“Official” 2018 Mickey’s Not-So-Scary Halloween Party – Strategy and Itinerary Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well I randomly looked today on my southwest app and we were able to refund $18 on our flight. I guess I’ll keep checking every day just in case.

What if I totally rearranged the last half of schedule to this:

7:15-8:15 Donald/Daisy
8:15-9:15 Trick or treating (ToT), magic shots, shopping
9:15 -10 Mickey
10-10:15 headless horseman shot
10:15-10:30 fireworks
10:30- 11 ToT and party in tommorrowland
11- 11:40 parade
11:40-12 ride
12 Hocus Pocus

I've been working on your plan:

3:30-4:15 bypass for photos, map, bags
4:15-4:35 ? – Schedule FP for 3:30-4:30
4:40-5:00 FP HM – Schedule FP for 4:30-5:30
5:05-5:35 HM dessert snack, HM Magic Shot - I'm not sure what Specialty Treats we'll see this year.
5:40-6:00 FP Pooh Ride – Schedule FP for 5:30-6
6:05–7:15 Pooh and gang
Tag Team: You have one hour/Line up for Popcorn bucket at 6:45 if interested, lines did form.
7:20-8:00 Donald & Daisy
Tag Team: You have 25 minutes +/-
8:05-8:25 Magic Shot
8:30-9:35 BTY Parade in Frontierland – See map
Tag Team: You have 30 minutes
9:40-10:30 HalloWishes – See map
10:35-11:05 Minnie Mouse – This was done during a sold out party, sorry I lost the 2017 post.
11:15-11:45 Mickey Mouse
11:55-12:20 Hocus Pocus
12:30 Headless Horseman Magic Shot – Was available after 12:30

Shortcut from Main Street to Tomorrowland.

upload_2018-4-15_20-57-30.png

Watch the Parade over here BLUE circle and as soon as it's over go through the breezeway and head to the RED circle to view HalloWishes BUT stay on the right hand side and go back towards Liberty Square to meet Minnie Mouse or use the short cut from Main Street to Tomorrowland.

upload_2018-4-15_21-5-22.png

EDIT: Forgot to add the maps! Doing way too many things at the same time :confused:

Last edited:
Oh no! That's one of my faves

Is it just gonna be closed for the parties? That’s our favorite ride at mk

TRIPLE AGREE - that's in my top 3 must dos!!!
:sad::sad::sad:

This is NOT set in stone. It's plausible Disney forgot to add it to the list. When a ride goes into refurbishment it's usually closed during regular park hours too and NOT just during the parties. I looked at several sites and currently no one has this ride in their list of closures or refurbishments. Again, I will update when I know more.

Touring Plans had BTMR refurbishment in 2016:
  • August 8, 2016 to November 18, 2016
Link: https://touringplans.com/magic-kingdom/attractions/big-thunder-mountain-railroad/closures

Last edited:

Thanks! That's what I had envisioned.

Hopefully Disney won't be making too many changes :faint: Though I will have to admit, I prefer the old time frame for parades and HalloWishes, it was easier to go from point A to point B without feeling rushed.

This is our first time doing MNSSHP so I’m not sure about timing wise or what should go in what order. I’m going to post what we’d like to do and maybe someone can help with times? Pretty please!

We’re going 9/3 and it’s a pool day for us. We have an ADR at Chef Mickey’s at 2:25 and then plan to go to MK from there.

Priorities:
Moana (my girls are OBSESSED! Meeting her is a must.)
Peter Pan (does he meet during the parties? We are doing Peter Pan theme for costumes and I would love a photo with him and all of us! Does Captain Hook or Mr. Smee meet at all? I can’t remember.)
Trick or treating (kids think this is the coolest!)
Parade
Fireworks
Hocus Pocus show
Rides
A few magic shots (would love haunted mansion one, headless horseman if they have it)
Different party snacks

I’m hoping to stay till midnight or maybe at least till 11. Are there any other must do’s for our family? It’s me, DH, DD7, DD4 and DS2. All tips/suggestions appreciated!!

Monday, Sep. 9 / DW, DH, DD7, DD4 and DS2
3:30-4:10 MK bypass - Wristbands, Treat Bags, Map
4:15-6:00 Moana (my girls are OBSESSED! Meeting her is a must.) She came out at 5:45 last year
Tag Team: ? FP Schedule it for 3:20-4:20
Tag Team: ? FP Schedule it for 4:20-5:20
Peter Pan - Unfortunately I am unable to see his hours via WDW link below, I believe he met last year during regular park hours but I am unsure if Disney closed it down at the start of the party 7pm?
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/character-meet-peter-pan/

So this changes your itinerary and you'll need to re-post your wish list/priorities. Please include your FP selections as well and we'll go from there.

Parade
Fireworks
Hocus Pocus show
Rides
A few magic shots (would love haunted mansion one, headless horseman if they have it)
Different party snacks

NOTE: To meet Captain Hook, Mr. Smee and Peter Pan I would recommend The Pirates & Pals Fireworks Dessert Voyage - It's worth every penny and yes, you can dress up! WDW Link:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/contemporary-resort/pirates-and-pals-fireworks-voyage/

Would we be able to meet Peter Pan before 7? Or before we got in line for Moana? Do our Fastpasses need to be near where Moana’s meet is? (In Adventureland, right?)
Main priorities are Moana, parade, fireworks, Hocus Pocus and trick or treating. I want to do some magic shots and enjoy the snacks and such. I’d like to do some rides if possible but we have 4 other MK days so that would be last priority. Thank you for responding! I’ll look into the Pirates & Pals!! Thank you!

Last year Peter Pan was not on the MNSSHP list of Characters but he could be seen starting at park opening. If he is a MUST see character you might be able to see him between 4pm - 5:30pm. Currently WDW does not list his schedule for the date of your party but it's too soon to tell. YOU will have to keep an eye on this calendar, here's the WDW link:

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/character-meet-peter-pan/

View attachment 315125

If he is a must see character I would do the Pirate & Pals because you get to meet him and Captain Hook & Mr. Smee. Photopass photographers will be there. You should dress in costume too.

Also please include the date of your party when asking questions and posting itinerary. Timing is everything :-)

I have added your Original Itinerary Post #288 to the MAIN page. If you make any changes please just post a note, I know where to find you. If Peter Pan is available to meet between 4-5:30pm as indicated by WDW site then I'd recommend you or your husband stay in Moana's line while your kids take off to meet him. I've also included all our correspondence in case you forgot where we left off to help you get organized. We'll need to start working on your itinerary as I have a few costumes to sew this year.

Again, please do NOT re-post your itinerary, just a note. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!

9/18 as we are a party of 11 including 3 toddler boys (all 2.5 yrs old) I know Moana is a priority for one family (2 ad, 1 ch) not sure what will interest the other families.. I would love to see the Pooh Characters and the 7 dwarfs (2 ad) I know we will want to trick or treat and we have memory maker so we should get some of the magic shots offered. I know we will want to see the parade and fireworks.. my Hub and I plan to stay even if the families with the littles go home.
I have never traveled with ones this little so I am at a loss. (my own were 8 and 5 our first trip)

I am not sure if I understand this correctly, are you trying to create an itinerary for 11 people? I recommend you create your own itinerary and meet up here and there with the others. When using Tag Team I know you'll receive a lot of negative comments and not just from the person standing behind you but from those in the line. If it causes enough issues a CM will intercede and can ask them to go back to the end of the line. This I personally have seen, it was a big deal.

I have added your Original Itinerary Post#291 to the MAIN page. I hope you have had time to think about making an itinerary for your own family. If you make any changes please just post a note, I know where to find you. We'll need to start working on your itinerary as I have a few costumes to sew this year.

Again, please do NOT re-post your itinerary, just a note. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!

This one is available Hitchhiking Ghosts Magic Shot
View attachment 316158
Available from Disney PhotoPass photographers when stationed in front of the Haunted Mansion, per Disney Photopass Service FB. Link:
https://www.facebook.com/pg/DisneyPhotoPass/photos/?ref=page_internal
It was also located to the right of the pirate league game in Adventureland see below for link.

Phineas MNSSHP Magic Shot was taken at 5:08pm
View attachment 316237

Confirmed by the lovely @sherlockmiles in 2017 see: Post #7898

@disxlovee you have time to make changes to your itinerary but I would wait until we receive more info.
It’s just one ghost in the pre-party hours, though, right? All 3 is MNSSHP-exclusive I thought?

It’s just one ghost in the pre-party hours, though, right? All 3 is MNSSHP-exclusive I thought?

Yes, and that was taken over by the pirate adventure kiosk during the party.
I can post my pic tonight if it would be helpful.
We might have been one of the few people who got both the single ghost and the triple ghost versions.

You can get the Hitch Hiking Ghosts (all three) anytime at MK. This information is posted on Disney's Photopass Facebook.

The single ghost Phineas Magic Shot is a MNSSHP Exclusive and was taken at 5:08pm. @sherlockmiles posted this information.

Not all MNSSHP Exclusive Magic Shots are only available at 7pm, some can be obtained earlier.

Please see: [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/page-22#post-59084466"]Post #423[/URL]

You can get the Hitch Hiking Ghosts (all three) anytime at MK. This information is posted on Disney's Photopass Facebook.

The single ghost Phineas Magic Shot is a MNSSHP Exclusive and was taken at 5:08pm. @sherlockmiles posted this information.

Not all MNSSHP Exclusive Magic Shots are only available at 7pm, some can be obtained earlier.

Please see: Post #423
Thanks. That must be a change because we’ve gotten the single ghost shot many times during the day and all times of year.

Regarding Magic Shots, even during the party you still have access to all the Magic Shots listed on Disney's FB page PLUS the Exclusive MNSSHP MS, ride videos and various props like the Tangled Lantern Prop as seen below.

upload_2018-4-16_13-42-48.png

Thanks. That must be a change because we’ve gotten the single ghost shot many times during the day and all times of year.

I have a single ghost on a non party day and just after 4pm on a MNSSHP party night. Mine was the short one, Gus both times.

I have a single ghost on a non party day and just after 4pm on a MNSSHP party night. Mine was the short one, Gus both times.

That is strange about Phineas Magic Shot and Gus Magic Shot available during regular park hours. Neither are listed on the FB page. Lucky you! I have yet to get those.

I do know for a fact I've gotten up to three MS from one photographer. Just ask which ones they can do.

That is strange about Phineas Magic Shot and Gus Magic Shot available during regular park hours. Neither are listed on the FB page. Lucky you! I have yet to get those.

I do know for a fact I've gotten up to three MS from one photographer. Just ask which ones they can do.

I would have liked the three of them better but at least I got to re-do the shot as I didn't like the first one. :rotfl:
Maybe they weren't supposed to be the ones we got.

@Haley R

Party Tickets
upload_2018-4-15_18-1-58-png.316699

I highly recommend you bring your tickets with you.
Disney's system isn't perfect and there have been reports year after year of issues when scanning Magicbands at the "special entrance". Also upon inclement weather Disney may offer you a refund but they require you have your original method of payment with you if purchased with a credit card. [URL="https://www.disboards.com/threads/%E2%80%9Cofficial%E2%80%9D-2018-mickey%E2%80%99s-not-so-scary-halloween-party-%E2%80%93-strategy-and-itinerary-thread.3672288/#post-58989837"]Post #3[/URL]

@Haley R

Party Tickets
upload_2018-4-15_18-1-58-png.316699

I highly recommend you bring your tickets with you.
Disney's system isn't perfect and there have been reports year after year of issues when scanning Magicbands at the "special entrance". Also upon inclement weather Disney may offer you a refund but they require you have your original method of payment with you if purchased with a credit card. Post #3
We used our physical tickets for after hours and it still used up a normal ticket.

We used our physical tickets for after hours and it still used up a normal ticket.

How much time did it take to get that resolved? We don't wear our bands, just use the card and after we're in then we put the bands on. We have never had any issues doing it this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter