Marathon Weekend 2018

Be careful if you use it though, as far as I know they closed the loophole of being able to use FPs without entering the park first & you could end up locked out of your MDE. You could use single rider as well.
That's my understanding too, which is why I didn't bother booking a FP for RnRC. Guess my only ride will be EE.

I had my first marathon nightmare of the season a couple of weeks ago. The only socks I had were big floppy cotton tube socks and instead of Body Glide, I had Bag Balm. Then when I was walking to the start I couldn't keep up with my 87 year old mom.

I have lots of nightmares but not being able to keep up with my mom isn't one of them. Most of mine involve over sleeping or forgetting all my running gear.

AMEN TO THAT...can we not get someone who actually makes a decent running shoe?
Reviews of the Sketchers Razor have been pretty favorable, but the certainly aren't as mainstream as other manufacturers. There shoe line is not that expansive and all the reviews seem to be targeted to their shoes that are boarderline racing flats. I don't Disney themed Razors or Gorun 5's would do well. I think most people at Disney are going to want more shoe than sub 8oz racing shoes. My buddy ran LA and it seems like they did a good job with that race.

For demographic overlap Brooks would be really interesting. They have a pretty broad shoe offering in both men's and womens.

Personally I would be all over a pair of Disney themed Adidas Boston Boosts

Can anyone recall what 5K/10K Dopey corral placement you had in 2017 with a marathon proof of time between 4:45 and 5:00, and about what time you started the 5K and 10K?

Can anyone recall what 5K/10K Dopey corral placement you had in 2017 with a marathon proof of time between 4:45 and 5:00, and about what time you started the 5K and 10K?
I had roughly a 5:30 proof of time. I was in corral E for 5K/10K. I’d imagine you’d be better than E for sure.

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.51.36 PM.png

POT of 4:45-5:00 would be around Corral G/H.

Screen Shot 2017-11-09 at 12.53.40 PM.png

The 5k/10k start times are above (roughly). The Dopey Bib = 5k/10k bib is to the right. There is a big asterisk on this though because I made the Dopey = 5k/10k based on 2016 times, but from memory many people were further back in 5k/10k corrals than I had predicted. I think it depends significantly on the non-challenge 5k/10k participants as to where the Dopey bibs fall out. But based on this, I'd say maybe C/D for the 5k and 10k? Which would be roughly a 5:50-6:00am start time.

@Barca33Runner was in G last year for Dopey and @Chasing Dopey was in H last year for Dopey. So they would know where they ended up for the 5k/10k last year based on a G/H Dopey bib.

View attachment 282525

View attachment 282527

The 5k/10k start times are above (roughly). The Dopey Bib = 5k/10k bib is to the right. There is a big asterisk on this though because I made the Dopey = 5k/10k based on 2016 times, but from memory many people were further back in 5k/10k corrals than I had predicted. I think it depends significantly on the non-challenge 5k/10k participants as to where the Dopey bibs fall out. But based on this, I'd say maybe C/D for the 5k and 10k? Which would be roughly a 5:50-6:00am start time.

@Barca33Runner was in G last year for Dopey and @Chasing Dopey was in H last year for Dopey. So they would know where they ended up for the 5k/10k last year based on a G/H Dopey bib.

I’m pretty sure my proof of time last year was 4:50 for Dopey. I’m pretty sure I was in H for the full (bib in pictures is a little crinkled) and C for the 5k and 10k.

Looking at Garmin data, I started the 5k at 6:14 (race started at 6), the 10k at 5:44, and the full at 6:00. For the 5k and 10k, I think I was fairly close to the front of the corral, and for the full - I don’t remember.

One other question. Post races, what is the bus drop off route for the Epcot resorts? Does it start at BWI and work around to Swan/Dolphin, or does it do the reverse?

We'll be at BCV and trying to figure out if it will just be easier to get off at BWI and walk if it is the first stop.

View attachment 282525

View attachment 282527

I believe my PoT was for 4:30 and I was in G for the Half/Full and B for the 5k/10k. Hope that helps.

I finally got around to renewing my husband's pass + adding my mother to our studio reservation so I could make us our FP+ reservations

Good news though that our waitlist for Sunday Night came through! I added it once Light Side was officially cancelled & didn't expect it to come through. I'm glad to some good news today!

One other question. Post races, what is the bus drop off route for the Epcot resorts? Does it start at BWI and work around to Swan/Dolphin, or does it do the reverse?

We'll be at BCV and trying to figure out if it will just be easier to get off at BWI and walk if it is the first stop.

Starts at BWI and ends at BC, it is not long as just dropping off runners and moving on. Was at BC and just wanted to get there and shower, eat and lay down so that was frustrating.

It would take longer to walk but if the weather is good and you want to stretch your legs then could be an option.

Starts at BWI and ends at BC, it is not long as just dropping off runners and moving on. Was at BC and just wanted to get there and shower, eat and lay down so that was frustrating.

It would take longer to walk but if the weather is good and you want to stretch your legs then could be an option.

Wine and Dine weekend it started at the Swan and ended at BWI

Oh, I didn't even think of that! Thank you! I was originally thinking of doing single rider and my husband suggested the fastpasses - but neither of us remembered that I wouldn't actually be using my band to enter the park.

I thought about this last weekend during Wine & Dine and we chatted about it a bit at the Hurricane Hannahs meet up, so I thought I would throw it out to see if anyone was interested. Would anyone want to have a text group(can't think of a better way) where we let each other know where the characters are during the races? I know some of you like to get some character pics and some of you like to hit only certain ones to conserve time. But we don't know ahead of time who's on the course and where they are. I'm typically going out of the A corral but I do they races for fun and wouldn't have no problem stopping after each character spot to let people know who's where(full disclosure- I'm stopping to get pics anyways :) ). It's something we could set up closer to the race but just thought I bring up now to gauge any interest. Maybe I'm just overthinking it? :listen: :bored:

I thought about this last weekend during Wine & Dine and we chatted about it a bit at the Hurricane Hannahs meet up, so I thought I would throw it out to see if anyone was interested. Would anyone want to have a text group(can't think of a better way) where we let each other know where the characters are during the races? I know some of you like to get some character pics and some of you like to hit only certain ones to conserve time. But we don't know ahead of time who's on the course and where they are. I'm typically going out of the A corral but I do they races for fun and wouldn't have no problem stopping after each character spot to let people know who's where(full disclosure- I'm stopping to get pics anyways :) ). It's something we could set up closer to the race but just thought I bring up now to gauge any interest. Maybe I'm just overthinking it? :listen: :bored:

WhatsApp would probably be a better option to accommodate any international runners.

@croach although I like the text/characters idea in theory, I don't know that I would actually want to keep checking my phone in practice. I appreciate the thought though, in all honesty, the surprise of trying to figure out who actually is up ahead, is part of my racing distraction plan ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter