• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Waiting for DISNEYLAND HOTEL DVC Thread (see post 1 for updates)

LOL; we're looking at either 150 or x2 150= 300 points and fluctuating between the two-- along where to put us: VGC vs VDH -- we're all resale points currently and this is an opportunity to get into blue card (though little benefit currently for west coast folk). Really does come down to the point chart than anything. If there's only a mild difference between VGC and VDH - would go hunting on the resale listings especially with the larger selection at this time AND VDH pricing may push that even lower if VDH is competitive on the point charts -- oh the decisions!

I do agree $215 is more the mark with heavy incentives to drop it close to $200. So if can do which: $200 VDH - blue card vs $245 VGC?

DVC is a luxury/aspirational product and VGC sits near the top of the stack of that "dream" for many of the members. I'm super excited about VDH, and I don't think you will go wrong buying in at the resort. To me the fact that the Grand Cal is "inside of the park" and the theme of it makes it worth the premium. It sounds like you have the ability to afford a decent size purchase so either could work. That's a hard choice to make.

Assumed Price, and then flexibility. In general I would suggest buying the cheapest DVC you would be happy with; in this case there’s also more flexibility with VDH direct because you (probably) can’t use resale VGC points at VDH but you can use direct VDH points at VGC.

If someone would only be happy with VGC then they shouldn’t buy VDH, but for someone who is torn like the poster I was replying to, I think spending less money is the easy call.

Very true and I'd also add that you could be locked out of poly 2 and you will (at this time) be locked out of Riviera. Riviera is awesome and I would hate to not be able to visit it if I only owned VGC resale. With that said, if you want to stay at VGC often it's one of the prime examples of needing to buy where you want to stay. Perhaps VDH will help with the madness of trying to book VGC at 7 months, but it's such a small property I doubt it will make that much of a difference. If, or more likely when we buy some VDH points it's going to be to supplement our portfolio of points and to give us some flexibility to cover more of the calendar year within our two use year windows which is way more important for us in California as we are much more likely to visit in all seasons vs Florida where our December UY will be fine for us for a long time.

Reactions: ehh
Perhaps VDH will help with the madness of trying to book VGC at 7 months
I think it will make an enormous difference in terms of intensity of competition. It probably won’t meaningfully change the number of rooms coming available at 7 months.

I will point out that VGC owners generally have no problem booking at 2BR (and obviously 1BR) VGC at 7 months and a week, which is to say they are basically always dumping some inventory into the pot, it just gets snapped up immediately.

Luckily we already own VGC and love the location. The question would be to have another 160 at VGC at a separate use year to cover all dates vs 150 VDH for blue (and Riviera --but we're AKL, VGF, Poly people more anyways) and future proof a little to more direct opportunities.

Really does come down to the entry pricing, point charts, and resale prices reaction to VDH. We're spoiled as bought into VGC just before the second price launch at 175 after Disney ROFR several contracts at 160-172

20221214_141053.jpg
20221214_141304.jpg

Couple of zoomed photos, sorry about the glare. Drywall going up on the main tower, more glass going up on the western decline.

Also, Iger and D'Amaro walked by us in the parks today to have lunch at club 33 while we were waiting on our BB table. Good vibes from the crowd, nice to see Iger present in the parks the past couple of weeks.

Obviously this requires speculation. But how soon before this goes on sale will we see the points chart?

I'm thinking someone could guess based on the history of other properties.

Obviously this requires speculation. But how soon before this goes on sale will we see the points chart?

I'm thinking someone could guess based on the history of other properties.
For VGC point charts leaked out about 2 months before the public on sale. After the leak Disney quickly confirmed them. Unclear if they would have revealed them without the leak (or if the “leak” was truly a leak and not intentional)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter