Walking on Sunshine : Celebrating Spring at Universal & SeaWorld - an April/May 2016 PTR

Ah, you disappoint me sometimes. Here I dangled the carrot to see what would happen, and.......:confused3.
Well, I found the most awesome photo that would totally describe the nudist colony vacation but I'm pretty sure that I would be kicked off the Dis. Just picture a bunch of hairy, old, large jiggly butts at a picnic table. Add in a few sun hats and you have your next vacay.

@dancin Disney style , try and keep everyone entertained for the next 11 days or so, would you please? :flower3:

Mommy left me in charge

So sorry to hear about Steve's grandfather. My husband's grandmother (who is almost 96) fell a few years ago/had to have surgery and was determined to recover quick. And boy did she ever; she was in and out of the hospital/rehab in record time and hardly used a cane. If his grandfather is as mentally spunky as this lady, I'm sure he'll do just fine :)

I'm so excited to start seeing pics and reading about your trip. Have a most fabulous time.

Hi. I have just spent the last couple hours reading your PTR.....
Am sorry to hear about Sunshine - hope she's doing OK and your son also. Am hoping your FIL is continuing to recover well? Am glad your stay at Days went well :)
Love your minions phone case :)
Great to hear about your gifts and that you were able to gift your spare tickets.
I cannot wait to read your trip report.
We (DH, DS12 & DS10) are visiting Orlando from the UK, for 2 weeks, at the end of July. So excited! We are doing Disney & Universal :)
I had no idea Universal had character meals-will have to research that now!
Hope you have a fantastic trip :)

I love your trip reports and I am pretty excited that we are also going to be at Universal that week. If a short redhead runs up to say hi with a confused husband, 8 year old girl, and 6 year old boy following--it's me! It'll be like meeting a celebrity :teeth: haha!

AACCKK life got crazy and I MISSED the send off!! Hope you are having a great trip! Also hope Steve's Grandpa is doing well after surgery! Ah well at least I have a (Gina)trip report to look forward too:flower1:

So for those not following Gina's posts on FB, let it be known that "several" minions have been add to the yellow horde.

I am hereby starting a petition to change Gina's DIS persona to Gina-Gina-Gru-Bina (Master of all Minions); do I have a second?...

Yes you do!!!!! :flower1:

Jump00

So for those not following Gina's posts on FB, let it be known that "several" minions have been add to the yellow horde.

I am hereby starting a petition to change Gina's DIS persona to Gina-Gina-Gru-Bina (Master of all Minions); do I have a second?...

Haha I was cracking up at the pics! Yes I second, oh wait Third the motion!

Hey there everyone, just a quick note to check in and say hello!

We are having a wondeful time on our trip thus far. Our arrival day was mostly spent shopping (Jake absolutely cleaned up at the Nike Clearance Store....the deals he got there were incredible!), Monday was was spent at SeaWorld (crowds were low, weather was spectacular), and yesterday we went to Universal (again, perfect weather and very manageable crowds at the Studios.....IOA seemed worse during our brief time there). The Vistana is as awesome as always, though VIP check-in was a complete bust and our villa...while sparkling clean...has had a few maintenance and other housekeeping issues that honestly should not have been issues in the first place if the staff were on the ball. We have called and had them all rectified.

We had the pearl diver pick us an oyster at SeaWorld and I had it set in a lovely little ring .... it was so much fun and it will easily be my favourite souvenir of this trip! (I will also add that it was much less expensive than I had anticipated it would be.....a nice surprise!). As it has been hinted at at above, I've also got some pretty substantial stuffies piling up here in the villa: yesterday was a bumper day at Universal for both Steve (on the sledgehammer games) and Jake (who hooped me a big ol' minion on the basketball game) :teeth:. One of the stuffies is a HUGE "Radioactive Man" Homer that's well over 2 feet tall. I have no idea yet how we will get them home, but where there's a will....there's a way!

After two full back-to-back days of mogging around the park (which has left yours truly both sunburned and with blistered feet), today is officially deemed "recuperation day". We have a reservation at 1900 Park Fare for 10:20 am, so the boys can sleep in and get rested up a bit. Me, my internal clock gets me up early regardless of the plans, hence why I'm here on the Dis while Steve is snorning soundly beside me. Later today, we plan to enjoy some mini golf at Universal and dinner at Margaritavilla. In between those two meals? Maybe a little more shopping, maybe the Gatorland show here at the resort, or maybe just a nap :). We shall take it as it comes. Tomorrow and Friday are two more days at Universal, so we want to relax and enjoy our leisure time today.

No news on Grandpa since the day we left home, so Steve has reached out to some family members via Facebook for an update on his condition. We hope to hear from someone today.

The weather has been high 80's since we arrived, and is going to get even warmer over the next few days (but the humidity is low.....so its warm but not sticky). My mom and a few friends back home tell us that they had snow flurries yesterday where we live :scared1:. Definitely glad to be here in the warmth and sunshine of Fabulous Florida :sunny:.

I will try and check in again soon! @dancin Disney style and @bankr63 , thanks for holding the fort and keeping all the kids entertained while we are away!

oooh, sounds like an awesome trip already. My boy would be in the under armour store and have a pile full.

Sorry to hear of the villa issues. Glad they were resolved. As an owner, I'd be mad more than normal.

Breakfast sounds like fun. I heard the characters were great.

Thanks for the update!

Good morning all!

It's been a busy few days, so I thought I'd finally take a few minutes and check in before we embark on today's adventures. The itinerary has us heading to St. Petersburg today for our dolphin cruise at noon and the Blue Jays versus Tampa Bay Rays game at Tropicana Field at 6 pm. After several days of walking around the parks, it will be nice to have a day where it doesn't feel like we are going to walk our legs right off!!

The weather here has been HOT......like, mid-90's hot :sunny:. The sunshine has been abundant and virtually endless. The last two nights, there has been a spectacular lightening show once darkness settled in (around 8:30 pm and later) but not a drop of rain has fallen either time. The forecast for the balance of our trip is calling for highs of 91 each day (though more moderate today for St. Pete's....its only supposed to be 86 degrees there) with lots of sun and virtually no chance of rain. I can't believe how fortunate we have been yet again when it comes to weather.

Time is passing, as always, WAY too quicky. We had our arrival day on Sunday (which we devoted mostly to shopping and relaxing), SeaWorld on Monday, Universal on Tuesday, our Disney character breakfast and mini golf at CityWalk on Wednesday, Islands of Adventure on Thursday, and then both parks (the Studios & IOA) on Friday. Yesterday we also had the Superstar Character Breakfast at Universal and it was AMAZING!!!!!!!! I can't wait to share all the pictures and details in my trip report, but I can honestly say its been one of the biggest highlights of this trip. So much fun and so incredibly well done!!

13133301_10154661256311416_6880762322552112351_n.jpg

It was SO hot yesterday that we decided to end our final Universal parks day early and spend the afternoon in the Fountains pool here at the resort. We had conquered virtually all of our must-do's at the parks and we were all eager for some much-needed downtime. We golfed at Congo River last night once the heat of the day has passed but before the lightening show began.

Tonight is our last night at the Vistana (how did this go by so quickly?!? :confused:) and tomorrow we check in at the Residence Inn SeaWorld for the balance of our trip. Sunday's plans call for a day at Aquatica (which reminds me, I still need to book a cabana ::yes:: ..... we will surely need it as temperaturs soar into the 90's again) and Monday is slated for SeaWorld (with our Behind The Scenes tour and Dine With Shamu). Tuesday morning we are off to the airport and on our way home.....but that makes me sad, so we're trying not to think about it.

Instead, we think Minion-y happy thoughts.

13133191_10154660499026416_3157341327895631988_n.jpg

For any fellow Canucks who will be watching the Jays on TV tonight, watch for us right by third base. We will be just 2 rows from the field, so you may catch a glimpse of us! (Steve and Jake will be in their Jays blue jerseys, and I will be in a red Jays t-shirt)

@pigletto , safe travels to you as you make your journey to Orlando today. Have a spectacular time on your trip!!

Thought I'd share a little morning drama just to keep things interesting.

Back in March while I was at WDW Grumpy Cat was texting with her older sister about getting a new Iphone6. Her sister told her that she knew someone wanting to sell a 6 for a great price and she even had a buyer lined up to buy Grumpy Cat's old 5S to help with the cost of the new one. I agreed because my out of pocket cost was only going to be about $280. Thus making me mother of the year. So yesterday afternoon Grumpy Cat discovers that she has no service. She restarts the phone a few times and nothing. She takes out the SIM and reinstalls that and nothing. I look online at the account and all looks fine so I said to wait a little while and probably it will be fine. Later last night the phone is still not working so we start an online chat with the carrier (I HATE calling them) to see what we can find out. The first chat we started went along for about 20 minutes and then just froze....so we start again. Go through all the same things....restart, change settings, manual search for the carrier etc, etc.
The end result............they tell me that the phone is listed as STOLEN No idea why it worked perfectly for the last 6 weeks. It is now completely frozen, you can't do anything with it.

So after that I start asking oldest DD how she knew this person that she bought the phone from. She says she doesn't know the guy but found him on Kijiji. Then tries to tell me that she already told me that. Well NO that's the first I heard of that. She may have told her sister who then conveniently left that part out. She does still have his phone number but if this turns out to be a scam my life will be H E double hockey sticks because Grumpy Cat will have no phone. GC freaked out last night having to go out (to hang with friends) without her phone. Freaked out is putting it mildly. I was told that I couldn't possibly understand.

Funny though.....I gave her my phone so that she had one in case of emergency. Several time last night I reached for the phone that wasn't there.
I needed to....
text a few friends....couldn't do it
wanted to check Facebook...couldn't do it
wanted to listen to some Prince....couldn't do it
Ok the last two I could have done on the laptop but that would have meant getting out from under my warm blanket and getting my laptop. I sort of get the phone umbilical but she was going out to have fun with friends. Not going out to play on the phone.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter