• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Has anyone had a CV-19 antibody test?

Apparently there is no way to test “just for CV19.” If I understood the info correctly, the similarity in antibodies makes it impossible to be 100% certain the antibodies are from CV19.
This is not accurate. Roche has a test that is 99.8% accurate at detecting the CV19 virus strain among all coronavirus strains.

My doctor wants me to have one, just to be able to say definitively that I had it. I didn't qualify for a COVID test, but I qualify for an antibody test, which to me seems sort of backwards. My insurance will pay in full if I go to LabCorp. I was warned that these tests can give both false positives *and* negatives. So who knows? I'm still deciding if I want to have it done.

Some hospitals In my area are asking employees to participate in a research study to test for covid antibodies. It’s only available for employees over 18 years old. It includes multiple In person visits for blood draws and online surveys.

This is not accurate. Roche has a test that is 99.8% accurate at detecting the CV19 virus strain among all coronavirus strains.

I heard the same thing and that that test will be FDA approved but it is not yet ready to be rolled out to the masses.

I wanted to get an antibody test just for peace of mind but since it doesn't appear peace of mind is available just yet, guess I will need to wait.

Guess I shouldn't be surprised but it's a bummer anyway, was hoping to get tested sometime this month. Hearing more and more about this:

Perhaps it is too soon to notice detectable levels. I heard it takes about six weeks after an illness. That person could onsider retesting later, if she wants. She already knows she had it, though, so probably not worth it.

Last edited:
Some hospitals In my area are asking employees to participate in a research study to test for covid antibodies. It’s only available for employees over 18 years old. It includes multiple In person visits for blood draws and online surveys.
There are also implications if you test positive.

Knowing of one has antibodies is only a benefit when they can 100% say what the immunity status is. From what I know that is still an open issue. iMO results can give people a piece of mind for finally knowing. “Was that thing I had this or that”

I'd love to be tested as I'm fairly sure I had it back at the end of December (even though it supposedly wasnt in uk then)

However it's only available privately currently so if I'm going to have to pay then I'm going to wait to see how the health passport stories play out first. If there is going to be health passports and I'm going to have to pay for a test then i want to be sure if the test is positive that it is valid on the health passport.

I'd love to be tested as I'm fairly sure I had it back at the end of December (even though it supposedly wasnt in uk then)

However it's only available privately currently so if I'm going to have to pay then I'm going to wait to see how the health passport stories play out first. If there is going to be health passports and I'm going to have to pay for a test then i want to be sure if the test is positive that it is valid on the health passport.
I read an interesting article yesterday. In France they apparently re-tested some serum samples from that time period and found at least one sample that tested positive for Covid19. For now some are calling that man "Patient Zero", but who knows if they'll find even earlier ones.

If it was in France, it could've been in the UK, as well. Or the US. Or anywhere, really, due to international travel.

https://www.livescience.com/coronavirus-france-patient-zero-december.html

I have been tested waiting results. If I had was early on in Feb, before it was wide spread. Part of my work time is spent in hospital where I'm being tested.

I’ve been thinking about scheduling an appointment at Quest to check for the antibodies. I’m in the Law Enforcement field and come in contact with many people. Last December I got sick with horrible flu like symptoms. I’ve had the flu before and make sure to get the shot every year. My supervisor got sick with the same symptoms at the same time.

Also, on February 27th, I was at Hollywood Studios stuck in the queue for ROTR. I was in the caves for approximately an hour. The woman directly in front of me was coughing her lungs out the entire time. It was like she couldn’t get enough air.

Anyways, does anyone know the accuracy of the Quest tests?

I did one last week through Quest--I had been on the Panama Canal cruise on the Wonder so I was curious about exposure even though I hadn't really had any of the symptoms. My test was negative.

I’ve been thinking about scheduling an appointment at Quest to check for the antibodies. I’m in the Law Enforcement field and come in contact with many people. Last December I got sick with horrible flu like symptoms. I’ve had the flu before and make sure to get the shot every year. My supervisor got sick with the same symptoms at the same time.

Also, on February 27th, I was at Hollywood Studios stuck in the queue for ROTR. I was in the caves for approximately an hour. The woman directly in front of me was coughing her lungs out the entire time. It was like she couldn’t get enough air.

Anyways, does anyone know the accuracy of the Quest tests?
It's like the whole first wave was back in December and it went completely undiagnosed! I remember saying several times at the time that I couldn't remember ever knowing so many people that had been ill in December/January.

For the folks who have gotten or who are getting the antibody test - what is your reasoning behind it? What can you do with the information - besides just know if you have the antibodies or not - once your results come back? Will the test results allow you to travel or see other people you might not be able to without the test? Is it a condition of your employment or a condition to be able to enter certain facilities?

I'm just genuinely curious what the needs are for the test - besides just knowing if you have had it or not - across the population. What can you do with the results?

I am planning to volunteer at hospital, offer blood/plasma, and research if I hear I have antibodies. The program I am doing it for is already a research project.

If I was looking for a job I would assume it would not hurt if you had. And i think at an elder age knowing you had would allow you to do a lot more.

For the folks who have gotten or who are getting the antibody test - what is your reasoning behind it? What can you do with the information - besides just know if you have the antibodies or not - once your results come back? Will the test results allow you to travel or see other people you might not be able to without the test? Is it a condition of your employment or a condition to be able to enter certain facilities?

I'm just genuinely curious what the needs are for the test - besides just knowing if you have had it or not - across the population. What can you do with the results?
I mentioned our reason earlier:
And one more thing - we didn't do this for "fun". My son was hospitalized with a very serious problem and we want to know if it was related to Covid.

My son got his retest results back. His antibodies rose to 1.9 but that is really still negative.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter