I love credit cards so much! v3.0 (see first page for add'l details)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm going to be on a cruise on Super bowl night. I don't have a team in the playoffs. I'm just hoping for some kind of interesting match up, but looking at the teams left I don't think that's going to happen.
Really? Ravens, Texans and Chiefs are all exciting teams with young QBs.

NFC field is loaded aside from Eagles and even they could still go on a run too. You never know. Personally I’m all in on the Drew Brees train (and have been a huge fan since Katrina).

I think this years NFL playoffs could bring a ton of exciting games. We are 2 for 2 so far!!

Last edited:
I'm going to be on a cruise on Super bowl night. I don't have a team in the playoffs. I'm just hoping for some kind of interesting match up, but looking at the teams left I don't think that's going to happen.
I'll be in FL getting my dd settled into the DCP but I don't anticipate watching since we will be busy doing more important things. I definitely still have teams in there who I would like to see win!

Nope, since it is going to Lamar blowou!

Really? Ravens, Texans and Chiefs are all exciting teams with young QBs.

NFC field is loaded aside from Eagles and even they could still go on a run too. You never know. Personally I’m all in on the Drew Brees train (and have been a huge fan since Katrina).

I think this years NFL playoffs could bring a ton of exciting games. We are 2 for 2 so far!!

While not as exciting as the group of young QBs, the titans are a sneaky good/solid team. They play hard, good coach, and have a monster in Henry.

While not as exciting as the group of young QBs, the titans are a sneaky good/solid team. They play hard, good coach, and have a monster in Henry.
So true - They are quite an interesting team. A return to a different brand of football. And of course with the Ravens setting an all time NFL rushing record all the sudden running the ball is sexy again. These are interesting times to be a football fan (ie not just a local supporter but somebody who can appreciate the sport as a whole and all the teams competing).

Since we’re talking football... what a fall from the top for Pats this year down the stretch. Lost 4 of last 6; and 5 of last 9 games. They lost to the 1, 2, 4 and 6 seeds in the AFC playoffs. They were 8-0 and 10-1 at points this season. How swiftly things changed...

Tom Brady is certainly the goat but there is potentially a changing of the guard taking place here. His off-season decision will certainly be one to watch!

Those passes that the certifiably insane AB caught back in week 2 are a distant memory!

I think we got Bonvoyed. Has anyone been charged for making a local call at a hotel lately? This just seems like something out of the last century. Lol. Our phone service was very spotty at our hotel and we tried to order pizza one night. The call dropped so we just used the hotel phone. Then had problems with delivery and had to call back a 2nd time. These 2 phone calls ended up being more than the pizza!!!! Is this norm?? I’m thinking no. I want to complain but want to make sure this is not normal. It was billed as a per minute long distance call. We weren’t on phone that long so I’m thinking about $2/min. The pizza shop was like a mile down the street.

I've been charged $50 plus for a long distance call to the islands made after I left the hotel and it took a few calls to get rid of the charge. This was the Westin on Hilton Head but before Marriott took over. Had to call their business office directly during the business week to get it taken of. Can't remember the last time I used a hotel phone for an outside call.

Since we’re talking football... what a fall from the top for Pats this year down the stretch. Lost 4 of last 6; and 5 of last 9 games. They lost to the 1, 2, 4 and 6 seeds in the AFC playoffs. They were 8-0 and 10-1 at points this season. How swiftly things changed...

Tom Brady is certainly the goat but there is potentially a changing of the guard taking place here. His off-season decision will certainly be one to watch!

Those passes that the certifiably insane AB caught back in week 2 are a distant memory!
Definitely a changing of the guard coming. He has slipped this season. He is still playing good, comparatively, but no longer playing at a GOAT level, imo. Off season will be so interesting to see what he decides. He just looked shell-shocked in his post game interview tonight.

Talking about football, we just booked the Magic out of Miami leaving on Thursday! We usually book last minute, but this is REALLY last minute. We don't even have a stateroom number yet, just a veranda guarantee, but we're so excited to watch the LSU game and the playoffs on the ship! Hopefully funnel vision will have a good signal! Anyone on this sailing?

I was on the site today booking things and it was very buggy.

My DH works IT for a public utility and they have been dealing with Iranian cyber attacks today (successfully, so far). I wonder if any banks have had issues as well?

Edited to add - Utilities (banks, etc.) are well prepared for these attacks. Didn't mean to sound alarming.
That's what I thought as well.

P2 and I both did the WF checking offer and had no problems. In both cases we met the requirements with real DD (P2's is easy to change online) but we've successfully used pushes from Barclays and our credit union to avoid monthly fees, so I suspect they'd have worked for the bonus, too.

We're due to close Chase for both of us, and I have in my notes that you can empty the account and SM them. I haven't done it yet, but I assume I made that note based on a comment here or at DoC.

I've got my eye on the Citi $500 one. Thinking of doing it in combo with the $1000 WF biz offer. I looks like I could deposit into WF, then pull it out and do the Citi offer. Once that posts, put the money back in WF and keep it there until it posts, since they don't require the new money to stay.
I could not find the WF biz offer was that a mailer?
I grew up in Georgia but we moved to Iowa when I was in 7th grade. I’ll watch college football but I can’t get into NFL at all. I’d much rather watch hockey or college basketball
I love college football and basketball. Love watching THE Chicago Blackhawks :) and Cubs. But the NFL is my fav, no matter how painful it is at times :( I can almost always find a game that I can be invested in.

Milestone: Took 21 months but finally earned enough Speedway points for a free $25 gas card :laughing:

Slowest return ever probably, but did it all from gas purchases. Just switched to reloading a Speedway GC for the points and discount (minor) with my CC instead of paying at the pump. Still earned the multiplier for gas purchases on the CC and earned extra Speedway points for the same purchase. So it's only cost me a extra minute or so on the trips I needed to reload first. I can live with that kind of return.

I've learned not only big things but also small changes on this thread that all add up!

This. Love having Speedways in my area. Took me about the same amount of time to get a $50 gc. I remember being so excited...lol. Now a little halfway through for another one. Yes with gas only can take a while. So glad gas is this quarter for CF. And also glad they sell many gc's.

Way late to the party. But 2020 goals are to contine to add to my half mill ur's. May be time for another CIP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter