Why does everyone hate the All Stars

Most I've seen who dislike the All Stars seem to have much more $'s than I do. They compare the All Stars to the moderates and quite often deluxe's. For them, money isn't an issue and they want the niceties that money can buy. For us the Values have been perfect for us. I do not lump them into a Motel 6 type hotel that some who dislike them do. No comparison to me. We do not eat in the food court very often but I've found the All Stars better than many of the moderate and deluxe counter service.

I don't mind Music or Movies. The only All Star I really hate is Sports. Too many kids running all over the place making way too much noise. If its for a quick, cheap trip I really don't mind the other two. The food courts are ok and the buses aren't my favorite during the day since they all share but I hardly spend time at my resort so it's not that bad. But as I said I hate Sports, stayed there once, never would again. No matter how good the price is.

People just like different things. If you like the AS, then stay there and don't worry about what other people like.

We haven't had any issues with the values, and we prefer the AS over Pop (haven't stayed at Sports tho). However, the only large group we've ever encountered there was a HS band, it appeared to be only one band, and they were well behaved/well supervised. We only saw them in the food court. This was at Music, and they apparently were not staying in the same section we were in. We haven't had any issues with the food courts, but we only ate there at breakfast and it was early. We did run into a HUGE group of dance teams at CBR on trip, we saw them at the bus stop, at the pool and the food court.

No coffee maker doesn't bother us, we don't like Disney coffee. We bring an electric tea kettle and a french press no matter where we stay.

Room size is the reason we don't stay at values any more. We just can't fit 4 of us in one room comfortably, so we are staying offsite in a 3-bedroom condo for less than the price of a value.

I enjoyed our stay last year at All Star Sports. This spring break, my GUARANTEED connecting rooms (handicapped, roll in shower) we changed by them to a NON handicapped SINGLE room. They finally moved us to an awful room at the BWV (a single room). I wanted to stay at the All Star Sports. I needed TWO rooms. They were awful. I won't stay on site again, likely. It was an awful trip, with us crammed into on room that was smaller than an All Star room. Room service a couple times, $54 for 2 sandwiches. I like the food courts! We would always get it and take it to the room, but even delivery I could get 3 meals for less. And it would be better food!

Sorry for the rant. I think the All Stars are fine! When they don't give your room away and mess with you for hours.

I don't hate the AllStars at all. I had two great stays at Music, but ever since I stayed at Pop, I just don't want to ever go back to the AllStars. I just love the vibe and the lake set Pop. It feels peaceful. :goodvibes
That sums up how I feel. We went back to ASMu after a few Pop visits and it was fine but Pop is our favorite value.

People just like different things. If you like the AS, then stay there and don't worry about what other people like.
So true. I would rather spend a week at AsMovies than the Grand Flo (I am not even kidding) Everyone has different preferences.

I will say I do not hate the All stars at all, but I wish they would up their food court game - maybe some more unique options among the 3. Sports would be my least favorite just because the theme is least appealing for me.

So after 2yrs watching disney yt videos and a couple months on the dis boards, I have noticed so many people hating on the All Stars. I have stayed at every all star resort and haven't had any problems. We've stayed at movies the most at least 3-5 times (it's one of our favorites). Can I just ask ya'll, straight up, what is the big problem with these resorts? and please don't list the following: tourists, teenagers, school groups, sport groups, etc.

There's nothing at all wrong with them. However, there simply are certain advantages to the moderate and deluxe resorts. As you take more and more trips (and get older.. it happens to us all. I was 9 my first trip, now I'm 42. :teacher:), you end up spending more time at the resort and less at parks, so the amenities make a big difference. Have you seen the 3 acre sand bottom pool at the Beach Club? If you're a pool person and enjoy the idea of a 3 minute walk to EPCOT, once you stay there, everywhere else seems like a let down. :) However, it's easily $300-$400 a night to stay there vs. $100-$150'ish for an All Star, so it just depends on your budget and expectations.

I have stayed at All Stars before and have a September stay already booked

I’m basically there for sleeping only as I leave the hotel early morning and not back to my room until later night

I’m not there for the theme but a place to sleep
Not crazy about paying $168+ tax on the weekends

I’m not around the hotel during the day or early evening to witness things as others have mentioned

I go solo so have no problem with the room size

For those that spend time and do their meals at All Stars, sounds like they have a different experience than I have had

I do get coffee in the morning at the hotel food service section early morning and it’s decent

For me, the resort is fine
It has a comfortable bed and bus service to the parks

So true. I would rather spend a week at AsMovies than the Grand Flo (I am not even kidding) Everyone has different preferences.

+1 on that, and we stay deluxe every time (DVC). I personally find GF to be grotesquely overpriced for what it is. But it's just a matter of preference. I think a lot of people stay there simply because it's the most expensive place so they assume it must be the best. It's a lovely place, but it's definitely not for everyone.

Stayed at ASMus once--and never again. The noise in the room was beyond unacceptable. This may have been because the room had a connecting door and was at the end of a corridor. Maybe that's some kind of toxic noise combination at the All Stars, but I heard every conversation and activity the people in the next room engaged in and the sound of every single one of the legion of rolling suitcase that went by the door. Late at night, early in the morning, anytime. No earplugs could have possibly overcome this. And I find a white noise machine just as annoying as actual noise, so that would not have been a solution for me. I'm not a light sleeper, btw, and live in an apartment. So it's not like I'm used to utter silence at home. But it was as though the couple + baby next door were in the same room with me.

I would have asked to be moved, but every time I went by, the line at check-in was so long I couldn't face the wait.

I was new to the WDW resort experience then. If this happened to me now, I would have called someone immediately and asked to be moved--and paid to go to a different resort. Back then, this didn't even occur to me.

I've never experienced room-to-room noise like this at any other resort I've stayed in at WDW.

And I totally understand why people like the All Stars. But because of this experience, I'd never stay there again.

We have always had fun stays that the All Stars. Sure it may seem hectic at the resort at times, but it is filled with lots of people having fun.

In one of the recent podcasts, Pete says that the people at the Value/All Star resorts are friendlier than some of the expensive resorts. The All Stars are always filled with people who are genuinely happy to be there.

We stayed at the CBR last month. (Not impressed) People who are critical of the food court at the All Stars should check out the current state of the CBR food court (tent).

We've got a stay booked in August at All Star Music - we can't wait! We have stayed at all 3 of the All Stars.

Most I've seen who dislike the All Stars seem to have much more $'s than I do. They compare the All Stars to the moderates and quite often deluxe's. For them, money isn't an issue and they want the niceties that money can buy. For us the Values have been perfect for us. I do not lump them into a Motel 6 type hotel that some who dislike them do. No comparison to me. We do not eat in the food court very often but I've found the All Stars better than many of the moderate and deluxe counter service.

That's what I've noticed too, we do have the money stay at a moderate or a deluxe, but in the end when we're at disney we'd rather save our money, plus the values are very convenient when we wanna stay a couple extra days because of the price

We have always had fun stays that the All Stars. Sure it may seem hectic at the resort at times, but it is filled with lots of people having fun.

In one of the recent podcasts, Pete says that the people at the Value/All Star resorts are friendlier than some of the expensive resorts. The All Stars are always filled with people who are genuinely happy to be there.

We stayed at the CBR last month. (Not impressed) People who are critical of the food court at the All Stars should check out the current state of the CBR food court (tent).

We've got a stay booked in August at All Star Music - we can't wait! We have stayed at all 3 of the All Stars.

even without the food court in the tent CBR isn't my favorite resort, it is very large and overwhelming for my family, plus it was hard to walk to the food court and back to the room, however, I might change my mind after the construction is done.

Hope you enjoy your stay at ASMu! If I were you guys I would request the Calypso or Broadway section ;)

We just went in March with a dance team and stayed at All Star Sports. We'd only stayed before at Grand Floridian and Polynesian, so we knew to expect a lot less. We went in with low expectations but were pleasantly surprised. Yes, they are budget, but bed was fine, liked the sink separate from toilet/shower. Rooms were larger than we expected. Food court was crazy, especially one morning at 8 AM with a bunch of groups. Food court did have a decent assortment of food. Got pizza one night, 1/2 roasted chicken, grilled chicken caesar salad.
They did a good job with our group, our 5 rooms were all there together in a row.

I have to agree about the rooms, I think they're bigger than the rooms at POP (the non-refurbished ones)

Recently DIS Unplugged reviewed All Star Movies. Pete Werner was even impressed with the resort and he's a self admitted deluxe resort snob. The only thing my family doesn't like about the All Stars is that the room and beds are a bit tight when your family is all adult size.

That's a shocker :rotfl2: I never thought Werner would ever say that. I wish the beds were a bit bigger too though, we stayed at POP and ASSports with a party of 4 and didn't have much mattress to sleep on LOL

So after 2yrs watching disney yt videos and a couple months on the dis boards, I have noticed so many people hating on the All Stars. I have stayed at every all star resort and haven't had any problems. We've stayed at movies the most at least 3-5 times (it's one of our favorites). Can I just ask ya'll, straight up, what is the big problem with these resorts? and please don't list the following: tourists, teenagers, school groups, sport groups, etc.
We stayed at ASMusic 3 times and loved it every time. Other than the list of things you don't want mentioned, I have no criticism.

We now stay deluxe because we can now afford it. We love having the monorail and boat to get to MK. We enjoy close proximity to higher end restaurants, spa, and other recreation. We love larger rooms with bigger beds.

I could go on and on. I have nothing against ASMusic. My family made precious memories there.

Believe it or not,some Guests without Budget Restraints actually prefer the Values.

We love the "over the top" Disney "feel" and the "energy" of the Values.

Some Guests like to "get away" from the "high energy" of the Parks and the Deluxes and Mods provide this.

It just comes down to individual tastes.:)

We don't "hate" the All Stars. We have stayed at all of them, but we just don't particularly care for them, and if at all possible we do try to avoid staying at them. For us it's mostly the noise level. We find everything LOUD there. The pool is loud (and sometimes unruly which we have never experienced at other resorts), food court is loud, and even the outdoor corridors are loud from inside the room. I also found the mattresses uncomfortable, the sheets thin and scratchy, even the bath towels and toilet paper felt very thin and rough to me at all of the value resorts, not just the All Stars. I also hate the All Stars bus set up. I like that at the other resorts you can sit or stand under cover, some with fans, rather than in a line under the scorching sun. It works at the other levels of resorts, not sure why its set up different at the values. But the least Disney could do is install cover!

All that said, we are spending 3 nights at All Star Sports in May before we move to the Poly for 5 nights. I went with that resort because of price. Between increased rates and lower discounts, I am paying at Sports more than I used to pay, just a few years ago, for a moderate with our military discount. So I stuck to my budget for those 3 nights and we went with a value. We picked Sports because it was the only value available with the military discount, otherwise we would have picked Pop or AoA.

I've honestly been planning on staying at ASMusic a couple of times, until they refurbished the rooms at Pop. The rooms at Pop were so worn down, I can't imagine how bad the rooms at the All Star resorts are. Until they get refurbished, I won't even consider staying there. But I am looking forward to staying there some day! I love the Broadway section! We did visit the AS resorts once, and I find them very cute and fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter