June, July, August PLANNING thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the offer...afraid if we experience concierge, we'd never be happy w/o it again. We'll be rolling into the BWV from Vistana on 6/20 & leave late 6/24; only taking youngest DS this time, old enough but, still hesitant to leave him alone in a strange place & he got awfully growly last time we put him in daycare.

We started out thrilled just to be @ WDW in the Values, then stayed @ HRH onto the AS Mo over Pres Day/cheerleaders, etc.; talk about a clash!

Moved on over to DVC studios, I'm afraid to stay in a 1 BR. Once DH experiences a room level, he never looks back! Would have to add on a bucket of points to maintain the status quo.LOL

Sorry to hear about your adversion to heat/sun, good thing they've got AC nearly everywhere in FL. I'm an old school sunworshiper (still-bad habits are hard to break, so much sun damage I need to tan to cover my wrinkles). Do visit dermatoligist every year for skin check. He actually suggested that I go to tanning salon for a very light base & wear sunscreen in the "real" sun.

When we lived in FL, the locals always told us if you saw a body of standing water, NEVER venture into it...if you see water & it's not in a swimming pool, there's probably gators/snakes, etc. We did swim in many of the natural spring recreation areas (how refreshing!) & they were netted off to keep out the critters & inspected regularly. Just heard about the poor woman who was "snorkleing" & got killed - shame...just had to pull out the cute sign on myself LOL:offtopic:

Jesussavedme said:
keishashadow said:
Pa's nice for change of seasons & better yet (no alligators). Scary,... It really is, but then there are the occasional shark attacks and the scariest thing about living in FL to me is heat sickness and skin cancer! I get both unfortunately and will eventually move out of here, hopefully back to PA. Disney is the only good thing about FL if ya ask me! ;)

Did hear that's why they closed River County WP @ FW...way too OT here

Ya know, I always wondered why they closed it, cuz I loved it there. But I have seen a few posts on this board lately about the gators over in the Disney resort ponds and lagoon by WL, so that must be the reason for its closing.

Hope late June will be manageable. I'm thinking it won't be, so just grin & bare it!

We've always avoided concierge, .... Why don't you guys come over one day to WL, and enjoy concierge with us! We check in up there on the 22nd, out on the 25th. Like come over for desserts and adult beverages in the evening or something! :thumbsup2
Tell me whatcha think.

TOMAR@SSR said:
TP2- Yes, it certainly feels better to be doing the FUN things of planning rather than watching and waiting everyday. My DH really thought I was starting to loose it, and kept telling me to forget about the AP, and call member services to see for the 2 days. Thank goodness I did ;)
Believe me, I can relate to keeping the budget too ! When the boys were young, we mostly were at the Mods, (values didn`t exist yet) and the times we were at the GF, my DH had Employees Conventions, each time. I was fortunate to accompany him, and even took the boys :thumbsup2
For a long time we kept putting off buying into DVC,(the boys schooling, graduations, weddings), but when our youngest DS got married, in `03, DH and I Bought in, as a "gift to Ourselves" :cloud9:
Soooo, now we look forward to taking our "Grandchildren" (when they arrive), someday :love:

My DH thought I was going to lose it too. :crazy: I was so stressed out because I was planning for 2 parties other than my own family. It was a lot to have everyone ask me what is going on and what are we paying for the rooms. I was reminded quite frequently that no one could afford rack rate but the moderates were completely sold out, and to get 3 rooms, it would never happen. Dh was the stronghold for going in July and finally gave in so we could book in August and take the pressure off of me. I am so glad because now everything is falling into place and we have our ADR's all planned. We should have a great trip. :wave2:

I need some advice/help. I am somewhat creatively challenged. I had booked Poly standard room for August for my DH, DD and myself. As a surprise for my DHs 40th birthday, I changed my ressies to GVC. We have never stayed in concierge before and I am so excited!!!. My problem: I would like a cute way to tell my husband about the concierge. I was thinking of waiting until we are on the plane, but I may not be able to wait that long. Any suggestions?? Thanks :sunny:

tripplanner2 said:
My DH thought I was going to lose it too. :crazy: I was so stressed out because I was planning for 2 parties other than my own family. It was a lot to have everyone ask me what is going on and what are we paying for the rooms. I was reminded quite frequently that no one could afford rack rate but the moderates were completely sold out, and to get 3 rooms, it would never happen. Dh was the stronghold for going in July and finally gave in so we could book in August and take the pressure off of me. I am so glad because now everything is falling into place and we have our ADR's all planned. We should have a great trip. :wave2:
OMG!, I`m so glad that yu have decided to go in Aug. without all the stress of waiting for discounted rooms!! :wave2: I can just imagine how you were feeling! In `01, DH and I took our whole family, 3 rooms, Dinner Plans, Park tickets, transportation.... all this was left up to me :crazy: It worked out well in the end, and when we finally left for WDW, I really was thinking of becoming a travel agent :lmao: After all that!!! OH, and I forgot to say " That was one of our most FUN trips, we ever had !!!!! So, your going to have a wonderful time, I`m SURE :thumbsup2 when all is said and done!!!!!! :goodvibes

TOMAR@SSR said:
OMG!, I`m so glad that yu have decided to go in Aug. without all the stress of waiting for discounted rooms!! :wave2: I can just imagine how you were feeling! In `01, DH and I took our whole family, 3 rooms, Dinner Plans, Park tickets, transportation.... all this was left up to me :crazy: It worked out well in the end, and when we finally left for WDW, I really was thinking of becoming a travel agent :lmao: After all that!!! OH, and I forgot to say " That was one of our most FUN trips, we ever had !!!!! So, your going to have a wonderful time, I`m SURE :thumbsup2 when all is said and done!!!!!! :goodvibes
Yes we changed and I am happy about it. Problem now is DS registered for a class in August and now her July class is full. It is never easy. :rolleyes:

morrismhs said:
I need some advice/help. I am somewhat creatively challenged. I had booked Poly standard room for August for my DH, DD and myself. As a surprise for my DHs 40th birthday, I changed my ressies to GVC. We have never stayed in concierge before and I am so excited!!!. My problem: I would like a cute way to tell my husband about the concierge. I was thinking of waiting until we are on the plane, but I may not be able to wait that long. Any suggestions?? Thanks :sunny:
We did one night last year at AKL so we could do the sunrise safari. It finally worked out that our last night worked out for our final day for the safari to be that day. I kept it a secret from the end of March (when codes came out) until the night we were suppose to stay concierge. You can keep it a secret!! We had a different color key...I'd try to wait. I wanted to get them in the elevator and put the key in the special slot. The kids were fascinated by it when we'd go to Boma to eat :) But, it didn't work out that way...

I finally had to tell the three of them on the bus though on our last day when we were heading back to the Lodge. We were all so tired and they all wanted to sleep in on our last full day and just hang out. Well, that doesn't work for the sunrise safari. I had nothing on the schedule for that day so they were all shocked when we had to get up even earlier than usually!! It was going to be mutiny. I made arrangements through email to remain in our same room so we wouldn't have to move for one night and they never even knew about that. It was awesome and it was Father's Day. Very special :cloud9:

Keep it a secret!

tripplanner2 said:
Yes we changed and I am happy about it. Problem now is DS registered for a class in August and now her July class is full. It is never easy. :rolleyes:
Ouch!!!!!!!! Well, I`m sure, things will straighten themselves out ! pixiedust:

okay...this is a big time OT, but I have to share with my summer planners. It's been a long, cold, rainy track season this year, but yesterday and today we finally had nice, DRY weather and in the 60's rather than wind chills of 30. AND!! DD is the 7th grade city discus champ and DS is the 8th grade city shot put and discus champ. I'm so EXCITED!! :woohoo:

And, now that track is over...
WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!!

guess I should pack....

TOMAR@SSR said:
Ouch!!!!!!!! Well, I`m sure, things will straighten themselves out ! pixiedust:

I keep trying to tell myself that but I have not yet canceled our July reservations (even though I am dying to). I think I need lots of pixiedust:

EEyorelover22 said:
okay...this is a big time OT, but I have to share with my summer planners. It's been a long, cold, rainy track season this year, but yesterday and today we finally had nice, DRY weather and in the 60's rather than wind chills of 30. AND!! DD is the 7th grade city discus champ and DS is the 8th grade city shot put and discus champ. I'm so EXCITED!! :woohoo:

guess I should pack....

Congratulations :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

It is really amazing how what our childrens accomplishments make us more happy than anything. :cloud9: My DD7 finished Harry Potter during Christmas break. We are still beeming that she is doing so well with her reading.

Now...go start packing! :goodvibes

EEyorelover22 said:

guess I should pack....
Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cheer2: That`s sooo exciting EEyorelover22 !!!

"CONGRATULATIONS" to both of them :cheer2:

tripplanner2 said:
I keep trying to tell myself that but I have not yet canceled our July reservations (even though I am dying to). I think I need lots of pixiedust:
TP2- it sounds like you getting confused. I think that mabe you should set some goals to follow, and make them known to everyone that is going on this trip ;). Mabe, you could make an itenerary, give one to all the travelers Dates, times, plans etc., and if they have any concerns, then they will let you know, until then ,whatever your planning ( you shouldn`t have to stop to think about " UH OH, mabe he or she can`t do this, or that")
That`s way to hard on you :grouphug:

tripplanner2 said:
Congratulations :cheer2: :Pinkbounc :cheer2:

It is really amazing how what our childrens accomplishments make us more happy than anything. :cloud9: My DD7 finished Harry Potter during Christmas break. We are still beeming that she is doing so well with her reading.

Now...go start packing! :goodvibes
Good reading skills will take them far in life!! :cheer2:

We have been planning for about a year now and are down to only 62 more days until our 8th time at WDW!!!!! We are going down on July 19th and are staying there for a week (until July 25th). We have chosen to try to the Platinum Plan for the first time and are anxious to see how it all works out. We have already picked the restaurants we will be eating at every night. We are staying at the Grand Floridian for our fourth time and are trying to get our favorite room (the one we have been able to stay in the past three times), but we don't know if we have the room until a week before. Included in the Platinum Plan are all sorts of tours, so we picked the segway tour, which I am VERY excited about!! I have only heard good things about it. We also have unlimited use of the speed boats and pontoon boats. I will be on those during all of my extra time!!! I am also getting my hair cut at the GF. Has anybody else done this before? Everytime we pass the Hair place in the GF it always seems to be closed... :confused3 .

Anyways, we have been SOOO excited about this trip, seems more than all of our other trips. We have three different countdowns around our house. We have one near our living room and hallway, this has 62 little mickey heads on a dry erase board which we erase one mickey head each day. Next to the mickey heads we have the exact number. Then in our kitchen we have a big mickey head on a small chalkboard in which the days left are erased and changed each day. Finally, there is a small pad of sticky notes on my bedroom door which I pull one off each day. I guess you could call us *very* excited.

TOMAR@SSR said:
TP2- it sounds like you getting confused. I think that mabe you should set some goals to follow, and make them known to everyone that is going on this trip ;). Mabe, you could make an itenerary, give one to all the travelers Dates, times, plans etc., and if they have any concerns, then they will let you know, until then ,whatever your planning ( you shouldn`t have to stop to think about " UH OH, mabe he or she can`t do this, or that")
That`s way to hard on you :grouphug:

I know you are right but I know my parents will be really disappointed if she can't make it.

Last year this worked out so well. My DH and I decided to take the kids and made all of our own plans. Then when people heard about it they just started adding on to everything we had already planned. It was definatly less stressful. This year we decided as a group to go back and now EVERYONE took out their calanders and EVERYONE has an opinion as to where we eat and what day we do what. I AM doing an itinerary of everything we (my DH and kids) are doing and will pass it out before we go just to let everyone know what we have planned and if they want to join us fine and if they want to sleep in, that is also fine. I guess my shortcomings in life are that I am always looking to make those around me happy and put my own happiness on the backburner. I get yelled at for it all the time by close friends and family, but that IS what makes me happy.

I hear you loud and clear TP2- about thinking FIRST, about your family :goodvibes
My family has always came first, in my life, and honestly I really have always just gotten the greatest pleasure out of it !!! :love:
You have the right idea, give everyone the plan, and then just let them go with it, or not. Meantime yu, your DH and children can do somethings alone too :thumbsup2
Your going to have a Great time !!!! Your a super planner!! :sunny: :goodvibes :wave:

meanwhile, I`m home today trying to get packing, because were leaving the last week of june for my son`s home in SC. It`s amazing the things I bought and just put away this year, I just don`t remember buying some of them :rotfl: , but I`m happy to see I have them :sunny:

THanks for the advice - I will definitely try to keep it a secret!! He is just going to love it. Maybe I will get an early birthday card and give it to him on the plane. Thanks again and enjoy your own trip!! :sunny:

Hey, to all my friends here that have been on the code watch thread :goodvibes
An AP rate came out today :cool1: , I was able to switch to the BWI for $189.00 before tax for 2 days! I hope you guys are able to look into it !!!!!! :banana:

Tomar@ssr: I thought about what you said and I took the bull by the horns. I cancelled July (anyone wanting AKL standard there are now rooms)! I sent my DS an e-mail and said we are going August 15, hope you can make it. That is it, we are done. All of my ADRs are made, all I need now is a Ding for our flight. :Pinkbounc

tripplanner2 said:
Tomar@ssr: I thought about what you said and I took the bull by the horns. I cancelled July (anyone wanting AKL standard there are now rooms)! I sent my DS an e-mail and said we are going August 15, hope you can make it. That is it, we are done. All of my ADRs are made, all I need now is a Ding for our flight. :Pinkbounc

What dates did you cancel for standard AKL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter