• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

What did you bake today ? OK if not from scratch

Yesterday was cosmic brownies and Millionaire's shortbread. Today is banana muffins and carrot cake.

The muffins get frozen and most of the other baked good will be dropped off to friends/colleagues.
These all sound amazing! Good luck to you today, even though it sounds like you dont need it!

Not a sweet bake but still a "baked" recipe--I made the lasagna yesterday from Palo on Disney Cruise Line. It was seriously life changingly good. My husband and three kids all were gushing about how much better it was than any lasagna they've ever had (gee thanks kids, but yeah, even I'll admit my old family lasgna recipe just doesn't hold a candle to Palo's.

Then again, it took 3 hours to make, so not going to be a very frequent recipe in our house for sure! Recipe is here for anyone who wants to devote an entire afternoon to cooking. But totally worth it. Gosh that was amazing.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/food-drink-recipe-collection/

Do pancakes count? Loving Trader Joe’s Ube Mochi pancake mix! Who doesn’t love chewy purple pancakes that tastes like cookies n cream ice cream? Oh, that’s right, my oldest doesn’t :confused3

Last night I baked a salmon and I decided to mixed pesto (store bought) with some soft butter and layered it on top before baking it. Happy to say that it was a hit with the family. My DDs are always making brownies or CC cookies, I think we have used our oven more in the last couple of month's than in the previous year. LOL

Another comfort baker here. I've mostly done pies and tarts lately, but I've had requests for bread, so will give that a go this week.

Not a sweet bake but still a "baked" recipe--I made the lasagna yesterday from Palo on Disney Cruise Line. It was seriously life changingly good. My husband and three kids all were gushing about how much better it was than any lasagna they've ever had (gee thanks kids, but yeah, even I'll admit my old family lasgna recipe just doesn't hold a candle to Palo's.

Then again, it took 3 hours to make, so not going to be a very frequent recipe in our house for sure! Recipe is here for anyone who wants to devote an entire afternoon to cooking. But totally worth it. Gosh that was amazing.

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/menus/food-drink-recipe-collection/
:laughing: You lost me at julienned eggplant peel and making 3 kinds of sauces but BRAVO!! I bet it was lovely. :cloud9:

I did buy bagels today and I'll slice and toast them myself, giving it that "homemade" touch! ;)

Chocolate cheese cake for my daughter’s birthday tomorrow. Going to put brownie pieces on top since she doesn’t like fruit.

No, seriously. This thing was the easiest recipe ever. It took about 5 minutes to mix BY HAND, 12 hours in the fridge; another 2 rising in the microwave (not turned on, just the door ajar to get the heat from the light), and then 30 minutes in the oven. I spent maybe 15 minutes total effort on it; 20 if you count clean up.

https://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/easy-no-knead-focaccia
Thank you for this recipe! I love focaccia but have always been intimidated to try to make it but this recipe looks doable, even for me. 😊

Making fried pickles from Carnation Cafe today. Also churro white chocolate cookies. Maybe another batch of lemon squares since we gave away much of the first.

I made the Disney carrot cake cookies the other day and they are delicious! I will say that I had to add a lot of extra 10x sugar to the cream cheese filling part of the recipe, otherwise it would have been way too runny. Plus it never hurts to have a good amount of cream cheese icing in the middle. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter