Where did you eat in Vancouver?

That's right next to our hotel, but alas, is also listed as "No" in the "Good for Kids" category of Yelp. Did you have kids with you?

I would not take kids to CinCin. I've only been there once, my DH took me for my 30th birthday. Not kid friendly, great for an expensive adult meal though :)

I wasn't impressed with Tim Horton's. I'd really been looking forward to it when we stayed in Vancouver, but I found it's pretty much a basic coffee shop, and the doughnuts, IMO, aren't all that great. The sandwich I had was dry and the cost for the food was more than I felt the product warranted.

During our land tour in Alaska, our tour guide got Tim Horton's doughnut holes, and passed them out. Again, just your basic doughnut hole.

Sorry, I don't give it a recommendation.

Tims is indeed a basic shop, but most will be, compared to the vast amount fast food in the US right. Pretty much all food out tends to be more expensive here, I can't get over how cheap fast food is over there. I do prefer their donuts over Dunkin' etc though.

With kids, This Old Spaghetti Factory is good (I know someone above didn't like it, but we've been going there for years and never had a bad meal- they make all the sauces and soups from scratch- nothing fancy)

Carderos is a nice walk along the water front- not cheap, but not super expensive either.
Steamworks is a fun pub with craft beer, I'm not sure if kids are allowed but my meals there have always been good.
Sciue's is a super yummy cafe I generally have breakfast at when I'm working in Vancouver (I stay at the Fairmont Waterfront next door to Canada Place)

how could i have forgotten white spot??? we went to the one on dunsmuir and homer, but looking at google maps now i see there's one closer to canada place.

anyway, we had breakfast there both mornings before our cruise. good food (bacon & eggs, the usual offerings), solid service. they had crayons and coloring sheets to entertain the kids.

highly recommend.

Thoughts....
Going further away from the cruise terminal....

Last edited:
White Spot is always our go-to restaurant if we want to go somewhere that will please everyone in our group because there is definitely something for everyone!

With kids, This Old Spaghetti Factory is good (I know someone above didn't like it, but we've been going there for years and never had a bad meal- they make all the sauces and soups from scratch- nothing fancy)

I don't like OSF in Vancouver either (like the other poster).

It's the ONE exception to "food is better anywhere but the US" rule that I have. I grew up with OSF in the States, and the menu is different here than the one in Vancouver, and I prefer the menu in the states. I mean, you don't have Creamy Pesto dressing (at least the times I've gone there), and that's just sad. If you go to one in the states, try the creamy pesto dressing for the salad.

Red Robin, however, has a spectacular menu in Vancouver vs the ones in the US.

I don't like OSF in Vancouver either (like the other poster).

It's the ONE exception to "food is better anywhere but the US" rule that I have. I grew up with OSF in the States, and the menu is different here than the one in Vancouver, and I prefer the menu in the states. I mean, you don't have Creamy Pesto dressing (at least the times I've gone there), and that's just sad. If you go to one in the states, try the creamy pesto dressing for the salad.

Red Robin, however, has a spectacular menu in Vancouver vs the ones in the US.

Weird I thought This Old Spaghetti Factory was only in Canada, started in Gastown, Vancouver

How is Red Robin different? We were specifically avoiding it. It's not that I don't like it, but I was kind of thinking, "we have that at home!" :P

Someone mentioned Cardero's and it's on our list.

Has anyone been to the Teahouse in Stanley Park? I'm intrigued and thinking about having lunch there on our day spent in Stanley Park. If you've eaten there, do you recommend reservations?

In addition to the aforementioned, also on our list are: Earl’s, Milestone’s, Fish Shack, The Mill Marine Bistro.

Does anyone have any experience with any of the above?

We will need a lunch, dinner, and breakfast. Staying at Canada Place area and won't have a car. I'd like to be able to walk. Looking for lunch and breakfast on the cheap. Willing to spend a bit more on dinner, but nothing fancy at all.

Thoughts?

White Spot. There's one about a mile from where you are, for sure. May be a closer one. Can't go wrong with breakfast, lunch or dinner there. That was our favorite place we ate during the whole trip that wasn't on the ship.

How is Red Robin different? We were specifically avoiding it. It's not that I don't like it, but I was kind of thinking, "we have that at home!" :P

Someone mentioned Cardero's and it's on our list.

Has anyone been to the Teahouse in Stanley Park? I'm intrigued and thinking about having lunch there on our day spent in Stanley Park. If you've eaten there, do you recommend reservations?

In addition to the aforementioned, also on our list are: Earl’s, Milestone’s, Fish Shack, The Mill Marine Bistro.

Does anyone have any experience with any of the above?
We've eaten at Earl's at another location (Jasper) and enjoyed it. It's family-friendly and the menu is diverse enough that everyone in my family - even the picky eaters - found something they enjoyed. The sticky toffee pudding for dessert was amazing!

Earls and Milestones are chains, they are both pretty decent and have a good variety on their menus. Milestones also does a great breakfast/brunch. Prime Rib Hash.....soooo yummy!!

White Spot is very good, my DD(10) favourite. But hands down the best place by Canada Place would be the Old Spaghetti Factory in gas town, may be a 5 minute walk. full meal including soup / salad, bread, pasta, desert and drink is $15 - $20 each.

If picking between Earl's and Milestones I'd go with Milestones in a second. While I've never been to either in Vancouver I've been to several of them across the country and much prefer Milestones - plus thier brunch is absolutely killer! But (full disclosure) I don't have kids and besides one visit to Milestones with my nephew when he was about 3 weeks old I've never been to either with kids so take that for what it's worth.

It depends on what your are looking for. Milestones is a chain. it's probably one of the better chains, but it is still a chain. There is so many other good options in Vancouver without going to a chain. But an advantage of Milestones is that they will have a Kids Menu.

-Cactus Club, Specifically the one in Coal Harbor near the terminal. Views are unbeatable and their Sable fish is an amazing Entree that is only available at a couple Cactus Clubs.
DSC00796.-2416884023-O.jpg

-Bestie, it's a little off the way but very worth it if you have the time. German currywurst is their main thing here. The fries and curry ketchup is amazing! Not to mention they make all their varieties of Bratwurst in house.
Bestie-Inner-620x348.jpg
bestie4.jpg

-The Eatery, amazing sushi place with the coolest vibe. They even have a giant Bruce the shark hanging from the roof. Sushi rolls here are amazing and the drinks are very fun.
Eatery_restaurant.jpg

-Gyu Kaku, is a grill your own Japanese/Korean BBQ restaurant. You get a flame grill in the middle of your table and you order whatever meats you want ranging from different steaks, lamb, chicken, pork and seafood. Very delicious and good on the budget. Also a neat experience. Hint: Check their Happy hour times as most dishes go 50% off during these hours. Meats range from $4-$10.
o.jpg

-The Keg, nice simple steakhouse chain... Can't really go wrong here.

-Santouka Ramen, as you can tell Vancouver is full of incredible Asian food due to the population. This is a ramen noodle chain from Japan, but its nothing like the ones you make at home. Lines are long but DO NOT miss this place! Food is amazing and a great price.
santouka-5.jpg

Santouka-Ramen.jpg

Had one for years and years and years in Downtown Atlanta. that said, it has been out of business I expect for over a decade.
We've been eating at the one in Nashville for at least 15 years. We were actually looking at the one in Vancouver bc it's something we know we all like.

We've been eating at the one in Nashville for at least 15 years. We were actually looking at the one in Vancouver bc it's something we know we all like.

Nothing against Old Spaghetti Factory or White Spot but with all of the great places to eat in Vancouver personal I would and have skipped both of those.

Last edited:
Reactions: MUN
I looked it up and we ate at Yakiniku Chosun which is a Japanese bbq just off of Robson and Jervis Streets. It was very good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter