Walking on Sunshine : Celebrating Spring at Universal & SeaWorld - an April/May 2016 PTR

I'm so sorry to hear about Steve's grandfather, Gina. I'm glad that the surgery went well for him. Sending lots of good thoughts and prayers for him and for your family. :grouphug:

I can't believe you only have 2 more days to go!:banana: I am so excited for you guys! I hope you have a wonderful time together and safe travels as well. :wizard:

Thank you, my friend :goodvibes. Steve visited Grandpa at the hospital last night and he was doing fairly well under the circumstances. We continue to say lots of prayers for his comfort and healing....hopefully extended family will keep us updated on his condition while we are away.

I can hardly believe we leave tomorrow afternoon! This last week has simply flown by.

:grouphug:

Especially on this forum. Disers are great. Sending you my well-wishes also. My grandfather is also 92 and he is more spry than most 65 year olds!

:rotfl: You know you're just feeding into @dancin Disney style right? You really can't blame her!!!

ENJOY ENJOY ENJOY the gorgeous Florida sun! Can't wait to be back there myself.

Thank you Melinda!! I can't wait to catch up on your TR entries when I get back! (or while I am waiting at the airport on departure day :surfweb:)

Oh my gosh, you guys really need this time together as a family! It is still a massive celebration of many things, but also a time for you guys to heal and appreciate each other's company (in lieu of break-ups and surgeries...). If anything, your reason for adding another donut keeps getting longer.

And this is why I love you guys :hug:. Anyone who can help justify our donut addiction is a true friend indeed :teeth:.

I was just going to let that one go butt.......

Ah, you disappoint me sometimes. Here I dangled the carrot to see what would happen, and.......:confused3.

;)

So sorry about Steve's grandfather, prayers his recovery goes well! Getting old is hard, parents health is getting worse, still have little ones to deal with (in my case) and yeah I am at that season of life where I realize that my parents won't last forever. I have one grandmother still living, and she's 90! She's is fairly good health but you can tell things are slowing down a bit.

My family of 5 can easily eat 2 dz doughnuts in 1 sitting, esp if they are HOT and FRESH! I have no doubt that you 3 (or the 2 boys) could do it! lol

Thank you, Frances! As for the bolded.....no truer words have ever been spoken :rotfl2:.

C'mon you have a reputation to maintain- Gina needs the proper send off for her vacation!:D

:wave: Bye Gina- enjoy and think of all of us who are stuck at home and work!

Thanks patty! I will try and check in from time to time just so you guys aren't too lonely while we are gone.

@dancin Disney style , try and keep everyone entertained for the next 11 days or so, would you please? :flower3:
Only one more sleep!! I'm so excited for you! :jumping1:

I'm keeping your family in my prayers. I hope for a speedy recovery for Steves Grandfather!

Thank you Tori. I was actually already having a little trouble sleeping LAST night, so I'm guessing I might be riding that wave of excitement again tonight :blush:. The bags I check at the airline counter might not be the only ones I'm carrying when we fly out on Sunday. I might have a matching pair under my eyes as well!! LOL

It's Friday! And that means one more day, before your off to Florida! That deserves a Wahoo. Hope your grandfather is doing well, and will recover soon. It's so nice that Jake can come too. I bet the Nike store is calling his name.

Have an awesome time!

LOL, you know us well Lynne. The Nike Clearance store is a must-do on day one for my boy. He's been saving his pennies and totally ready for some retail therapy!

Have a great trip Gina and crew!

Thank you!! :goodvibes

It's getting real!!! You hopefully packed a lot last night!

I made some great progress :thumbsup2. Tonight we're taking my mom shopping and out for dinner, then I'll finish up the loose ends after we come home. I will clean and do laundry tomorrow morning (with the help of my two fine fellows) then we should be on our way in time for lunch on the road!

20140525-202418-73458379.jpg

This work day is going to feel like a LONG one for sure!!

That even looks like you!!!
CONGRATULATIONS!!! You are on the eve of your long awaited and much needed trip!
I wish you sunny skies, laughter, relaxation and blissful family time!!! Safe travels my friend.

Thank you! I have PM'd you our cell numbers in the event that we can make that Dismeet work.

All the best to you and your fam as well. I hope you have the most spectacular of vacations!!! Be sure to have a ride on Big Thunder Mountain and a Dole Whip for me! :teeth:

:dancer:
One more dawn
One more day
One day more!

And that's my Les Mis for you! :rolleyes1

Thanks, my friend! With half of my work day done, I am definitely beginning to feel like dancing! :banana:

Gina, I hope the three of you have a wonderful trip together! Same to the others who are heading down soon.

While you're gone perhaps we'll do our best to entertain and carry on...

Steve visited Grandpa at the hospital last night and he was doing fairly well under the circumstances. We continue to say lots of prayers for his comfort and healing....hopefully extended family will keep us updated on his condition while we are away.

Joining in with prayers for Steve's Grandpa. It's so hard to see family members getting frail.

The Nike Clearance store is a must-do on day one for my boy. He's been saving his pennies and totally ready for some retail therapy!

That sounds like Pete. He is really looking forward to getting some more Nike... he's slightly obsessed with the brand at the moment. Is the Nike clearance store generally older stock than the outlets store?

Hope you have an incredible trip with some much needed family time! Looking forward to hearing all about it on your return.

Gina, I hope the three of you have a wonderful trip together! Same to the others who are heading down soon.

While you're gone perhaps we'll do our best to entertain and carry on...

Joining in with prayers for Steve's Grandpa. It's so hard to see family members getting frail.

That sounds like Pete. He is really looking forward to getting some more Nike... he's slightly obsessed with the brand at the moment. Is the Nike clearance store generally older stock than the outlets store?

Hope you have an incredible trip with some much needed family time! Looking forward to hearing all about it on your return.

Have an amazing time! I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back.

Have an amazingly wonderful trip and safe travels to you and your family! :beach: :wizard:

Thank you all! :goodvibes

Housecleaning, laundry, final packing....then we're out the door, hopefully in time for lunch on the road.

It's time! :banana:

31e4a7a27b27d99375ee0a8d3359f0c4.jpg

Next stop.....Buffalo, NY! :drive:

May you have a great nights sleep, an uneventful flight, the best car on the lot and land to sunny skies! Have the best vacation yet!:cool1: Sounds like you have planned it to be one to remember! pixiedust:party:

I have two questions for you:

1) Best outlets? This is the first time we'll have a rental car and I'm dying to go to the Character warehouse. But which location? Also, Nike Clearance vs. Nike Outlet what's the difference? My boys want to visit Nike.

2) we arrive Saturday. Forecast is calling for 60's in the evenings, is that chilly and breezy? That's 60's here in NYC! Don't know what to pack for the evenings?

We are locals. I don't know who you are buying for, but I finally visited the Disney character warehouse and found it to be pretty dangerous. I bought a 2015 zip-up hoodie for $12.99 (retail $59.95 in parks), and a great backpack with a zippered pocket for $9.99. They had Disneyland 60th anniversary stuff, tiaras for $6 and sashes from the BBBoutique for $2.

I am not a fan of the outlet malls, but there is definitely fun to be had at the Chatacter a Warehouse. The malls have crazy crowds, even on weekdays sometimes, and parking can be crazy. If you go to the Vineland location to visit the Character Warehouse, park in the free garage as close to the bridge as you can get. The Disney store is near the food court. Not sure if you are Nike only, but Reebok (between the parking and Disney store) regularly has buy one get one 60% off on their shoes. If you do go, the food court has coupon books (free for AAA members).

A light jacket and pants work for us in the 60s. I know we are floridians, so YMMV :)

Good morning everyone! We are currently sitting at our gate and waiting for our boarding call.

We had a GREAT stay last night at the Days Hotel Buffalo Airport. For everything that went WRONG the last two times, it all went RIGHT this time around. @pigletto , I hope you and your family have as restful a stay this week as we did last night. I can't fault them for a single thing. We managed about 5 or so hours sleep before our 4:30 am wake up call, so we're all feeling pretty decent this morning as we wait for our flight.

The commute from home to Buffalo was equally as peaceful....we were literally 4 minutes from arrival at the border until the time we were driving away into NY State (and that included the wait for the two cars in from of us). I think we set a new Bo-Bina family record!!

Next stop....Orlando! We should be boarding in 20 minutes or so. Time for a round of Gravol :teeth:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter