• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

So I got that dreaded Fastpass+ notification saying it would cancel a day of my FP if I don't do it myself :(

I have a 10 day ticket plus 2 Halloween parties so 12 days of FP+ but they don't seem to be acknowledging one of the parties.

So I got that dreaded Fastpass+ notification saying it would cancel a day of my FP if I don't do it myself :(

I have a 10 day ticket plus 2 Halloween parties so 12 days of FP+ but they don't seem to be acknowledging one of the parties.
So what are you going to do?
I wonder if you’ll get another notification in a few days about the second party.

Just a heads up, I just went through MDE double checking some details and noticed that the MagicBands that I had selected months ago for the first part of our upcoming split stay had been reset or switched to "declined." The second set of MBs were still showing correctly, but the first set which have a "Customize by" date in just a couple of days were all showing declined. Not a huge deal since we would have received the second set, but if you only have one set coming and set it a while ago maybe pop over and make sure it's correct.

I check daily, several times a day, to see if any SDD FPs open up in the AM hours of 8/28 for my party of 9 but I had a question about another thing. I noticed in the FPs that the Beauty and the Beast stage show only has two times listed (10:30 and 1:30). Does that mean there are only two performances that day? We're not wasting a FP on that (we have TSM, ST and ToT) but we'd be disappointed if those are the only times the show will go on because it's something we're all interested in seeing and doesn't work into our plans.

I check daily, several times a day, to see if any SDD FPs open up in the AM hours of 8/28 for my party of 9 but I had a question about another thing. I noticed in the FPs that the Beauty and the Beast stage show only has two times listed (10:30 and 1:30). Does that mean there are only two performances that day? We're not wasting a FP on that (we have TSM, ST and ToT) but we'd be disappointed if those are the only times the show will go on because it's something we're all interested in seeing and doesn't work into our plans.
be checking later this week and during the weekend as DHS hours for August may get extended soon. I know the 28th has a 9am opening but maybe it gets an 8am possibly

So what are you going to do?
I wonder if you’ll get another notification in a few days about the second party.

***UPDATE***

called the regular phone line and the CM was one of the ones that you KNOW right away won't be able to help much. She told me that Halloween parties aren't guaranteed to have FP and she advised I cancel them so my others don't get cancelled :(

was NOT HAPPY with that CM so I called the Internet help line (phone # at the bottom of the FP notification) and got a VERY helpful CM. She basically took 2 of my FP days and made them herself so they wouldn't count against me THEN my other 10 would be safe. She knew right away that the Halloween party was the issue and was able to take care of it all in about 10 minutes

moral: keep trying until you get a good CM or try calling the internet helpline instead of regular #

***UPDATE***

called the regular phone line and the CM was one of the ones that you KNOW right away won't be able to help much. She told me that Halloween parties aren't guaranteed to have FP and she advised I cancel them so my others don't get cancelled :(

was NOT HAPPY with that CM so I called the Internet help line (phone # at the bottom of the FP notification) and got a VERY helpful CM. She basically took 2 of my FP days and made them herself so they wouldn't count against me THEN my other 10 would be safe. She knew right away that the Halloween party was the issue and was able to take care of it all in about 10 minutes

moral: keep trying until you get a good CM or try calling the internet helpline instead of regular #

Smart thinking! I'm not sure I would have noticed a phone number at the bottom of the notification. Glad it worked out for you! :)

be checking later this week and during the weekend as DHS hours for August may get extended soon. I know the 28th has a 9am opening but maybe it gets an 8am possibly

That's actually what we're hoping for. We keep looking at the waits and we know for the most part they are inflated but not sure how it will be on the first normal park hours day since before TSL opened. If they stay in the 70/90 minute range, I'm positive we'd get SDD and AS2 before our 10:50 TSM FP. My brother and I keep checking for SDD but we're not holding our breath.

Our ToT is around 3:30, I think, so we were hoping for a BATB show around that time.

I I noticed in the FPs that the Beauty and the Beast stage show only has two times listed (10:30 and 1:30). Does that mean there are only two performances that day? We're not wasting a FP on that (we have TSM, ST and ToT) but we'd be disappointed if those are the only times the show will go on because it's something we're all interested in seeing and doesn't work into our plans.

Don't worry there are multiple shows throughout the day. Those are the only ones that have FPs available. Go on the Disney website and it will have the times of the show for the day you want.

I agree about trying resturants for yourself. We have disliked places that people suggested to us, and likewise loved places with some not great reviews. You never know until you try. This time we are trying all new places to us - Yak & Yeti, Garden Grove for the seafood buffet and Sci Fi. Excited to try new things.

Our dates for Disney and Universal are close. We are the 16-20 at Disney and 20-24 at Universal. You can share your itinerary here. Others have.

I want a report on Yak & Yeti :) We enjoyed Sci-Fi quite a bit. Food isn't "foodie" stuff, but if you are used to taking your kids to chain restaurants, you will not be disappointed.

Thanks! I will do both and report back. I'll go with "you can't have too many princesses." We've stayed at CR before, but never club level. I am so excited! Enjoy your trip as well.

We did CRT when my son was 4 . . the princesses paid special attention to him, we have a photo of him getting a kiss from Jasmine, he had no idea it was coming lol

You know this is the first time in years (I think) that there are no ride refurbishments listed for August. :)

https://www.wdwmagic.com/refurbishments.htm

Hope I didn't jinx anything! :duck:

Awesome. I hadn't even thought to check. Thanks for sharing!

We’ll be there Aug 5-10, AKV, celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary.

Happy Anniversary!!!!!

I know you called and had this resolved. If anyone else finds themselves in this position, if the party tickets are on a separate profile in MDE from the 10 day tickets, it very likely will work just fine.

I want a report on Yak & Yeti :) We enjoyed Sci-Fi quite a bit. Food isn't "foodie" stuff, but if you are used to taking your kids to chain restaurants, you will not be disappointed.

I am excited about Yak and Yeti. I hope it is good. I really want the fried wontons. I will definitely report back. We always eat at Tusker House and it is sooo good, so it is hard to want to try new things. Sci-Fi was my oldest son's pick - He is 12. We are definitely burger and fries people most of the time, but we do branch out on vacation. I thought it would make a good midday break for us.

35 days to go! It is getting real!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter