• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Jeopardy Showdown 1/7/20

Good first show last night - you can really tell that Ken wants to win this thing. Not that Brad and James don't, but Ken is really wearing his emotions on his sleeve with every missed question (not that there were many) or answer that he wasn't 100% sure about.

Fun to watch and I like the 2 game, combined score format. Both Ken and James pretty much knew how things were going to go in both Final Jeopardy rounds, though.

It was a great game to watch, the way they came up with the triple rhymes so fast, holy cow! I'm rooting for Ken, but was super impressed at the good sportsmanship and respect they all showed.

Yeah, I liked the triple things too. - They really ramped things up for these guys!

I think "Before, During, And After" is my new favorite category.

It's the Ken and James show. I'm loving it. But...our regular jeopardy is on at 7:30 so I have an hour and a half of jeopardy. My brain can't handle it! lol

I am flabbergasted that so many people are unfamiliar with syndicated television shows.

I'm not unfamiliar with what it means for a show to be syndicated. I just didn't realize that Jeopardy was syndicated. Since it has always been on CBS my entire life, I just assumed it was a show that was produced by CBS.

I'm not unfamiliar with what it means for a show to be syndicated. I just didn't realize that Jeopardy was syndicated. Since it has always been on CBS my entire life, I just assumed it was a show that was produced by CBS.

Same for me, except here it’s always been on ABC. How would I know what network it’s on in other markets?

What I find interesting is someone upthread mentioned Jeopardy airing at 9:30 am. That has to significantly affect ratings. A daytime show has a very different audience of viewers than one in the evening, just before primetime. (It airs here at 7 pm, right after ABC World News with David Muir, followed by Wheel of Fortune at 7:30.)

And maybe it’s due to my age, but I tend to think of syndicated shows as reruns of old shows like Seinfeld and Friends (though I do understand how syndication works for any type of program).

Last edited:
I feel for Brad - he knows he has to go for it on the Daily Doubles or he doesn't stand a chance and it's really killed him. I think he's ended up with more DDs than the other two for the first two nights, though, he's just not getting them right.

I agree; he has to be so frustrated. Seems like he’s either just had bad luck with the answers, or he’s cracking under pressure. Ken, on the other hand, is pulling out all the stops and doing great. You can tell
he wants the win so badly. James is cool as a cucumber, as always. :teeth: The Daily Doubles are clearly the key to winning this tournament. (James did not get any DDs in the first match; if he did, he likely would have won.)

Is it just me or does the new jazzed-up version of the Final Jeopardy music seem faster?

The tournament now has to, at LEAST, go a fourth night in order for someone to win. :woohoo:

I’m not really sure if the Final Jeopardy theme is really faster or it’s just the backbeat that makes it seem faster.

Either way, am I the only one who thinks it sounds like something that would play in Tomorrowland or Future World? LOL.

I’m not really sure if the Final Jeopardy theme is really faster or it’s just the backbeat that makes it seem faster.

Either way, am I the only one who thinks it sounds like something that would play in Tomorrowland or Future World? LOL.

It definitely does!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter