Toy Story Land Annual Passholder Event

A friend called Disney last night to book a room res. She inquired about never receiving AP emails. They said she had the " no communication" choice for her AP(something like that). So they added her email so she should receive future emails.

If you didn't get this or others it way be worth fixing now before the next event.

I have 9/18 at 8am. Anybody else?

A friend called Disney last night to book a room res. She inquired about never receiving AP emails. They said she had the " no communication" choice for her AP(something like that). So they added her email so she should receive future emails.

If you didn't get this or others it way be worth fixing now before the next event.

I have 9/18 at 8am. Anybody else?

This is exactly what I was told when I called up about a month or so ago. Utter BS that something I may or may not have checked off 5-10 years ago has an impact on Annual Pass emails for a pass I got for the first time just a few months ago. They should have asked me then about receiving emails, not carried over an alleged legacy preference to not receive communication.

You know what, I STILL have yet to receive an annual pass email -- or ANY emails about Disney World. Have they sent any?? Events like this is part of why I signed up for the pass in the first place. But Disney refuses to send me the info!

I get multiple emails from Orlando a week...and I'm not even a passholder there. So frustrating.

This is exactly what I was told when I called up about a month or so ago. Utter BS that something I may or may not have checked off 5-10 years ago has an impact on Annual Pass emails for a pass I got for the first time just a few months ago. They should have asked me then about receiving emails, not carried over an alleged legacy preference to not receive communication.

You know what, I STILL have yet to receive an annual pass email -- or ANY emails about Disney World. Have they sent any?? Events like this is part of why I signed up for the pass in the first place. But Disney refuses to send me the info!

I get multiple emails from Orlando a week...and I'm not even a passholder there. So frustrating.
I haven't gotten any AP emails since that offer. In general they don't send many. I did get the TSL one this year and the one for FOP at akl last year . Other friends of mine did too yet a few did not. That's why I posted. Like you she had no idea she had opted out.

I checked all of my settings, put the Disney Destination address in my contacts, scoured my spam folder. All of the suggestions listed here and in other threads. I called Disney IT and they acknowledged that they have received similar reports. They checked everything on their end but had no solution. They "escalated" my case - which, of course, means nothing.

As a Canadian, we aren't eligible to receive any of these emails due to privacy laws. I don't understand it though, since we receive lots of offers from other companies. :(

I checked all of my settings, put the Disney Destination address in my contacts, scoured my spam folder. All of the suggestions listed here and in other threads. I called Disney IT and they acknowledged that they have received similar reports. They checked everything on their end but had no solution. They "escalated" my case - which, of course, means nothing.
Escalation very often resolves the issue, so don't give up.

Well, if they sent out emails about the V.I.Passholder event, I also got nothing about that. This is ridiculous. How is it that I can't stop hundreds of companies spamming me, but Disney refuses to send me emails I actually want?

Random-ish question... When is the first one again? I'm trying to decide if I want to change resorts and Yacht Club is one I'm considering as it would allow me to get a little more sleep and not have to deal with transportation to get there...but it is the most expensive of the options I'm considering.

If we learn that the 7-8 people are still in the land and allowed to ride during 8-9 - which makes the 8-9 people (of which I am one) not have at all the same experience - I'll likely just skip it anyway, and would not need to "waste" the extra money (we're talking about twice the amount as on the mods I'm considering) on YC but instead go with POFQ, a Royal Room at POR or a Preferred room at CSR. But I'm afraid that the first night will be too late for me to hear reviews and get to my TA to make the change (I check in on 9/7) of resorts.

Does anyone have a gut feeling about what is going to happen with the 7-8 people?

Random-ish question... When is the first one again? I'm trying to decide if I want to change resorts and Yacht Club is one I'm considering as it would allow me to get a little more sleep and not have to deal with transportation to get there...but it is the most expensive of the options I'm considering.

If we learn that the 7-8 people are still in the land and allowed to ride during 8-9 - which makes the 8-9 people (of which I am one) not have at all the same experience - I'll likely just skip it anyway, and would not need to "waste" the extra money (we're talking about twice the amount as on the mods I'm considering) on YC but instead go with POFQ, a Royal Room at POR or a Preferred room at CSR. But I'm afraid that the first night will be too late for me to hear reviews and get to my TA to make the change (I check in on 9/7) of resorts.

Does anyone have a gut feeling about what is going to happen with the 7-8 people?

First one is 9/4. I wouldn’t switch rooms for it. We have an 8am slot on 9/6 and plan to Minnie Van from the Contemporary. I’m not concerned about the 7am crowd. I do not think the numbers on this are large considering how quickly they booked up.

I hope they have different colored wristbands and at least prevent the first group from riding after 8am. That would be the right thing to do.

so as a regular ticket holder, should I not try to rope drop super early? I couldn't get SDD as a FP and really want to ride it, but also not have to burn valuable park time in a line. TIA!

so as a regular ticket holder, should I not try to rope drop super early? I couldn't get SDD as a FP and really want to ride it, but also not have to burn valuable park time in a line. TIA!
They won't be letting anyone into the land early on these dates if that's what your asking (or they better not!). So for a 9am park opening it won't do you any good to say get there at 7:30. You'll just be stuck waiting outside of the turnstiles or held on the street.

Well, if they sent out emails about the V.I.Passholder event, I also got nothing about that. This is ridiculous. How is it that I can't stop hundreds of companies spamming me, but Disney refuses to send me emails I actually want?

I have the same problem! I NEVER get a single Passholder email. I've called a few times, emailed more, chatted a few times, nobody can seem to figure this out. I don't even get the emails about choosing my magic band. Actually, the only emails I ever got was when my passholder payment didn't go through (LOL OF COURSE). They also escalated my case and I haven't heard anything yet. I just want a chance at this cool passholder stuff!!

I received the email but was too late to sign up for a spot. We are only in WDW for 3 days, so my plan was to visit DHS around 8pm (it closes at 8:30) and get in line for SDD close to closing. We have FP+ for Alien, so we will ride that during the day.

Will they be sending out more details about the event prior to the actual day? Just curious if characters may be around, or how I can position myself to RD them at regular opening.

As a 7am person, I plan to do the honest thing and leave at 8 but I will be interested to see how they manage it

I plan on getting in line for food at 7:59 and taking my time eating it. Then I'll proceed to my RD location for characters. I don't want to attempt to ride rides in someone else's hour.

We will do our rides between 7-8 and then grab a bite to eat, maybe shop a little, and wait for HTOT and RNRC to open, ride them, and leave. We have MK After Hours that night, so there has to be a break in the day. Likely will just drive over to Studios since it will be so early anyway and there wont be any bus running from resorts just for the select few AP holders doing the event.

We will do our rides between 7-8 and then grab a bite to eat, maybe shop a little, and wait for HTOT and RNRC to open, ride them, and leave. We have MK After Hours that night, so there has to be a break in the day. Likely will just drive over to Studios since it will be so early anyway and there wont be any bus running from resorts just for the select few AP holders doing the event.

We are planning the exact same thing, except we'll be walking/taking the boat from BC. Are you going on 9/20? We are really nervous about getting up so early for the TS event and being up so late for the DAH event...especially since we have MNSSHP tickets for the next night (9/21)! I guess we'll sleep on the way home on the plane (or at least that's what we'll tell ourselves!).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter