Disney's POP CENTURY RESORT Information & Questions

Discussion in 'Disney Resorts' started by Janet B, Oct 7, 2014.

1. Tangtpt

Tangtpt Earning My Ears

Hi all. I have a question. My family is trying to come up with some room selections for our trip next month. We are driving ourselves, but are we required to park in a particular parking lot? In looking at touringplans, some of the parking lots are labeled as the "90's parking" and so on. We want to stay in Building 9, but do we have to park in a particular 80's parking lot, or are we fee to park anywhere in the resort parking lots? Thanks.

2. Disneylover99

Disneylover99 DIS Veteran

You can park wherever you like. The labelled lots are more of a suggestion on where to park to be closer to your room.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. CarolynFH

CarolynFH DIS Veteran

In the refurbished rooms, both beds are queens, so your teens should be fine since they don’t mind sharing a bed.

5. bevcgg

bevcgg Mouseketeer

Hello- I know I read on the WDW Blog a few months ago that Dole Whip was coming to POP!
    But since then I haven't heard anything else?
    Does anyone have an update on this?? Hoping it will be there soon!
    Thanks

6. scrappinginontario

scrappinginontario DIS Veteran

They are already there! Just called something else.

LadyDiznee123 and bevcgg like this.
  7. kumimama

kumimama Earning My Ears

I am checking in on tuesday. I cant wait.

prettypatchesmsu likes this.
  8. FBandA

FBandA How do I get to go back again?

Does anyone know if you can still get cases of water at POP?

9. Stitchisthebest

Stitchisthebest Earning My Ears

I am sorry duplicate message

10. dansdad

dansdad DIS Veteran

Yes. $6.99 for twenty-four 12oz bottles of Desani.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
    FBandA likes this.
  11. dsnyfan608

dsnyfan608 Mouseketeer

Day of arrival, we were planning to go to the pool. Now that the pools are gated, is there anywhere to sit in the shade at the main pool?

12. DaniMoon

DaniMoon DIS Veteran

There are some tables with chairs outside the fence, but all the lounge chairs are inside the fencing. There are definitely shaded lounge chairs, depending on time of day, depends on how many and which side of the pool.where.

13. scrappinginontario

Not within the fence I don’t believe. Certain times of day there may be some loungers shaded by buildings but most are not.

14. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

We are booked for pop again October 23-26! We loved our stay and the new rooms so we are excited to go again and experience Halloween for the first time!

15. SG131

SG131 Mouseketeer

So, my trip is pretty far away yet, but I was fooling around with the online check in options. When I stayed last year at a different resort the room requests made ZERO sense and I’ve heard a lot of people comment on that. However, when I went to do online check in here there were actual logical choices as far as building section and high or low floor.

My question is, if I specified section here, is that enough or should I fax them a request too just to be safe?

16. BarbieGal457

BarbieGal457 DIS Veteran

I always pick highest floor, and never send a fax I just do it on the site and each time I have gotten my choice. I'm sure of course there is luck of availability involved, but I've always been happy that my choice was fulfilled. I also make it my only choice so I feel like that may give me a better edge in getting it, since I'm not making say, three requests which would probably limit the room availability.

Haley R likes this.
  17. jcarwash

jcarwash DIS Veteran

For my last visit this February, I used the online check-in to request the 80s section -- my only request -- and I got a room in building 7 / 80s. So the online request alone worked for me.

18. wisteria1019

wisteria1019 A dream is a wish your heart makes

My visit isn't until October. When do you typically do online check in?

19. SG131

SG131 Mouseketeer

Thanks for the info. I was at GF last August and the online check in choices didn’t make sense and didn’t have any options. I’ve heard other people mention having incorrect choices at other resorts so I was shocked to see POP choices made sense. Glad I don’t have to fool around trying to fax.

BarbieGal457 likes this.
  20. scrappinginontario

You can make your online requests anytime form now up until 3 or 4 days before your visit. When you make you requests has no baring on what you are assigned is my understanding.

21. LuckyOswald89

LuckyOswald89 Earning My Ears

So, my girlfriend and I are currently booked at ASMo. I’ve been checking here and there to see if any availability opened at Pop, and I found a standard room! Only issue is it’s about $200 difference. My question is, if I want to change our reservation, is it best to do so over the phone or online? Since we have a longer trip this time I think it might be nice to (possibly) get a refurb room. Thanks!