We only live 8 hours away now, that means we can go once a month, right?! -- 7/19 Homecomin'

DAY 1 - BLT, Boathouse & Splitsville

We checked into our studio standard view at Bay Lake Tower, on the 12th floor:

33763963342_30dd6c467f_o_zps59rhopgv.jpg

This is the sleeping/living area, with the TV and little sitting table across from the bed/couch.

33108457613_4e9e425a5a_o_zpsf4bodtkh.jpg

The bathroom is just to your right when you walk in (the toilet was up when we walked in, don't worry, I'm not that gross):

33764695552_b26e511b16_o_zpsjzebm4qp.jpg

The kitchenette area is next, also to the right - it's very galley-like and has some shelving across from the area you see here. Honestly it felt like I was in an RV or something. Note that I have never been in an RV, I have just seen them on those shows my husband watches on Camping Channel or whatever it is.

33921209135_48991c9062_o_zpsjknbuocl.jpg

The kitchenette was overall kind of odd. The only full-length mirror was in the kitchen (to the far right of this photo, above the trash can). There was also a set of shelving (for food storage) across from the fridge, and there was a mirror above that as well.

The bathroom had virtually no storage or counter space, so I actually kept my makeup stuff in the kitchen and got ready in there.

BLT is overall one of the smaller or smallest studios, so I think if you have 4 people that's something to consider. It was definitely plenty of space for the two of us. We liked it and would definitely stay there again. You can't beat being that close to the Magic Kingdom and having all of the restaurant options along the monorail! I'll also note that there's not a lot of Disney theming - which is a positive or negative, depending on who you are! We didn't mind it.

We rested a bit and freshened up before our dinner in Disney Springs.

We had a reservation at 7, but headed to the buses around 5 so we could grab a drink and browse beforehand.

33077268694_90393a2fcd_o_zpsyjkm0fsc.jpg

We didn't wait too long and we were headed towards Disney Springs!

We weren't sure where to start so we decided on Jock Lindsey's, though it was pretty busy so we decided to switch to The Boathouse instead.

I have been wanting to eat here foreverrrrrr. Somehow with all of the other new places opening up, we've decided to try those instead. And Justin hates seafood, but once he saw their menu he said "Oh, we should come here sometime!" Sometimes men need to think of these things themselves, then it's like the best idea ever :rotfl: Hey, if it gets us there, I'm ok with it!

The Boathouse's bar area is pretty cool, we sat right next to all of the raw bar seafood that they prepare, so that was fun to see.

We were greeted by two or three really friendly bartenders who made us feel welcome!

I decided to start with a Funky Buddha Floridian Hefeweizen. The bartender said this is similar to a Blue Moon. I really liked it and I'll totally get this again sometime.

33077288264_eddc1b01e5_o_zpsqtwveh4p.jpg

Justin decided to start with his favorite, a Moscow Mule.

33078188874_70daa70cdb_o_zpsupm7iq88.jpg

They had a really nice cocktail and wine list, too. The Blueberry Lemonade sounded awesome!

33792217511_a24159ae24_o_zpszmjechhn.jpg

We chatted with the bartender Lee for a bit before deciding to head to Splitsville for our reservation and try one of their drinks, instead of having a second drink at the Boathouse. We were feeling our drinks a little (yes, we each only had one :laughing:) and saw that Splitsville's menu included huuuuge fishbowl drinks :banana: for $14.50!!! :eek:

On our way out we stopped to listen to the live music.. I love the live music at Disney Springs, and this guy was actually pretty great.

33077602024_7e008a43b5_o_zpshaky8v6l.jpg

We arrived maybe 10-15 minutes early for our meal and were seated right away. Splitsville is also a bowling alley, and the server mentioned that upstairs was even bigger with a ton of bars. We were sat between the bowling lanes on the first floor. We wouldn't be bowling, and there were a ton of empty tables in the area with a family or two bowling on either side of us.

It was odd to be seated there, but it was a bowling alley so that happens.

We decided to each start with a fun fishbowl drink.

Justin went with the Kool-Aid:
33535830420_47885685ae_o_zpsgj8mea73.jpg

33763946762_e34bd8bf82_o_zpsulzrfv0e.jpg

From their menu
33536676230_a82fd7153b_o_zpsiii30vwj.jpg

It's a "delicious mix of flavored rums with pineapple, cranberry, and orange juices. Guaranteed to put a smile on your face!"

I went with the Pink Passion:

33880416816_95377f0937_o_zpsvz9lamlv.jpg

"A luscious blend of flavored vodkas, triple sec, grenadine, and pineapple juice."

These were touted as being 18 oz for $14.50.

33880061876_f00ae6eea7_o_zpssjwfbvym.jpg

33536677820_74d62daf0b_o_zpsswgydm20.jpg

The glasses were frozen, so the drinks were really cold which was nice. We also decided to order quickly after that.

I went with the Crouching Dragon Roll.

33078009534_f6ed4f4415_o_zpsfcvn3ab7.jpg

Tempura shrimp, asparagus and avocado topped with spicy krab mix and drizzled with eel sauce, spicy mayo and sriracha $16.

Justin wanted a burger, so he decided to try The Mad King.

33535831190_d2884e37ba_o_zpsqnty1xa9.jpg

33764788732_0d08c91d53_o_zpsmpbtgfgl.jpg

The Mad King - The biggest burger in the land! A 21-oz, triple decker burger with double cheese, bacon and topped with onion rings $20.

For $20, this was a pretty good deal. His burger had three decently sized patties. He shared the onion rings with me, and they were pretty good. Nice and crunchy, not a greasy fried, more of a tempura batter.

Justin thought his burger was good, and the fries had a nice seasoning. It was huge, so he shared some of it with me, and some of it stayed behind.

We had really high hopes for the drinks, seeing as they were supposed to be pretty big. Unfortunately neither of us tasted any alcohol, nor did we feel much of a buzz. So those were kind of a let down, and just left my stomach feeling "bleh" from sucking down so much sugar! $30 later and we were wishing we would've stuck around for a second drink at the Boathouse.

I thought my sushi was fine, but I wouldn't go out of my way for it. I had a roll at Morimoto that was much better, but seeing as Morimoto is, well, Morimoto, it probably should be. It was really light on the shrimp, but the spicy sriracha and eel sauce were a nice kick.

After our meal, we kind of agreed that we think if it were busier and had more of a "bumpin" (Justin's words, not mine, ha!) atmosphere, maybe it would have been a little more fun? It was one of those meals where you leave and say "what did I just spend $75 on!?" -- But overall, we enjoyed the food and the drinks tasted good, even if they were really light on the liquor. The service was good as well! We'd maybe return back, and probably sit outside by the bar next time as opposed to in between the bowling lanes. It's kind of weird sitting in a nearly empty section of a restaurant.

Overall, one thumb up from us, not two, but not a bad meal!

We ended the night by watching Wishes from Top of the World Lounge. It would ultimately be my last Wishes viewing, so I was really glad we did it. It was a nice POV & we stopped at the bar for a drink beforehand. I think I just had a Blue Moon. It was so nice being able to walk back to our room afterwards!

Last edited:
:headache:

We stopped here too! I'm going to keep my comments to myself though since I haven't gotten to this part of my report yet though :)

Wait, let me back up. I AM going to comment on this because I LOVED this!!! I know you didn't but I thought it was great, I thought both the bratwurst and ketchup each had their own kick. And those chips, which I know are the same you can always get with the regular bratwurst, are excellent :cloud9:
Looking forward to seeing what you thought of BLT. Steve has been wanting to stay there but so far it hasn't happened.

I think I couldn't get past the texture of the skinless weiner to get on board with the yummy ketchup! I love those darn chips, I'm a sucker for any of Disney's housemade chips though.

We liked BLT, being on the monorail and walking to MK is heavenly. The studios are definitely small, I think they're actually the smallest of all of the DVC ones. I really found the living area to be fine, it was the bathroom and kitchenette that were odd! Literally no counter space in the bathroom. I liked it though, especially for the walk to MK.

Looks like a great first day in Epcot/MGM. Of course I'm totally loving the copious amounts of adult beverages!!!!!!! That slushy in particular looks great. I'm not normally a frozen drink fan, but I do love a slurpee so a slurpee with vodka - Yes. Please. And Thank You!

So disappointed we're missing flower and garden this year, but we will get to do food and wine. The hash you all got is still one of my favorite items from last year.

Right!! I really thought about adding some Bacardi or vodka to the lemonade. Would've been perfect. I love that darn hash, but I think if I had to do one I would always choose Food and Wine!

I can't believe you skipped the onion tart! That is my favorite (I know you know). At least you got the burnt end hash!

Good to know you can make boozy slushes now at Hollywood Studios. I know what I'm doing in September!

I know, I'm still sad about it, ha!! I walked past it probably four times. And even after you guys raved about it I still forgot about it!

Well - maybe next year you won't forget about that lovely onion tart ;).

Sorry your drinks were more sugar than alcohol. I can't say the same about my bowl drink from Planet Hollywood I had that evening! (and boy did I feel that!).

We've never gone out of our way for Splitsville - just when we were bowling or waiting to bowl there. I get the Gator Bite (it has grain alcohol and you can feel it!) and we stick to bar type food. I would hope Morimoto would have better sushi than a bowling alley!

DAY 2: Kona Cafe Breakfast

I hadn't planned on a breakfast ADR since our trip was so short but... how could I stay on the monorail and not eat breakfast at Kona at the Poly!?

We have only eaten here once, in November 2015, but the pineapple macadamia pancakes changed my life! I have been wanting them ever since.

We woke up decently early in an effort to shuffle over to the monorail ride over to the Poly. I've heard some complaints about having to walk across the bridge to get to the Contempo Cafe, the monorail, and all of the other restaurants at the Contemporary. I think the bridge is super easy and convenient, and nothing beats this view early in the morning.

33921215455_5c82f08a8f_o_zpsb189v9gi.jpg

Seriously, I love the early morning feel at WDW. It's brisk and chilly, the grass is dewy, and the sun's just barely up. It's just so peaceful, the calm before the crazy.

We arrived right on time for our 8:00 ADR and we didn't wait more than 5 minutes before we got a text that our table was ready.

Since we'd eaten here once before, we had a "Welcome Back" card waiting for us - so nice!

33764138672_3ded50dae4_o_zpsulsqrwfi.jpg

I had an internal debate on whether I should order the pineapple macadamia pancakes, or the Samoan. I always see photos of the Samoan and I think it sounds delicious. I can do savory or sweet at breakfast, although when I go out for breakfast I almost always get savory. I tried to nudge Justin towards the Samoan (how selfish of me), but he wasn't picking up what I was putting down. I contemplated getting it for a few minutes, but then I thought to myself, you have been craving these pancakes for over a year, you HAVE to get them or you'll be sad you didn't. So I did! It comes with a choice of sausage, ham, or bacon. I chose sausage.

33535769810_a86e2d7dca_o_zpsclumug79.jpg

Oh no! Looks like my butter took a tumble....

It was no problem and I scooped it back up and plopped it back on top, spreading around with the pineapple for a mess of pineapple-y, buttery goodness... :love:

33078178494_2005c07c1c_o_zps2f7czqza.jpg

I also had water & coffee to drink.

Justin decided to go with the French toast. His came with a choice of sausage, ham, or bacon, and he chose sausage as well. He had a Diet Coke to drink.

33880416226_a890c90c65_o_zpsvwm1tiv2.jpg

We both really enjoyed our meals. Justin's French toast seemed a little skimpy and wasn't like a real, fluffy bread but more of just a sandwich bread. He liked it, but he was hungry by the time 11 or 12 rolled around.

I couldn't muster more than half of these pancakes, but they are downright delicious.

33921238045_eab7ec34ff_o_zpsaundqej5.jpg

Per usual, the service wasn't great at Kona. Our server was nice & brought us each a flower lei since we were return guests, which was cute. But then as we ate she disappeared and we didn't see her for what felt like ages. And then once we had our bill, we waited for ages again. I don't think either of us was offered a drink refill. The usual mediocre Kona service we all know and love! Regardless, this is a great pre-MK breakfast option and I'll return again and again. And I will probably always get these pancakes. :thumbsup2

We spent our morning at Magic Kingdom:

33077408404_f7e974ca95_o_zpsjovuujim.jpg

I think we did some FP's, I know we walked right on Buzz since it was shortly after Rope Drop!

And I know we did Haunted Mansion with a FP, and stopped to see the new Presidents show:

33880395686_f737968699_o_zps86lflayh.jpg

Super cute and I recommend stopping to see it if you're passing by!

Right around 11, Justin suggested heading to AK since it was getting pretty crowded and we hadn't been there in a while!

Last edited:
Well - maybe next year you won't forget about that lovely onion tart ;).

Sorry your drinks were more sugar than alcohol. I can't say the same about my bowl drink from Planet Hollywood I had that evening! (and boy did I feel that!).

We've never gone out of our way for Splitsville - just when we were bowling or waiting to bowl there. I get the Gator Bite (it has grain alcohol and you can feel it!) and we stick to bar type food. I would hope Morimoto would have better sushi than a bowling alley!

Haha, one day I swear I'll try it. And they'll probably change it up or something!

After hearing about and seeing your Planet Hollywood drink, it definitely wins the big bowl drink category! I would probably do Splitsville again if bowling or sitting outside at the bar. Like you said, bar food-wise, not bad. But yeah, Morimoto was way better for sushi.

That drink LOOKS fun. But what a bummer it was so weak :(

It was fun to drink, but yeah, definitely a bummer that it wasn't strong in the least! I expected to be all kinds of tipsy!

And Justin hates seafood, but once he saw their menu he said "Oh, we should come here sometime!"
This is how I felt about Boathouse until I actually ate there. Loved it! Can't wait to go back but there are a couple other new places in DS I want to try, too.

Sometimes men need to think of these things themselves, then it's like the best idea ever :rotfl:
:sad2: Amen, Sista. Preaching to the choir on that. And it doesn't get any better as they get older, it just gets worse.................

Since we'd eaten here once before, we had a "Welcome Back" card waiting for us - so nice!
We just got one of them on our trip last month, too! Such a cute touch.

The usual mediocre Kona service we all know and love!

Seriously, what is it about Kona? Do they just put all their slowest servers who can't hack it elsewhere at this one location?!

At least you got your pancake fix. Glad they didn't disappoint! :)

Oh, Kona, the disney breakfast mecca!!!!!!!! Service may be horrific but the food is always worth it. We'll have to figure out how to eat there together sometime so I can get the Samoan and share with you unlike Justin :-) I'm like you with the pancakes, once I found it there was no looking back.

DAY 2: FLAME TREE BBQ & SANAA

Justin suggested heading to AK as wait times began to climb at Magic Kingdom, and I agreed. Since we hadn't been there in a good while, we wanted to check things out. We would be seeing Rivers of Light (FI-NA-LLY) the next day, and we were pretty excited about that.

We ran around AK for a bit before stopping for "lunch" aka trying a new snack at Flame Tree BBQ. We've actually never eaten here before, but after seeing their pulled pork fries on the Dis (or maybe it was Facebook?) Justin decided he had to try them.

They have some great options on their menu. Definitely a good value if you're using a QS credit.

33791637831_1e90997ff9_o_zpsidns1inb.jpg

33791403341_9286803f45_o_zpsqlvdjlva.jpg

Mandarin Orange Vodka Lemonade...... gimme dat! How did I miss this!? This is my kinda drink!

These are $6.49, or a snack on the Disney Dining plan, which is a great deal if you ask me! We don't use the plan very often (actually considering it in July for something different), but I know you used to be able to swap out a drink or dessert for a snack item.. not sure if that's possible anymore now that they took the dessert away, but if it is, this is definitely a good option for that. We got 20% off with our AP which is always appreciated.

33108045363_8098553d7a_o_zpstbomvcto.jpg

We really, really enjoyed these. Then again I never met something smothered in cheese that I didn't like. They had a ton of pork on them, and it was all very juicy and tender. There was a LOT of meat on these, and they were definitely a bargain. The cheese was a delicious, mild, gooey cheese that we all know and love.

33536677120_fdfc36449e_o_zpsmo9bbj0k.jpg

So while these aren't gourmet, they are definitely a yummy little snack. Would've gone great with a cold beer! Or one of those mandarin vodka lemonades.

We explored a bit more, taking a ride out to Rafiki's Planet Watch and meeting with all of the barnyard animals. I could take Justin to a petting zoo and he'd have a blast. He loves animals (his current obsession is North Woods Law, a show on Animal Planet about park rangers in Maine).

Exhibit A: Justin on eye level, taking pictures of goats.

33536486720_5be25cb396_o_zpsaqr0yda4.jpg

And here he is, probably explaining to me about a farm animal! (To be honest one of the goats was pooping right in front of us so that's probably what he's pointing at)

33108057993_c077f06e48_o_zpszj466sjt.jpg

We also walked through the gorilla area, we wanted to get on the safari but the wait was 90 minutes!

It was really hot that day so we ducked into Creature Comforts aka Starbucks to cool off and grab some water. Fortunately they had self-serve dispensers with ice water and cups available. Best believe I filled up my water bottle.

We saw this guy from Tarzan, I think his name is Cheeta!?

33921454095_431719d498_o_zpsgrfexbqh.jpg

After a little while we decided we needed something more for lunch and made an impromptu trip over to Sanaa at Animal Kingdom Lodge (Kidani). It was a Saturday afternoon and the restaurant was quite busy, so they weren't taking walk ups. Which was kinda surprising? Maybe not? I'm not sure. Either way we planned to sit at the bar/lounge area.

Justin had a Diet Coke and I ordered a pomegranate lemonade. I love this lemonade, although some places have it and some don't, it seems.

We had GREAT company at the bar, I wish I remembered the bartender's name but he was funny and sweet and cranked out a lot of drinks for the servers that afternoon. The bar has maybe 4-5 tables in addition to the bar seating, so there were a few families sitting at the tables in there as well.

We decided on the bread service. I drool over this every time I see someone's photos! We eat Naan a lot at home, but it's usually of the grocery store variety. And we often make pizzas out of it.

We decided on the bread service, with all five breads and nine dips.

(I apologize for the bad lighting - the bar was pretty dark)

33108849323_b4d1e26034_o_zps2axrlga5.jpg

The five breads include traditional naan, garlic-ginger naan, spiced naan, onion kulcha, and pappadum.

The nine dips include Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chuntey, Garlic Pickle, Red Chile Sambal, or Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle

I'm laughing to myself because I copied and pasted this from the Disney website and it says "Chuntey".

33880570516_8170821302_o_zpsr1frajcg.jpg

If I tried hard enough I could probably recite which one is which. What I do know is I love the cucumber raita (far left on the bottom). It's like a tangy yogurt with cucumbers in it. I also really like the dark green, which I think is coriander chutney, on the top right. I kinda sample all the rest too, I generally stick with the middle of the road ones. Unfortunately the garlic pickle (next to the green one) is too spicy for me!

Justin really liked the second from the top left, which is the second spiciest. He ate a lot of the pretty spicy ones.

The breads are all wonderful. The naan is nicely grilled and has a little bit of oil on the bottom from cooking which just adds to the deliciousness. The naans are my favorite but I also really enjoy the onion and cheese one which I think is the kulcha (it is the darker one in the photo).

Overall we had a great experience here! After lunch we got up from our table and I totally forgot the hat I had been wearing, I think I had set it down on the seat next to me. Well I had gone into the bathroom once we got up from the table, and Justin had my hat in his hand when I came out. The bartender came to find us after we left! So nice.

We waited a whopping 47 MINUTES for a bus to MK afterwards. It was comical, and thankfully we didn't have anywhere to be. About 8 buses came from HS and AK, a handful for Epcot, and a few for DS. We were the only ones there for about 40 minutes, then a family came with their young daughter. And of course as the bus pulls up for MK, a couple families run up to get right on before we could even stand up from the waiting area. I know that kinda stuff happens, but they must have been at Jambo beforehand because like 5 people got off and 15 crammed their way on before us. Thankfully we, and the family with the little girl, were able to get on, but it was touch and go and I thought the family that had been waiting with us wasn't going to get a seat!

We headed back to BLT to relax in the cool air conditioned room for a few hours before our very first DisMeet, or as my husband originally thought, Ashley gets catfished by her internet friends. Spoiler alert, my friends were real just like I told him they would be.:banana:

That's so sweet! I didn't know they did that. Of course, I've never been there.

I had an internal debate on whether I should order the pineapple macadamia pancakes, or the Samoan. I always see photos of the Samoan and I think it sounds delicious. I can do savory or sweet at breakfast, although when I go out for breakfast I almost always get savory. I tried to nudge Justin towards the Samoan (how selfish of me), but he wasn't picking up what I was putting down. I contemplated getting it for a few minutes, but then I thought to myself, you have been craving these pancakes for over a year, you HAVE to get them or you'll be sad you didn't. So I did! It comes with a choice of sausage, ham, or bacon. I chose sausage.

33535769810_a86e2d7dca_o_zpsclumug79.jpg

I don't like pancakes generally, but these always look SO GOOD! Someday, I will convince my husband to go here. I know he would love the tonga toast.

33880416226_a890c90c65_o_zpsvwm1tiv2.jpg

We both really enjoyed our meals. Justin's French toast seemed a little skimpy and wasn't like a real, fluffy bread but more of just a sandwich bread. He liked it, but he was hungry by the time 11 or 12 rolled around.

That just looks like toast. How disappointing.

We decided on the bread service. I drool over this every time I see someone's photos! We eat Naan a lot at home, but it's usually of the grocery store variety. And we often make pizzas out of it.

We decided on the bread service, with all five breads and nine dips.

(I apologize for the bad lighting - the bar was pretty dark)

The five breads include traditional naan, garlic-ginger naan, spiced naan, onion kulcha, and pappadum.

The nine dips include Roasted Red Pepper Hummus, Mango Chutney, Tomato-Date Jam, Tamarind Chutney, Coriander Chuntey, Garlic Pickle, Red Chile Sambal, or Spicy Jalapeño-Lime Pickle

I'm laughing to myself because I copied and pasted this from the Disney website and it says "Chuntey".

Haha...chuntey. I really want to try this sometime, though I'm not sure I would like a lot of the dips. It just always looks so good!

Finally catching up on your wonderful new report! If I only lived 8 hrs from WDW I would want to go every month too!Congratulations on all the new beginnings in your life, early married life is such a nice time together. Looking forward to reading about all your adventures!

I need those pork fries in my life. Too bad I won't be at Animal Kingdom until September!

At least I get that bread service in 5 days when we have dinner at Sanaa! I'm with your husband on loving that red Chile Sambel. That one and the raita are my favorites!

You totally got catfished ;)

33791403341_9286803f45_o_zpsqlvdjlva.jpg

Mandarin Orange Vodka Lemonade...... gimme dat! How did I miss this!? This is my kinda drink!
How did you miss this???? How did I miss this???? And more importantly how did you not get this!!! Sounds delicious

We really, really enjoyed these. Then again I never met something smothered in cheese that I didn't like. They had a ton of pork on them, and it was all very juicy and tender. There was a LOT of meat on these, and they were definitely a bargain. The cheese was a delicious, mild, gooey cheese that we all know and love.
I've never seen these on the menu either (probably because my eyes are always on the onion rings). They look delicious. I'll have to give these a whirl with my vodka drink

Ahhhhh!!!!!! Pure bread perfection

I had to read this a few times because I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. :-)

We waited a whopping 47 MINUTES for a bus to MK afterwards. It was comical, and thankfully we didn't have anywhere to be. About 8 buses came from HS and AK, a handful for Epcot, and a few for DS. We were the only ones there for about 40 minutes, then a family came with their young daughter.
That is ridiculous!!!!!!! We stayed at AKL on our last trip and with one exception didn't have any issues. Maybe its different at Kidani?

This is how I felt about Boathouse until I actually ate there. Loved it! Can't wait to go back but there are a couple other new places in DS I want to try, too.

:sad2: Amen, Sista. Preaching to the choir on that. And it doesn't get any better as they get older, it just gets worse.................

We just got one of them on our trip last month, too! Such a cute touch.

Lol, it's so true.. men!! I'm ok with it if eventually he thinks my ideas are good ones but I'm like "I told you this a thousand times!"

I am trying to decide if we'd rather do Boathouse as a quick lunch, or as a signature meal!? It's like it has two aspects to it with such a wide variety on the menu.

Seriously, what is it about Kona? Do they just put all their slowest servers who can't hack it elsewhere at this one location?!

At least you got your pancake fix. Glad they didn't disappoint! :)

I swear they must! I think every review I read, the service is slow!

Is it bad I totally forgot about that quote? I should have included it! I'm just so used to quips like that from her or my husband that I forget them quickly! David just can't even!

It was great meeting you and your husband!

Hahaha, it was a hoot! Comically bad. It was great meeting you guys too!!

Oh, Kona, the disney breakfast mecca!!!!!!!! Service may be horrific but the food is always worth it. We'll have to figure out how to eat there together sometime so I can get the Samoan and share with you unlike Justin :-) I'm like you with the pancakes, once I found it there was no looking back.

Yes!!! Someday, and we can have our Samoan fix + the pancakes! Perfection!

That's so sweet! I didn't know they did that. Of course, I've never been there.

I don't like pancakes generally, but these always look SO GOOD! Someday, I will convince my husband to go here. I know he would love the tonga toast.

That just looks like toast. How disappointing.

Haha...chuntey. I really want to try this sometime, though I'm not sure I would like a lot of the dips. It just always looks so good!

I am not a huge sweet breakfast eater, but those pancakes are just to die for. I love anything with pineapple though! The Tonga Toast looks amazing too!

I was nervous we wouldn't like some of them too, but there are so many that there's such a good variety!

Finally catching up on your wonderful new report! If I only lived 8 hrs from WDW I would want to go every month too!Congratulations on all the new beginnings in your life, early married life is such a nice time together. Looking forward to reading about all your adventures!

Thank you so much! Things are crazy with a lot going on, but lots of fun!

I need those pork fries in my life. Too bad I won't be at Animal Kingdom until September!

At least I get that bread service in 5 days when we have dinner at Sanaa! I'm with your husband on loving that red Chile Sambel. That one and the raita are my favorites!

You totally got catfished ;)

I know, right! I want them again. Perfect afternoon snack. Have fun on your next trip!

How did you miss this???? How did I miss this???? And more importantly how did you not get this!!! Sounds delicious

I've never seen these on the menu either (probably because my eyes are always on the onion rings). They look delicious. I'll have to give these a whirl with my vodka drink

Ahhhhh!!!!!! Pure bread perfection

I had to read this a few times because I couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. :-)

That is ridiculous!!!!!!! We stayed at AKL on our last trip and with one exception didn't have any issues. Maybe its different at Kidani?

I have no idea!!! You must try it and report back!! I've got it on my list for next time. I imagine that mandarin vodka lemonade goes great with pork and cheese fries :love:

I didn't mind just sitting there for a few minutes waiting for a bus, but after 25-30 minutes we were like ok, what the heck!? And they had the bus times posted on the TV, and it just kept creeping up and up, like 2-3 minutes at a time.. so I figured something happened, or maybe it kept filling up at Jambo!? Either way it was nothing like I have ever experienced! Crazy. We stayed at Kidani for 3 nights in November 2015 and we didn't have any bus craziness.

Ashley!!!!!!!!!! I missed you!!!!!!!!! :wave:
What awesome reports! (Actually, this is SO BAD- my next trip is only planned for another year and a half and your reports are making me wanna go back sooner!)

Loving every single thing here and can't wait for more!

And BTW-

it's actually a her and her name is Turk :rotfl2:
(I should know, Tarzan is one of my favorite movies!)

So good to find you here again!

Ashley!!!!!!!!!! I missed you!!!!!!!!! :wave:
What awesome reports! (Actually, this is SO BAD- my next trip is only planned for another year and a half and your reports are making me wanna go back sooner!)

Loving every single thing here and can't wait for more!

And BTW-

it's actually a her and her name is Turk :rotfl2:
(I should know, Tarzan is one of my favorite movies!)

So good to find you here again!

DeeDee WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN GURL!? I've missed you round these parts!!!!

I am so glad you have another trip planned!!! Yay!!! Where are you planning to stay??

I have no idea how I got that wrong, LOL.. I googled it and everything. :rotfl2:

I'm impossibly behind. But catching up!

(the toilet was up when we walked in, don't worry, I'm not that gross):
:rotfl:

The kitchenette area is next, also to the right - it's very galley-like and has some shelving across from the area you see here. Honestly it felt like I was in an RV or something.
Hey, I spy a full size coffee pot, anything beyond that is just gravy. I do like the design though - very modern!

Great picture of you two! You both look great!!

I decided to start with a Funky Buddha Floridian Hefeweizen. The bartender said this is similar to a Blue Moon. I really liked it and I'll totally get this again sometime.
Ah, one of my favorites.:love: This beer just says "Disney" to me!
saw that Splitsville's menu included huuuuge fishbowl drinks :banana: for $14.50!!! :eek:
Woop woop!

It was odd to be seated there, but it was a bowling alley so that happens.
Um... yeah, that's weird.

We also decided to order quickly after that.
Good call with the large drinks! Except after reading more... maybe not. Boo.

The Mad King - The biggest burger in the land! A 21-oz, triple decker burger with double cheese, bacon and topped with onion rings $20.
Holy cow that does look like the biggest burger in the land! Yummy!

We had really high hopes for the drinks, seeing as they were supposed to be pretty big. Unfortunately neither of us tasted any alcohol, nor did we feel much of a buzz. So those were kind of a let down, and just left my stomach feeling "bleh" from sucking down so much sugar!
Oh no, that is the WORST! I hate sugary drinks with no booze. That's always my fear at Disney but usually this doesn't happen. Glad to know that Splitsville is guilty of this so I don't make the same mistake you did!

We'd maybe return back, and probably sit outside by the bar next time as opposed to in between the bowling lanes. It's kind of weird sitting in a nearly empty section of a restaurant.
Well, that's not exactly a ringing endorsement but I am glad it wasn't awful. I've heard such good things about Splitsville that I was halfway considering it in the future. Glad to know one of my dining comrades with similar tastes has reviewed it so that I don't have to!

Nice! We did not get one of these when I was there with KJ but I'll try to control my jealousy. You're brave putting your Ohana name on the interwebs! Don't you know you could get catfished by internet strangers?!

I contemplated getting it for a few minutes, but then I thought to myself, you have been craving these pancakes for over a year, you HAVE to get them or you'll be sad you didn't. So I did!
That happens to me too but i am so glad you went with your craving. Btw, totally get the Samoan as well next time and just get a to go box. The Samoan is my craving item from Kona and I frequently make variations of the Samoan (hash, arugula, eggs) on the weekends!

UM SO YUM. I gotta get this! As you said, GIMME DAT!!!

:rotfl: It's Terk. But Tarzan's original sidekick from the old movies was Cheeta! We can blame the Great Movie Ride for leading you astray.

The bartender came to find us after we left! So nice.
That's awesome and I am so glad y'all had a great experience in the Sanaa lounge. It's one of my favorite places on earth! That bread service :cloud9:

We headed back to BLT to relax in the cool air conditioned room for a few hours before our very first DisMeet, or as my husband originally thought, Ashley gets catfished by her internet friends. Spoiler alert, my friends were real just like I told him they would be.:banana:
Or so you think... we're still fake... MUAHAHA. Can't wait to read about your awesome service from David!!!

I keep reading your updates and forgetting to comment, so I'm going to try to get caught up on your latest trip.
These were touted as being 18 oz for $14.50.

Don't you just love paying $14 for $2 worth of alcohol. They look good though.

I went with the Crouching Dragon Roll.

33078009534_f6ed4f4415_o_zpsfcvn3ab7.jpg

Tempura shrimp, asparagus and avocado topped with spicy krab mix and drizzled with eel sauce, spicy mayo and sriracha $16.

Justin wanted a burger, so he decided to try The Mad King.

33535831190_d2884e37ba_o_zpsqnty1xa9.jpg

33764788732_0d08c91d53_o_zpsmpbtgfgl.jpg
I can't get over that giant piece of asparagus sticking out of the roll. That burger looks like a delicious heart attack on a plate!

Yum!!! Those look so good. I definitely want to try the somoan too.

33536677120_fdfc36449e_o_zpsmo9bbj0k.jpg
Pulled pork, plastic cheese and fries=perfection! That's really a good deal though. You could easily make those a meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter