• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Hi there! I was wondering if the BJs offer for the bulk discount can be done by purchasing in store, and if anyone knows if they even carry DGC in stores? I'd like to take advantage of this but have my eye on a VGT room on an upcoming cruise that just popped up and I'm worried about waiting for the time to get the physical cards. Semi-novice at all of this, so would welcome any thoughts!

the bulk discount is only online for specific $ amounts
BJ's does carry gift cards in stores, I believe the $500 gift card is either $480 or $485 in store, not sure about other denominations that are in stores what the discount is

Just wanted to report I was successful in ordering an E-DGC from Sams.com and getting the $15 back off $30 more on my Amex. I had it on 2 cards. My posted, DH's did not, but after a call to Amex they were going to force a credit to my account. So 30% savings on $100 in cards. :thumbsup2

Am. Ex. CS is easy to work with. I had an offer on my card and DH didn't, I used mine which posted quickly and asked if they could add the offer to his account and they did. It never hurts to ask ::yes::

I wouldn't even go to Target at all if it wasn't so close to where I work, and now that I have signed up for free wal-mart grocery delivery to my office, I don't even need to do that anymore. It is sad, but what a stupid move on their part really. I can't believe I am the only one whose spending at Target dropped drastically after these changes, am I?
Same boat, I don't even carry Target Redcard in my wallet anymore. Same with Best Buy, after they stopped allowing GC>GC & SB that really changed my routine.

Regarding your prescriptions, have you tried the GoodRX app? Link
My Doc fills out a prescription for 90 day supply x2 but my insurance only allows 30 days, with a coupon I can get 90 days. I pay $15 out of pocket for 2 fills (90 day each) which saves me 2 trips to the Doc and the copays for office visits. For me it's a win win, I save money and time.

Oh, not sure if there are any Verizon Up Rewards peeps, but changes are coming March 1st. Link

the bulk discount is only online for specific $ amounts
BJ's does carry gift cards in stores, I believe the $500 gift card is either $480 or $485 in store, not sure about other denominations that are in stores what the discount is
Thank you for the info, I was concerned that might be the case :( Bummer but all good though, I can at least get the 4% so that's something!

Added Offer

Warehouse
Costco: FREE $10-$20 Costco Shop Card w/ New Membership. Link
Read the comments as this might not be the best deal out there.

Packages & Tickets
Disneyland
Walt Disney World
Universal Orlando
Theme & Water Parks Tickets

I can honestly say I've never seen Disney or Universal gift cards at our local Costco nor are they available online. Is this the same with all locations?

no disney/universal GC available in oregon. you do get a disney gift card with purchase of a disney vacation package.

In fact they actually threatened to cancel my RedCard a couple months ago because I haven't used it in so long. But I can do better than 5% discount on GCs by using a regular CC at so many other places, and that is a HUGE deciding factor on where I shop.
Mine got cancelled a few months back for disuse. Now that I can get 5% in cc points at several stores including grocery (plus fuel points) I just grab a target GC if I plan on stopping there. Sometimes I'll just grab a $50 and load it in my wallet for just in case of stops

Hi All, just checking to see if I can still use a Sam's club giftcard ($500 gotten through my points) to buy a $500 Disney card on the Sam's Club site. I did this back in Oct and it was a great savings. I went to use a $10 Walmart GC I received over Christmas on a large Walmart order $200 that included a $25 Disney GC and the transaction would not let me use the Walmart GC. I don't want to get the Sam's $500 card if I can't use it for a Disney card since I don't have a Sam's by me and just wouldn't use it that much. Any help would be great. TIA

Hi All, just checking to see if I can still use a Sam's club giftcard ($500 gotten through my points) to buy a $500 Disney card on the Sam's Club site. I did this back in Oct and it was a great savings. I went to use a $10 Walmart GC I received over Christmas on a large Walmart order $200 that included a $25 Disney GC and the transaction would not let me use the Walmart GC. I don't want to get the Sam's $500 card if I can't use it for a Disney card since I don't have a Sam's by me and just wouldn't use it that much. Any help would be great. TIA
I've been able to use Walmart gift cards online for orders that only had Disney Gift Cards in them, as of last week. I've never tried in store, but I think people have had some mixed experiences with using gift cards in store to buy Disney GCs.

I just used a walmart gift card yesterday to buy Disney gift cards at sams online

I can honestly say I've never seen Disney or Universal gift cards at our local Costco nor are they available online. Is this the same with all locations?
There are no Disney gift cards at any Costcos. I don't think there are any Universal gift cards, but I'm not certain on that one. My Costco in CA does sell Universal CA tickets consistently, I can check price next time I'm in if I remember.

Any recent data points on using a Happy Guy card at Home Depot for Disney Gift cards? Still allowed as far as anyone knows?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter