The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My guide does not think it will either (which is all the more reason to avoid Riviera). He also hinted toward a $255 price though, which would also push me into VGF resale. Based on what your guide said, he still could be underpromising to overdeliver. I just can't wait until the 3rd when we find out. I want to buy direct, and I am still considering waiting for DLT direct and purchasing VGF resale unless VGF2 comes in the low 200s and without restrictions. Of course, I am not buying DLT direct if it comes in with the stupid restrictions and will start looking into VGC resale at that point. So, I could end up with no direct contracts or two depending on the details.

I love RIV so I do own both direct and resale as the restrictions are no big deal for us.

it is funny how we all have tried to take the hints of our guides to figure it out. I was really hoping today he was going to tell me it would be shared before Thursday but doesn’t sound like it.

Its the longest waiting game ever!!!

I feel kinda like it’s a “ New Years Eve” type of night. Wish there was a DVC ball that dropped at midnight and cracked open with the opening sales price ! Hahaha…….But alas we have to wait until 9am.

I know! I even asked my guide today what time it would drop on the website!

Luggage promotion: First 500 owners to buy in at 125 points or higher will get gift luggage.

Owners will have first dibs until sales open publicly on March 31.

Confirmed that only VGF2 GWs will be available.

Apparently price will be something I'll be "happy" with. I swear I didn't crib that line from Sandisw; guide legit said the same thing. In my case, it's much less affirming considering I never discussed price with them. Maybe they mixed me up with one of the five billion other people on their spreadsheet to call?

Everyone at the Mouse's timeshare office is anticipating pointocalypse come Thursday.... as in all hands on deck. Lots of points will be sold.

I understand the economic fundamentals of supply and demand, so can't argue on that basis with those who are chomping at the bit to gloat about how they 'nailed it' by predicting Riviera-level "cheap," but given the preponderance of Mickey Math that drives the Disney timeshare machine...

- depreciating assets who's value increases apparently in perpetuity
- timeshare financing practices that will negate savings
- the sheer number of people who will buy a five-figure real estate interest that they didn't even know existed when they scanned their magic band that morning
- "If they price too high, I'll just buy Riviera instead. That'll show DVD!"
- BCV direct

... I'm hard pressed to say anything with certainty when it comes to Disney timeshare pricing no matter how much it might make sense.

Luggage promotion: First 500 owners to buy in at 125 points or higher will get gift luggage.

Apparently price will be something I'll be "happy" with. I swear I didn't crib that line from Sandisw; guide legit said the same thing. In my case, it's much less affirming considering I never discussed price with them. Maybe they mixed me up with one of the five billion other people on their spreadsheet to call?

Everyone at the Mouse's timeshare office is anticipating pointocalypse come Thursday.... as in all hands on deck. Lots of points will be sold.

I understand the economic fundamentals of supply and demand, so can't argue on that basis with those who are chomping at the bit to gloat about how they 'nailed it' by predicting Riviera-level "cheap," but given the preponderance of Mickey Math that drives the Disney timeshare machine...

- the sheer number of people who will buy a five-figure real estate interest that they didn't even know existed when they scanned their magic band that morning
- BCV direct

... I'm hard pressed to say anything with certainty when it comes to Disney timeshare pricing no matter how much it might make sense.
My guide said first 500 buyers get a gift. What’s the luggage you are hearing about?

They don’t sell you on just Riviera. They sell you on being able to book anywhere. Since all the points count the same, are people really going to buy that the home resort booking window is worth even $1 per point premium?

They already do. During the covid age at WDW they were showing, discounting, and selling all the resorts.

If people were going to buy RIV they would have done so.

They have since the start as before Covid it was actually trending towards a fairly quick sell out.

At this point DVC is just selling slower in general partly due to price increases likely.

My though is if we are selling less regardless we might as well sell for a higher price point and get the most out of the lesser number of sales.

Who knows what will happen.

They have to raise the floor somewhat because, as Pete pointed out, DLT is next out of the box. DVC needs to slowly boil us frogs in anticipation of an even higher base price for DLT.

I don't buy this reasoning. The Florida product and the California product are two different markets. Sure, there are many East Coast owners who want DL but the majority of points sold will be on the West Coast. They need to price DLT competitively at the same time reintroduce the DVC product which has had almost no presence in California in some time. VGF2 pricing is going to be independent of DLT.

I don't buy this reasoning. The Florida product and the California product are two different markets. Sure, there are many East Coast owners who want DL but the majority of points sold will be on the West Coast. They need to price DLT competitively at the same time reintroduce the DVC product which has had almost no presence in California in some time. VGF2 pricing is going to be independent of DLT.

I look at it the same as you. That’s my guess, at least!

On DVC website
“Experience unmatched luxury at The Villas at Disney’s Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, located at Walt Disney World Resort in Florida. As the crown jewel of Disney Vacation Club, this beloved Resort offers relaxing stays in accommodations featuring a harmonious blend of Victorian elegance and modern comforts.”
Would you price a crown jewel the same as other on sale resorts?
I will be shocked if not $220 at least

- BCV direct

I didn’t hear about the potential luggage gift! Lol

Let’s hope my state gets its act together and my being happy means I will!!

I didn’t hear about the potential luggage gift! Lol

Let’s hope my state gets its act together and my being happy means I will!!
Now, I want to see the luggage gift and know the price! My guide is calling me in the afternoon and I’m wondering if I should have him call earlier. 🤔

Now, I want to see the luggage gift and know the price! My guide is calling me in the afternoon and I’m wondering if I should have him call earlier. 🤔
Watch it be some cheap Fanny pack

however on the flip side if it’s some cool limited edition roller bag with the gfv picture on it, that would be very cool

Watch it be some cheap Fanny pack

however on the flip side if it’s some cool limited edition roller bag with the gfv picture on it, that would be very cool
You’re probably right!
But, I’ll be bummed if I miss out on a limited edition bag because of work! 😩

It’s been fun chatting about it, but I’m one of those people FOMO has the opposite effect on. Playing hard to get doesn’t make me want it more, it actually kills my desire. I almost placed a bid on a resale Poly contract last night out of spite, but got talked out of it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter