Jeopardy Showdown 1/7/20

I think you're right that James was a game-changer. What's interesting in this tournament is that James is playing his same game. Ken has adapted to a more James style and is coming out on top. I really enjoyed watching James play, but it's like Ken is beating him at his own game.
There is some luck involved, but maybe Ken just has the more encyclopedic knowledge to keep control and hunt the DDs.

I think you're right that James was a game-changer. What's interesting in this tournament is that James is playing his same game. Ken has adapted to a more James style and is coming out on top. I really enjoyed watching James play, but it's like Ken is beating him at his own game.

So has Brad. Brad got more Daily Doubles than the other two, I think, by going for those lower answers, where they tend to be. And if he had gotten most of them right, this tournament would be so different. :upsidedow

What was the question/answer? I missed the show last night. I'm just curious, because I met Barbara Jean Day, the woman who was the inspiration for Morticia, back in the early 90s.

Category was something about Green Thumbs. Clue was 'Carolyn Jones played this TV wife who cut the blooms off her roses' and something about thorns.

My Fios TV Listing doesn't have the tournament on for tonight. It has American Housewife and Fresh Off the Boat. Is it not on tonight?

My Fios TV Listing doesn't have the tournament on for tonight. It has American Housewife and Fresh Off the Boat. Is it not on tonight?

No. It picks back up next Tuesday. I think if it goes to a 7th night it will be on next Friday, but not this Friday.

Here's the full Morticia Addams clue, from the J! Archive:

"Played by Carolyn Jones in the 60s, she loved to cut the heads off her roses & rejoiced when her thorns came in sharp"

I've gotten three triple stumpers so far: this one, the Willy Wonka movie quotation clue, and last night's keylogger clue.

Heads up that ABC will be re-airing the first three games tomorrow night from 8-11 pm ET.

Here's the full Morticia Addams clue, from the J! Archive:

"Played by Carolyn Jones in the 60s, she loved to cut the heads off her roses & rejoiced when her thorns came in sharp"

I've gotten three triple stumpers so far: this one, the Willy Wonka movie quotation clue, and last night's keylogger clue.

Heads up that ABC will be re-airing the first three games tomorrow night from 8-11 pm ET.
How did they not know about keylogging?? That surprised me!!

I'm another wanting Ken to win. I haven't watch every show this week from beginning to end but last night I knew the answer to a question none of them did. For about 2 seconds I felt like the smartest person on the planet! LOL
Yes! I actually came up with Alfonso Cuaron and Ang Lee for the Final Jeopardy question. I even surprised myself, lol. I don't remember where I put my keys or purse but somehow I can remember trivial stuff like directors names. :confused3

No. It picks back up next Tuesday. I think if it goes to a 7th night it will be on next Friday, but not this Friday.

The TV guide lists it (as of now) as next Tues - Fri. (Subject to change if one of the guys wins sooner.)

I don't know if they took a break between filming episodes. Let's hope Brad spent that time clicking the top of a ball point pen, as practice.

On TMZ yesterday, that's what Alex Trebek says folks have told him that's what they do at home when watching. Click the top of a ball point pen before answering. And yes, when they get the answer right, they do feel like a genius afterwards for a short while. :cloud9:

Alex was live on TMZ. He didn't look good. :( He looked really tired and like he's been battling a lot. It really showed on his face. He looked tired and haggard. :(

30 minute like my interview with Men nd Brad before the GOAT Tournament started
no, they don't give away anything.

Holy Cow!!!

What a great game. It could have gone either way depending on how they wagered in the end. :hyper: :woohoo:

Yeah, poor Brad. $4,000,000+ already, at least $250,000 more after the tournament :D

And the winner is...Ken Jennings! James missed Final Jeopardy in round 2, and had bet everything

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter