List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that is the thing that bothers me the most. Instead of saying "we will not be open in June", so all the June people can plan their life, they prefer to eek out whatever they can get from us and keep reservations they know they wont be able to honor. If they were ready in June, and told everyone they weren't going to be open until July 1, they could do a soft opening with locals. You know people would come. But, instead, they are waiting as long as possible to keep us all hanging on so they can get our money if they can. Not a good look IMO.
If they did what you said, people who had June reservations would be upset. Disney probably legitimately believed they would be open in June back in March when they closed. The situation didn’t allow for that. First they stopped people from booking in June and now they’re cancelling people week to week. I’m not sure how they could have done this much better.

If they did what you said, people who had June reservations would be upset. Disney probably legitimately believed they would be open in June back in March when they closed. The situation didn’t allow for that. First they stopped people from booking in June and now they’re cancelling people week to week. I’m not sure how they could have done this much better.
Being one of the people with a June reservation, I would be much happier with Disney if they let me know further in advance that they weren't able to open like they thought, and they hope to open soon. Giving people 3 weeks or less to plan for a cross country trip where job schedules, animal care, property care is involved is not enough time for me, and most people I know. If you live closer, or have a less complicated life, it might work for you.

Being one of the people with a June reservation, I would be much happier with Disney if they let me know further in advance that they weren't able to open like they thought, and they hope to open soon. Giving people 3 weeks or less to plan for a cross country trip where job schedules, animal care, property care is involved is not enough time for me, and most people I know. If you live closer, or have a less complicated life, it might work for you.

It's a very fluid situation and likely hard to give a set date.

My son and his friends had a June 1 - 8 trip booked at Copper Creek using our DVC points. While he hasn't received any communication from DVC about a cancellation (as noted above they are cancelling 5-7 days prior to check in), all of their ADR's and fast passes disappeared through June 6 on MDE. This was a replacement trip for a previously cancelled one, May 11-18. It's supposed to be their grand college graduation victory lap trip.

I just finished rebooking them July 18 - 25. Here's hoping third time's the charm!! 🤞
Did you actually find a whole week in late July available at CC right now, or was that some DVC member services magic?

Being one of the people with a June reservation, I would be extremely ticked off if they canceled all of June and then ended up opening partially after I canceled/rescheduled everything.
I think the way they are trying to give people three weeks notice and full refunds is fantastic. My daughter had a trip booked through EF Explore kinda through her school, and they only gave ~60% back with about two weeks notice (which we still haven’t received two weeks later). Call me brain washed, but I think Disney has done great with the knowledge they’ve had.

Giving people 3 weeks or less to plan for a cross country trip where job schedules, animal care, property care is involved is not enough time for me, and most people I know

Try 48 hrs. That’s what we got in March with no inkling that it would ever be closed. Everyone has known since then they are closed, make reservations at your own risk. If you don’t have a flexible schedule, you probably shouldn’t have a reservation in the next few months.

My only complaint with Disney is they should have clearly spelled it out when they allowed reservations in May and June, that it did not indicate that they would be open.

Try 48 hrs. That’s what we got in March with no inkling that it would ever be closed. Everyone has known since then they are closed, make reservations at your own risk. If you don’t have a flexible schedule, you probably shouldn’t have a reservation in the next few months.

My only complaint with Disney is they should have clearly spelled it out when they allowed reservations in May and June, that it did not indicate that they would be open.
They did :( from May 4

https://blogmickey.com/2020/05/disn...ne-but-that-doesnt-mean-were-opening-in-june/

I totally get it. I want to know with enough time to make other plans. But, I ask you what would be a worse scenario for you:
1. Disney cancels your reservation 3 weeks prior because they are not reopening.
2. Disney cancels your reservation 6 weeks prior because they think they may not reopen, and then they do reopen.

Did you actually find a whole week in late July available at CC right now, or was that some DVC member services magic?

No, we ended up with a split stay - five nights at CC and two at AKL. I'm going to keep stalking the website and see if I can switch the other two back to CC. That is what I did with his first cancellation. We had to piece together that replacement as well, but eventually got June 1 - 8 completely at CC. I'm hoping I can do it again, but if not he's happy to move to AKL for a couple of nights.

Same with us. June is our second attempt where we got shut down. This probably plays into why I am so frustrated with Disney's lack of communication, and rolling cancellations. Everyone has different opinions, but I am sure I am not alone in being disappointed in how they are handling their cancellations. Communication is KEY. Dribbling out information every day is aggravating.

Last edited:
I totally get it. I want to know with enough time to make other plans. But, I ask you what would be a worse scenario for you:
1. Disney cancels your reservation 3 weeks prior because they are not reopening.
2. Disney cancels your reservation 6 weeks prior because they think they may not reopen, and then they do reopen.
Without a question, for me I would much rather know that they do not plan to be open so I can make other plans. It wouldn't affect me at all if they ended up opening after all because I understand how soft openings can be beneficial. The secrecy and dribbling out of information while I have so much money on the line is very frustrating.

Without a question, for me I would much rather know that they do not plan to be open so I can make other plans. It wouldn't affect me at all if they ended up opening after all because I understand how soft openings can be beneficial. The secrecy and dribbling out of information while I have so much money on the line is very frustrating.
Well, according to their current plan, they don't plan to be open. They're closed indefinitely and have no announced opening date, and have not announced a plan to release an opening date anytime soon. This is directly from Disney, which seems to be the info you're looking for. They're not keeping anything secret - these boards are just digging into everything a lot more and speculating.

First of all, they obviously had the intention of opening in June and they very well still could open in June. What happens if they make a statement like that and end up opening sooner?
I mean only if they don’t plan to open in June instead of doing this rolling cancelling nonsense. If they’re trying to open in June, I’m fine with the process.

Well, according to their current plan, they don't plan to be open. They're closed indefinitely and have no announced opening date, and have not announced a plan to release an opening date anytime soon. This is directly from Disney, which seems to be the info you're looking for. They're not keeping anything secret - these boards are just digging into everything a lot more and speculating.
Our first trip was cancelled 2 days before we were to arrive. They were offering a promotion for people needing to rebook from their March cancelled reservations, so we booked our trip for June. Your comment about semantics really doesnt apply. I get that some of you don't agree with me, but there really is no need to continue to argue. Disney has thousands of dollars of mine that were pre-paid before our March trip. I rebooked based on THEIR PROMOTION for June. I don't think it is too much to ask for them to communicate in a timely manner -- less than 3 weeks is not reasonable in my mind. No further arguing required.

Last edited:
I have split stays and only received 1 email, do you get more then one email for multiple hotel stays? The email doesn't list anything specific as to what got cancelled.
  • AK June 6th-7th (I believe this is the cancellation, but it still shows in my plan)
  • CB June 7th-8th (park 7 day tickets and fast passes associated with this rez)
  • CB June 8th-11th
  • PV June 11th-13th
None of my fast passes have been cancelled yet. If the theory of Disney opening on a Monday is correct I would think my hotel rez for June 7th with my tickets is currently still valid, at least until next week if they push it another week. I have not called to verify anything.

My complaint is they should have NEVER taken a reservation for a time they didn't know if they'd be open or not. Pretty irresponsible, frankly.

I have split stays and only received 1 email, do you get more then one email for multiple hotel stays? The email doesn't list anything specific as to what got cancelled.
  • AK June 6th-7th (I believe this is the cancellation, but it still shows in my plan)
  • CB June 7th-8th (park 7 day tickets and fast passes associated with this rez)
  • CB June 8th-11th
  • PV June 11th-13th
None of my fast passes have been cancelled yet. If the theory of Disney opening on a Monday is correct I would think my hotel rez for June 7th with my tickets is currently still valid, at least until next week if they push it another week. I have not called to verify anything.
Current cancellations are only through the 6th I believe. So I think you are correct, your 7th reservation is still valid. For now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter