Walking on Sunshine : Celebrating Spring at Universal & SeaWorld - an April/May 2016 PTR

Wow, that is quite a plushie! I can't wait to hear how that's getting home :D

:rotfl2: Can't wait to hear how that monster gets home. I think it might be a fish out of water sort of a story.

So the phone......
que music....dun, dun, dun
After a long visit at the store and a very helpful manager we discoverd that the phone was indeed fraudulently obtained. DD had been told by the seller that he had bought it from someone else then used it for a couple of months but really felt that an android was his thing. There's no way to determine if that is true or not. The store manager that was helping us spent a long time on the phone getting the little info that she could. She did find out that the phone had been purchased approx. 4 months ago at a third party store with fake id. The day we put the SIM in was the day of first use and the warranty kicked in. Once the carrier determines that a phone is fraud they lock it down and it is no longer useable...EVER. No way at all for them to help us out and get it working again. The person on the phone from corporate suggested that we go to the Apple store and see if they could do anything, the store manager agreed. Well low and behold when DD went to Apple they found 3 defects in the phone that were not fixable. They warrantied us a new phone. She felt like the guy was trying really hard to help.

Thankfully, all is right in Grumpy Cat's world. Although, you know how they say things happen in three's......she received a concussion two weeks ago and now the phone thing. What's the third? I do feel like the phone thing is mine though.

Oh, Queen of Stuffies. I am sure you gave the airport workers a good look. Safe travels my friend. Hope it is not raining when you land, as it's been a washed out day four us so far. Rain every day this week. Not my idea of May.

Dancin' - good to hear Grumpy finally got a phone she could use. What an ordeal. I hope the person who stole my DD's phone last year at school, couldn't use it either. We reported it stolen, so I hope they got nothing for their troubles.

:rotfl2: Can't wait to hear how that monster gets home. I think it might be a fish out of water sort of a story.

So the phone......
After a long visit at the store and a very helpful manager we discoverd that the phone was indeed fraudulently obtained. DD had been told by the seller that he had bought it from someone else then used it for a couple of months but really felt that an android was his thing. There's no way to determine if that is true or not. The store manager that was helping us spent a long time on the phone getting the little info that she could. She did find out that the phone had been purchased approx. 4 months ago at a third party store with fake id. The day we put the SIM in was the day of first use and the warranty kicked in. Once the carrier determines that a phone is fraud they lock it down and it is no longer useable...EVER. No way at all for them to help us out and get it working again. The person on the phone from corporate suggested that we go to the Apple store and see if they could do anything, the store manager agreed. Well low and behold when DD went to Apple they found 3 defects in the phone that were not fixable. They warrantied us a new phone. She felt like the guy was trying really hard to help.

Thankfully, all is right in Grumpy Cat's world. Although, you know how they say things happen in three's......she received a concussion two weeks ago and now the phone thing. What's the third? I do feel like the phone thing is mine though.

Glad to hear good news! You guys deserve this all to work out in a positive way!
Maybe Gina could use some fake id to get that dolphin on the plane!

Dancin' - good to hear Grumpy finally got a phone she could use. What an ordeal. I hope the person who stole my DD's phone last year at school, couldn't use it either. We reported it stolen, so I hope they got nothing for their troubles.
Ordeal is the perfect way to describe. I was feeling sick to my stomach all weekend thinking that we were out the money that was spent on this phone and that now I was going to have to spend more to get another one. It really is a 'need' now that she drives. Not to mention the drama and attitude coming from Grumpy Cat. I only sort of get what a big deal it is from her end. The mood swings....yikes.

Once the IMEI number has been flagged as lost/stolen or fraudulent the phone is dead as a phone but can still be used as a WiFi device if capable. There is no way to reverse it either.

Glad to hear good news! You guys deserve this all to work out in a positive way!
Maybe Gina could use some fake id to get that dolphin on the plane!
I think the TSA is better at catching fake ID's than cell phone companies. They would all end up having to stay in FL. Although, that sounds like fun, maybe I'll try it.

Hope you all made it home safely (unless one off youhad to stay behind while the Dolphin took your seat!?)

Oh WOW...... That dolphin is bigger than Jake o_O Can't wait to hear the saga of getting that baby home and how he got his hands on it to begin with!

So the phone......
After a long visit at the store and a very helpful manager we discoverd that the phone was indeed fraudulently obtained.

So happy to hear that App,e was able to step up and find a solution for you guys to get a replacement phone. That would be awful to have to dish out all that money for a new one. Pleasantly surprised they stepped up to help out:rolleyes:

Looking forward to reading this trip report. I read one of your reports from start to finish whilst flying over the Atlantic to Orlando last August.The flight seemed to pass really quickly and it was much more entertaining than the IFE on the plane :).

So happy to hear that App,e was able to step up and find a solution for you guys to get a replacement phone. That would be awful to have to dish out all that money for a new one. Pleasantly surprised they stepped up to help out:rolleyes:
I figure that Apple customer service is so good because you are paying for it in advance when you make a purchase from them. An IPhone costs them pennies to make but they charge you $700+. I honestly thought that going to the Apple store was going to be a wasted trip. I'm fairly certain that the phone is a refurb but it makes no difference. They will stand behind it. Needless to say, it was a huge relief when DD called and told me what happened.

I think the TSA is better at catching fake ID's than cell phone companies. They would all end up having to stay in FL. Although, that sounds like fun, maybe I'll try it.

Yes, we'll all come visit you at your new address c/o Florida Women's Reception Center. Sound like a nice welcoming place to stay, don't you think?

Oh my gracious that is enormous! I can't wait to hear how he won it and how you got that home (it's own plane? Lol) So excited to read your trip report/see all the fun pics.

The airport workers might start thinking you have some sort of plushie fetish lol

Can't wait to hear all about your trip.

I forget who mentioned Go Walk shoes, but I love mine! They are so light and have great arch support. Only problem is they stink really bad if they get caught in the rain. Seriously, I have never had a problem with shoes stinking so bad in my life. I suggest not wearing them if it's raining. My shoes were brand new in December when we went on or Disneyland trip. We got caught in a downpour and the smell was just awful!

Yes, we'll all come visit you at your new address c/o Florida Women's Reception Center. Sound like a nice welcoming place to stay, don't you think?
I think you misspelled 'reception'.....it's actually 'correction'
The address is Guantanamo,Cuba

Hey all, just checking in. It's our final night in Orlando.....we take to the skies at 10:27 am tomorrow morning en route back to Buffalo. The plan (assuming no delays at the border or on our commute) is to be home around dinner time.

Just after 8 pm tonight, we finally saw the first rain of our trip. A big, loud, and lightening-laced thunderstorm rolled in and wow, what a show we have had! Unfortunately, it derailed our plans for one final night in the hot tub to soothe our weary feet and legs :headache: but we have been SO lucky with the weather again this trip, you certainly won't hear us complaining.

@dancin Disney style , I hope you got the phone issues all worked out for Grumpy Cat. That sorely stinks. I swear Jake would DIE without cell service for an afternoon, let alone multiple days.

@ElenaJane , welcome home! I can't wait to hear about your trip!

To all of the rest of you, I have read each of your messages and have so much to share in a full-blown trip report! I have well over 1000 pictures to sort through first, though, so you may have to bear with me until I can get myself organized.

In the meantime, I thought you would get a chuckle out of how we started off our last full day of vacation. Yep, this happened:

I couldn't make this stuff up if I tried!! :rolleyes2

That is HUGE! :eek: How did you get it home with you? Didn't you have some Minion additions as well? :thumbsup2

Hope you guys are home safe and sound! :hug: Look forward to reading about your trip! ::yes::

Inquiring minds want to know.....what happened to the Giant Dolphin?! Can't wait for your TR to start!

Hey everyone! We are most definitely home (safe and sound), just a bit bogged down with the re-adjustment back to reality. Steve went back to work yesterday while Jake and I got back at it today .... though yesterday for me was as busy as a work day with groceries, banking, laundry and the balance of the unpacking. We also have some minor renovations starting on Monday, so I've been meeting with our painting contractor, arranging for the delivery of our new counter top, and picking out some fixtures. Life is never dull!

Once I sort through all my photos, a trip report will commence thereafter! Stay tuned!

Oh....and as for the dolphin.....well, the rest of that story will have to wait. Gotta give you a reason to keep coming back, right? ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter