Disney Gift Card Deals

Status
Not open for further replies.
RMN is Retail Me Not. It is a site or app that provides discounts in the form of cash back for shopping through them. YMMV is "your mileage may vary". Giftcard purchases are excluded from the terms, but many have been successful in getting the cashback even with a GC purchase, as I have.
Thanks! Newbie here!

Has anyone used Pay with Ibotta at Sam's Club? I know that it works at Wal-Mart, but it looks like it's simply a way to buy an e-gift card (for the exact amount of your purchase), charge it to your stored payment method (Visa or MC) and then scan the app to pay for the purchase. Since Sam's Club accepts Wal-Mart gift cards, I was wondering if this would work.

I see that Sam's is not accepting WM e-gift cards (or is it all gift cards?) for Disney gift card purchases and I am not planning on buying Disney gift cards. We shop at Sam's about once a week and if I can get another 1% on our regular shopping, cool!

This just happened to me, too, this past Monday I think? Tried at the self check and the girl told me I’d have to go through the line to use giftcards. Did that and the girl at the register said that her register told her it couldn’t be done. It DID still let me use online for now

thanks. I’ll try online then to use the $400 I still have.

Has anyone used Pay with Ibotta at Sam's Club? I know that it works at Wal-Mart, but it looks like it's simply a way to buy an e-gift card (for the exact amount of your purchase), charge it to your stored payment method (Visa or MC) and then scan the app to pay for the purchase. Since Sam's Club accepts Wal-Mart gift cards, I was wondering if this would work.

I see that Sam's is not accepting WM e-gift cards (or is it all gift cards?) for Disney gift card purchases and I am not planning on buying Disney gift cards. We shop at Sam's about once a week and if I can get another 1% on our regular shopping, cool!

I had the problem with WM e gift cards. Would not take at the self checkout registers and had to be done at customer service. The barcode would not scan and manager had to enter them by hand. They still said I could not use them for Disney GC.

My problem was with the barcode not being recognized. They were long regular ones. I think Ibotta creates a QR one. I do know that they need to be scanned with the hand scanner, at least at Walmart.

How I miss the double dipping with Ibotta 6-7% in store and Uber Visa offer 5%..

My (strange, but consistently worked) Walmart GC thing that I discovered was that if they (or I, on self-checkout, which is what I preferred) tried to scan it on the bed of the scanner thing or with the small scanner wand thing, it would NOT work. I was told off a time or two from trying, as well, both by employees at regular checkout and self-checkout.

Then I tried with the ones that you can stretch and reach further (which at least in both the state I lived in previously and where I live now) is only SOME self-checkouts, and not always what employees try on regular checkout, it worked on those...consistently.

So now I only convert if I'm at self-checkout and it's one of the right scanners...otherwise I wait for another time.

I've not tried in the last week, but...it's worked consistently for months when previously I had been having issues every time with the other scanners and on the scanner bed thing (also how it seemed like employees would try on regular checkout)

BJ’s is having a gift card sale for January, just got an email from the high volume point of contact. Can get up to 8% off depending on how many you buy. Will try to upload a picture of the amounts and percentages off (there are 3 tiers of savings). View attachment 461370

So can you only buy from the high volume point of contact? Also, it's weird that the 3 pack of $50 cards appears to be the best savings, or is my math off?

BJ’s is having a gift card sale for January, just got an email from the high volume point of contact. Can get up to 8% off depending on how many you buy. Will try to upload a picture of the amounts and percentages off (there are 3 tiers of savings). View attachment 461370

Also, there must be a typo because for the $5k and over, $50 is listed as $45 but then for $7500 and over it's $46, which seems odd.

Also, there must be a typo because for the $5k and over, $50 is listed as $45 but then for $7500 and over it's $46, which seems odd.
Yeah, if those numbers are correct then that is 10% savings and by far the best value - which means I'll have to buy a huge amount now instead of waiting for a future deal. We just got back from A trip to Orlando, and I keep saying we're going to skip a year. But even if we do skip, buying GC ahead of time for future trips is always on the table, I just didn't realize it would be a week after I got home!

Yeah, if those numbers are correct then that is 10% savings and by far the best value - which means I'll have to buy a huge amount now instead of waiting for a future deal. We just got back from A trip to Orlando, and I keep saying we're going to skip a year. But even if we do skip, buying GC ahead of time for future trips is always on the table, I just didn't realize it would be a week after I got home!

Well, I called them. Those numbers aren't correct. They told me that's a typo. the $50 at $5k and over should be $46.50.

So can you only buy from the high volume point of contact? Also, it's weird that the 3 pack of $50 cards appears to be the best savings, or is my math off?
You probably have your answer since you called them, but all you need to do is purchase online and then send the high volume people your confirmation number and then they will adjust the price and apply the discount.

Well, I called them. Those numbers aren't correct. They told me that's a typo. the $50 at $5k and over should be $46.50.

Could one of you explain a bit further about this high volume sales from BJs? Where can I find the phone number or more info on who qualifies to purchase? I just maxed out my Chase through Paypal for 4th quarter but I do need to buy more to pay for my DVC dues. It's my mother in law's BJ's account though, I just order through the regular BJs website. Is this something that I have to have her call through and buy for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter