Will any projects permanently halt due to COVID-19?

I saw this on another video, so take this with a grain of salt. But, it is the Rumors board, so alas...

I believe the original vision was for a merry-go-round, perhaps with a 360vision screen, and effects/animations to sort of bring things to life. Which totally makes sense for a Mary Poppins attraction.

Honestly, I thought when it was announced that there wasn't even going to be an attraction. That it was just going to be sort of an immersive re-creation of Cherry Tree Lane for us nostalgia types who just want the feel of being there. Which to be honest? That was the part I was looking forward to anyway. Admiral Boom? One-Man-Band outside? Chalkprints on the pavement? I would have been positively giddy.
Same💗

You can pretty much count on it.

Off the top of my head, Mary Poppins won't happen. Portions of the Epcot re-do will be cancelled/severely scaled back. At least with Epcot, they have to do something - they can't leave bare ground and construction walls around indefinitely. The Spaceship Earth 5.0 makeover will be scrapped for now.

Tron and Guardians will likely continue. Ratatouille will be completed, although the opening will be delayed a few months.

the Play Pavilion may be delayed, but probably cancelled for the time being.

Steve
I don't think they will stop the Spaceship Earth makeover. They already started it and they can't leave the icon of a park empty for years. I think the Play Pavilion and Moana water thing will likely get chopped. I also think they will hold off on anything announced for the park that hasn't begun construction. Reflections will also probably be stopped since there won't be a need for more hotel rooms any time soon.

The one I'm most concerned about is the I believe still unannounced monorail replacement trains.

If that now is delayed further by several years then is it even viable to keep the existing trains running that long especially after last years numerous publicised disasters of doors coming open mid journey and doors falling off and other unplanned downtime.

Delayed attractions is one thing but growing amounts of safety issues and downtime of a critical transportation system that also happens to be one of the iconic attractions as well could be a significant issue.
I thought they had already purchased the replacement monorails. Do you know if that was correct?

I thought they had already purchased the replacement monorails. Do you know if that was correct?
I thought that was a Facebook rumor? Didn't some employee mistake the skyliner financing and thought they were buying new monorails?

Also, why are they replacing the interiors of the current monorails if they ordered new ones?

Depending on how far it actually was I actually could see Star Wars Hotel being shelved for a bit. It will require a lot of staff to run with all the character aspects to it on top of the usual hotel operations. Plus the cost to stay might be more than many want to pay at the moment.
But the big thing to me for it will be the fact that it is a very enclosed experience as well. From the sounds of it you are pretty much checking in and staying indoors with a bunch of people going to meals and shows for a few days. I could see this be a big concern until fears and safety concerns are fully under control.

I don't think they will stop the Spaceship Earth makeover. They already started it and they can't leave the icon of a park empty for years. I think the Play Pavilion and Moana water thing will likely get chopped. I also think they will hold off on anything announced for the park that hasn't begun construction. Reflections will also probably be stopped since there won't be a need for more hotel rooms any time soon.
Had spaceship earth closed though? Iv lost track but screamscape says it wasnt due to close until end of may?

Had spaceship earth closed though? Iv lost track but screamscape says it wasnt due to close until end of may?
I looked it up and you are correct. It is/was supposed to close on May 26. I guess they could put it off, but I think they need to do something with it. It seems to break down fairly often.

If truly permanent is the standard then while I have zero information, Brazil would be on my watch list.

The hotel side of reflections would be next on my list, but only permanent if it was converted to DVC

If truly permanent is the standard then while I have zero information, Brazil would be on my watch list.

The hotel side of reflections would be next on my list, but only permanent if it was converted to DVC
What do you mean by Brazil?

correct me if I am not remembering correctly but Brazil was slated to be added to world showcase

There was a very active rumor but my understanding is it never was set - couldn't secure funding either from Brazil government or corporation or other reasons (depending on rumor)

so this wouldn't really qualify as "cancelled" but also felt like one of those "still could happen at some point" and I am sure at a minimum that "some point" is further off

The one I'm most concerned about is the I believe still unannounced monorail replacement trains.

If that now is delayed further by several years then is it even viable to keep the existing trains running that long especially after last years numerous publicised disasters of doors coming open mid journey and doors falling off and other unplanned downtime.

Delayed attractions is one thing but growing amounts of safety issues and downtime of a critical transportation system that also happens to be one of the iconic attractions as well could be a significant issue.
This would make the walking path/bridge from GF to MK even more important to finish. I hope it is completed.

New member to this board - I've only seen unsubstantiated rumors about monorail replacements elsewhere. Seeing as some trains have been given a painting and somewhat of an interior freshening, I'm not jumping on rumors they would be replaced soon, even before the closure. 'Do they need to be replaced?' Yes. Will they?...
Edited for clarity

Last edited:
Think, anything not started are done for. For a few years. Any projects just started will be stopped. As the last all start hotel. Will be complete in the future.
You have to remember. This year. People who had two months off from work. Can not asked for vacation in July . People who were not working, not being paid for months, will not have money to go to Disney.
Will people want to fly, sit in an airplane for hours with a 100+ other people. Then take DME to hotel. With 40+ people
If DISNEY Limited’s the experience, for there guest. Would it be worth going. Unless you are guaranteed to get into the park you want.

Get to do the thing you feel you need to do, not paying $100+ for a ticket then only get to do three rides. Having to sit most of the day because there limits on number of people going into restaurants, stores,

New member to this board - I've only seen unsubstantiated rumors about monorail replacements elsewhere. Seeing as some trains have been given a painting and somewhat of an interior freshening, I'm not jumping on rumors they would be replaced soon, even before the closure. 'Do they need to be replaced' is a question I've yet to find someone answer no to-
They are past the “expected” life span of a monorail train so most would think yes they need to be replaced.

It's fun to speculate, but no one knows. Iger doesn't know. Everything depends on how soon they get to reopen, and how things go when they do.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter