*** The Official August 2018 Thread*** - let's have some fun....

We tried Y&Y for the first time on our June trip. Loved it, new family favorite. I booked it again for our Aug trip. I had the Coconut Shrimp, soooo good! DH had some rib dish, he loved it especially the slaw that was served with it. In fact he told our waitress how great the slaw was and a little bit later she came out with another bowl of it for him on the house! DD had a Lo Mein dish she really enjoyed as well. Can't wait to go back for dinner there on the 5th. Loved the themeing too! I'm so ready to back be at Disney!

I am excited about Yak and Yeti. I hope it is good. I really want the fried wontons. I will definitely report back. We always eat at Tusker House and it is sooo good, so it is hard to want to try new things. Sci-Fi was my oldest son's pick - He is 12. We are definitely burger and fries people most of the time, but we do branch out on vacation. I thought it would make a good midday break for us.

35 days to go! It is getting real!
Going to Yak and Yeti on my “preview” trip in less than two weeks! Will report back.

Glad to read good things about Y&Y! The ahi tuna nachos looks amazing! We have an ADR there on our AK day.

We went to Y&Y on our previous wow trip and we really liked it. I’ve got a lunch adr on our second AK day!

We went to Yak and Yeti last August, shared the fire cracker shrimp and garlic noodles, and both were very good! Going back again for lunch next month

Glad to hear good reviews for Yak and Yeti! Makes me even more excited to try it. The firecracker shrimp sound amazing!!

I am excited about Yak and Yeti. I hope it is good. I really want the fried wontons. I will definitely report back. We always eat at Tusker House and it is sooo good, so it is hard to want to try new things. Sci-Fi was my oldest son's pick - He is 12. We are definitely burger and fries people most of the time, but we do branch out on vacation. I thought it would make a good midday break for us.

35 days to go! It is getting real!

Burger and fries people . .. you will be fine at Sci-Fi I think. We tried Tusker House last year for our first time, and are going to eat there again this August. 35 days until we leave NY, yup, it's getting real.

Thanks to all who shared their Yak and Yeti experiences. Looks like that will have to go on the list of places to try next year!

Just placed our Garden Grocer order!!! Can it be August already?!?!?

Yay! :woohoo: Thats where I am at, deciding if I really want to buy beverages to be delivered.......no kids this trip so we don't need all the food we would normally order. No cooking in the villa this trip! :hyper:

Yay! :woohoo: Thats where I am at, deciding if I really want to buy beverages to be delivered.......no kids this trip so we don't need all the food we would normally order. No cooking in the villa this trip! :hyper:

We just stock up on beer, water and breakfast stuff. Oh, and snacks (because our kids are ALWAYS hungry)!!!

I put in our garden Grover order last week! Two cases of water were top of my list, I drink 2 liters of water a day normally and even more when we go south.

We just stock up on beer, water and breakfast stuff. Oh, and snacks (because our kids are ALWAYS hungry)!!!

Its been 6 years since we used Garden Grocer; do you have to be there to sign as there is beer/wine in the order? All I am wanting to order is beer, wine, water, and half & half.

I love it when a plan comes together. This morning, I was finally able to move that one FP (out of 30) that just didn't fit in with our plans. 7DMT at 2:40 was not gonna happen, but noon works. I know I will be tweaking and modifying as we go, but this just gives me a sense of ease.

We also got our Magical Express tags today!

Yak & Yeti was very good, my husband and I really enjoyed it. My daughter, who is an adventurous eater, but does not like rice - felt her choices were limited.

For those who order from Garden Grocer, why do you prefer there vs. an Amazon delivery for water/snacks and Drizzly for adult beverage needs? We haven't ordered from GG before, but have had success with the later on previous trips.

Its been 6 years since we used Garden Grocer; do you have to be there to sign as there is beer/wine in the order? All I am wanting to order is beer, wine, water, and half & half.

I emailed over my ID, and they said I will need to present it to bell services upon receiving my order.

I love it when a plan comes together. This morning, I was finally able to move that one FP (out of 30) that just didn't fit in with our plans. 7DMT at 2:40 was not gonna happen, but noon works. I know I will be tweaking and modifying as we go, but this just gives me a sense of ease.

We also got our Magical Express tags today!

Yak & Yeti was very good, my husband and I really enjoyed it. My daughter, who is an adventurous eater, but does not like rice - felt her choices were limited.

How many days out are you? I want our tags!!!!

The past few years, we got used to getting them SUPER early (like 9 months out, lol), but we haven't gotten them for this trip yet. I want magic in my mailbox dang it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter