! How funny!!
Well...I was shocked that the weekend of the 20th was that busy....I haven't heard from anybody on these boards that the weekend before Thanksgiving was THAT crazy!! But, it is just a prediction...so we will just deal with it! I think that might be a DTD day and then go to MK for Spectro, or Epcot for Illuminations...And I am assuming ya'll usually wear hot weather clothes!!!! I HATE packing for bother extremes!!!! It just takes up waaay to much room draggin all those clothes...I am hoping we can do shorts and a sweat shirt at night...what do ya'll typically bring?

Too late to join???

We will be there in November. :cool1: We leave in 223 days but who's counting? :rotfl:

We will be at ASSports from November 20-29. We discovered Thanksgiving in the parks in 2002 and have been going that time of year ever since. I just love everything about it, the weather is perfect and the castle lights made it even better!!!

Of course not! :goodvibes WELCOME!

...And I am assuming ya'll usually wear hot weather clothes!!!! I HATE packing for bother extremes!!!! It just takes up waaay to much room draggin all those clothes...I am hoping we can do shorts and a sweat shirt at night...what do ya'll typically bring?

We wore shorts all week except for one day! All days were between 74-82, except for that one day that I think was maybe 65.

Hey...I just realized our dates/ages are almost the same! Dh...43 me....35....oldest son is 14, next son is 10..almost 11, and dd just turned 7 last Sunday. Friday we will be married 16 years and I too am a SAHM!! How funny!!
Well...I was shocked that the weekend of the 20th was that busy....I haven't heard from anybody on these boards that the weekend before Thanksgiving was THAT crazy!! But, it is just a prediction...so we will just deal with it! I think that might be a DTD day and then go to MK for Spectro, or Epcot for Illuminations...And I am assuming ya'll usually wear hot weather clothes!!!! I HATE packing for bother extremes!!!! It just takes up waaay to much room draggin all those clothes...I am hoping we can do shorts and a sweat shirt at night...what do ya'll typically bring?

Lots of likeness. I like! ;)

Yeah, that prediction seems odd to me. After Thanksgiving maybe, but not before. We usually pack a pair of thin leggings for each of us girls (DH is hot blooded!) And a sweatshirt. We wear them in the mornings sometimes, (we go early) and then again in the evenings. All thin though, not anything too thick. Days are nice and warm and we wear shorts everyday, but the evenings can get cool. We like to fill our mugs with hot chocolate for our walk back to our rooms. We drive from NY so we of course have the winter coats and everything, but we leave all that in the car along with extra sweatshirts just in case we get a cool week whenre we need more of them. So far that has not happened. It has always been so nice. Mayve we will see you at DTD on that Saturday.

Well...I just noticed the new deal out for May/June....it is kids stay & play for free....ages 3-9.....I told Mike and he ain't budging!!! ha!! It would only benefit us for dd anyway..the other two are too old. But...if they are still offereing discounts for May this close to time....... I think Nov should see some great promos!!! he did say"I am so ready to go!! I can't wait!!!' Hee Hee!!! Now I just have to wait for Nov!!!!! I wonder if he wants to go the tail end of April? Kinda curb his longing for a disney fix!!!!!

I cannot read your purple lettering or wahtever it is on the blue background

Hi Shelly,

Please count me in. DH and I are treating our DD,DSIL, DDGS ages 5&6, and DD. We will be there 11/21-27. This is our 4th Thanksgiving trip. We think the little boys will be such fun at this age!

I have been going crazy checking prices, resorts, etc, etc. Plan is for the DD's and family to stay at THV and DH and I will be at Beach or Yacht Club. Have stayed at Beach Club before but now I'm leaning towards Yacht Club. Reservations are made. Would love a pin that applies to the time we are there. The ones I've received have been for spring/summer. Regardless, we are all set and ready to go!

DD has a spread sheet with ADR's to make according to parks for the day. I think she might be a little excited too. The boys won't know until they arrive.

Thank you to everyone for all of their information on this board. It has been so helpful!

Liz

May I come play?!? :) We'll be at WDW from November 28 to December 3rd, though we'll actually arrive a day earlier so we can hit the ground running on the 28th.

I'm Kimberly (43), DH (51) and Mia will turn 8 a few days before we arrive. This is our first time to arrive before Christmas and though our January trips are usually early enough that we get to see some decorations still up, it's not the same. We're extra excited because my best friend and her family (husband and 4 kids) are meeting us there and it's their first time ever!

Not sure which resort we'll end up in since DH is a travel agent that specializes in Disney and he keeps switching us around. The man can nail a perfect trip for a client like nobody's business but for us... whew! Right now we're booked for AKL but we added a last-minute trip this month (2 weeks from today!) and we're using our DVC at AKL, plus two days at WL club level, so he'll most likely want to switch our November resort.

My favorite part of planning this trip is Pink Princess Day - the guys all do their own thing and my best friend and her daughter (a year younger than Mia and also adopted from China) and Mia and I are totally girlie-ing out! Breakfast at Akershus with the princesses, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, dinner at CRT with the princesses and so on. Angela at Ollie Girl! is creating Mia's customs and I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

Hope to see some of you at the World! :)

Sounds like a fantastic trip! :goodvibes

Have you stayed at the BWV before? This will be our first time at BWI and we are very excited!! :cool1: And yes, we will definitely see you at the pool! :thumbsup2 My boys can hardly wait to go down that slide!

We purchased DVC at the BWV when I was pregnant with my son, just over 10 years ago, and with the exception of one trip to WLV back in 2001, it is our "go to" resort! Our kids are very happy with it, and every time I suggest we stay somewhere else, I get voted down :laughing: but I'm fine with that. We are so glad we joined DVC and are thinking of purchasing more points so we can stay a little longer each year or possibly add on a long weekend for me & DH every so often.

I didn't get a chance to log on much this week and I'm excited to see so many new November planners! And we're up to 5 pages on the new thread!

Oh, and I just told my DH that his birthday, 5/11, is the day we need to make ADRs (of course I had to say "dinner reservations for our Disney trip" because he's not hip to the DIS lingo!) :rotfl:

WOO HOO!! Glad that you are able to go back but I bet the magic was ALOT of fun. I went on the Wonder in 2008 and want to go back!!

YES, the Magic was wonderful! It was a year ago that we went and hopefully we'll go on another DCL vacation again soon, but that will require a LOT of saving (or hitting the lottery). I was told about the DISboards when I told a friend we were going on the cruise and I swear I spent every night for two months on the boards! But I made great t-shirts for all of us and door magnets from all the graphics created by the wonderful DISigners. And I got to know lots of folks before the cruise via the boards, so that made the trip fun, too!

Looking forward to more planning!:banana:

YAY more November travelers! :cool1:

Hi Shelly,

Please count me in. DH and I are treating our DD,DSIL, DDGS ages 5&6, and DD. We will be there 11/21-27. This is our 4th Thanksgiving trip. We think the little boys will be such fun at this age!

I have been going crazy checking prices, resorts, etc, etc. Plan is for the DD's and family to stay at THV and DH and I will be at Beach or Yacht Club. Have stayed at Beach Club before but now I'm leaning towards Yacht Club. Reservations are made. Would love a pin that applies to the time we are there. The ones I've received have been for spring/summer. Regardless, we are all set and ready to go!

DD has a spread sheet with ADR's to make according to parks for the day. I think she might be a little excited too. The boys won't know until they arrive.

Thank you to everyone for all of their information on this board. It has been so helpful!

Liz

:welcome: to the DIS and to the November thread!! :goodvibes

Sounds like a great trip you have planned. How nice of you to treat the whole family! You are going to have so much fun!!

May I come play?!? :) We'll be at WDW from November 28 to December 3rd, though we'll actually arrive a day earlier so we can hit the ground running on the 28th.

I'm Kimberly (43), DH (51) and Mia will turn 8 a few days before we arrive. This is our first time to arrive before Christmas and though our January trips are usually early enough that we get to see some decorations still up, it's not the same. We're extra excited because my best friend and her family (husband and 4 kids) are meeting us there and it's their first time ever!

Not sure which resort we'll end up in since DH is a travel agent that specializes in Disney and he keeps switching us around. The man can nail a perfect trip for a client like nobody's business but for us... whew! Right now we're booked for AKL but we added a last-minute trip this month (2 weeks from today!) and we're using our DVC at AKL, plus two days at WL club level, so he'll most likely want to switch our November resort.

My favorite part of planning this trip is Pink Princess Day - the guys all do their own thing and my best friend and her daughter (a year younger than Mia and also adopted from China) and Mia and I are totally girlie-ing out! Breakfast at Akershus with the princesses, Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique, dinner at CRT with the princesses and so on. Angela at Ollie Girl! is creating Mia's customs and I can't wait to see what she comes up with!

Hope to see some of you at the World! :)

Of course you can come play! :goodvibes The more the merrier!! :grouphug:

How fun to be meeting up with friends at WDW! And how great is it to have a DH who is a travel agent specializing in WDW?!! :yay:

We purchased DVC at the BWV when I was pregnant with my son, just over 10 years ago, and with the exception of one trip to WLV back in 2001, it is our "go to" resort! Our kids are very happy with it, and every time I suggest we stay somewhere else, I get voted down :laughing: but I'm fine with that. We are so glad we joined DVC and are thinking of purchasing more points so we can stay a little longer each year or possibly add on a long weekend for me & DH every so often.

I didn't get a chance to log on much this week and I'm excited to see so many new November planners! And we're up to 5 pages on the new thread!

Glad to hear you like the BW so much that your family chooses it every time! I am SO excited to get there!!! :goodvibes

Oh, and I just told my DH that his birthday, 5/11, is the day we need to make ADRs (of course I had to say "dinner reservations for our Disney trip" because he's not hip to the DIS lingo!) :rotfl:

:laughing: I know what you mean. . . I always accidentally say to DH -- I need to make our ADR's on XX date. And he is always like -- you need to make our what??? :sad2: And I have to say -- Our dining reservations DUH!!:rolleyes: :rotfl2:

Hi

I'll be at WDW from Nov 9 til Nov 17 and would love to meet up with any one who mite be there. I go alone so can always use some company. It's still to soon to make any ADRs but am planing to make only one - I'd like to see the Hoop-de-doo dinner show. Since I'll probably be getting the counter service dining plan, I won't make any other fancy ADRs.

Any comments? Oh yeah, I'll be staying at the BLT - my home resort
http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/banana.gif
:cutie:
(trying to add in dancing banana)

Hello everyone,
Saw this thread and wanted to add our surprise trip dates.
we will be going 10/30-11/5 staying at Pop.:thumbsup2

We are surprising our DDs ages 7 and 6 at the time of the trip. Can't wait to see their faces. :goodvibes

Hi

I'll be at WDW from Nov 9 til Nov 17 and would love to meet up with any one who mite be there. I go alone so can always use some company. It's still to soon to make any ADRs but am planing to make only one - I'd like to see the Hoop-de-doo dinner show. Since I'll probably be getting the counter service dining plan, I won't make any other fancy ADRs.

Any comments? Oh yeah, I'll be staying at the BLT - my home resort
http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/banana.gif
:cutie:
(trying to add in dancing banana)

Hello everyone,
Saw this thread and wanted to add our surprise trip dates.
we will be going 10/30-11/5 staying at Pop.:thumbsup2

We are surprising our DDs ages 7 and 6 at the time of the trip. Can't wait to see their faces. :goodvibes

:welcome: to the DIS and to the November thread both of you!! :cool1:

A surprise trip is fun!! We did that once. It was hard to keep the secret, but fun to see the kids reactions when they found out! :yay:

I could have swore that I already responded to this thread, but I guess I didn't.

We are going for our first ever Thanksgiving trip, Nov 19-26th and staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time also! We have been on pretty much every other holiday, so we figured we needed to get a Thanksgiving in. Actually, DH got a new job and his vacations are set to the week of July 4th and Thanksgiving. I figured its either hot and crowded or mild and crowded. So we went with mild and crowded!

I already have my ADRs planned out, with 2 backups to each one. We are doing deluxe dining, so we are planning to pig out for the week. Just like we would do at home! Even planning our Thanksgiving dinner at 1900 so we can still get some of that family disfunction with the Stepmother and sisters!

This will be our first trip since 2004 that we have went as just a family of 4 and could really relax and do what we want to do, without showing everyone around. We are really looking forward to it!

I could have swore that I already responded to this thread, but I guess I didn't.

We are going for our first ever Thanksgiving trip, Nov 19-26th and staying at the Grand Floridian for the first time also! We have been on pretty much every other holiday, so we figured we needed to get a Thanksgiving in. Actually, DH got a new job and his vacations are set to the week of July 4th and Thanksgiving. I figured its either hot and crowded or mild and crowded. So we went with mild and crowded!

I already have my ADRs planned out, with 2 backups to each one. We are doing deluxe dining, so we are planning to pig out for the week. Just like we would do at home! Even planning our Thanksgiving dinner at 1900 so we can still get some of that family disfunction with the Stepmother and sisters!

This will be our first trip since 2004 that we have went as just a family of 4 and could really relax and do what we want to do, without showing everyone around. We are really looking forward to it!

WELCOME!! :goodvibes

I would pick Thanksgiving over the 4th of July too!

We had dinner at 1900 PF once and had a blast. Those step-sisters are hilarious! :rotfl:

I just got home from the Disney store and got 8 Tshirts for our trip! Nothing like shopping 7 months early! :) The kids sale T's were 4.99 and adults were 5.99 plus I got my 10% off by using my Disney Visa! Now, I have to try and keep them put away until November, LOL!

WELCOME EVERYONE!!

Since May if our 6 month window Does anyone know where they are wishing to dine at?

I have a few tentative places just waiting on the park hours and to see if MVMCP will happen during our stay.
Boma's,Biergarten, Fultons, Via Napoli, Crystal Palace

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter