Mask mandates being lifted in some places

Status
Not open for further replies.
Masks are fine. I wear one all day, even when I'm working around the farm all day as I am in contact with other people. Not fun, but making it work.

It's my dry, cracked, painful hands from the constant washing and hand sanitizer that are driving me insane. My hands feel like sandpaper. For real, I could pick up a towel without use my fingers...like just velcroed to my palm.
Vaseline just came out with 2-in-1 hand sanitizer lotion. I got it today

And I swear these masks are jacking up my skin. I have always had clear skin and now in my chin and upper neck area I’ve been having breakouts. It can’t just be a coincidence.
My poor daughter finally had made big headway with her acne. That went in the toilet when she started wearing her mask all the time at college.

I mean, I've really enjoyed not being sick at all for over a year. I might keep wearing a mask too.
Me too, except I'm the opposite, I rarely wear a mask unless I have to. I'm one of those that believes we need beneficial bacteria if we're ever going to beat this thing. I've been exposed too many times to count and have faired well. Same with my best friend. I was just at Disney yesterday and I can't tell you how dirty I felt with that nasty mask on all day. I swear I touched my face a hundred times more often than I ever did without one. It was miserable. God bless those that have to wear one all the time to work. I really do feel for you. It made me realize how blessed we were and just how much we take for granted the fresh air we breathe.

I cannot wait until vaccinations are widespread enough that we can ditch masks. I absolutely loathe wearing a mask.

I know we’re all supposed to say it’s easy and no big deal and it’s a small sacrifice and unless you’re lungs are failing you shouldn’t have breathing issues and blah blah blah but I hate it. I find it miserable. I end up breathing through my mouth unless I’m actively just thinking about breathing, my face gets all damp, I feel claustrophobic and like I’m suffocating ugh. Masks are not here to stay for me, that’s for sure!
AMEN! It's bad enough that I have hot flashes that have been going on for 4 loooong years, but add a mask to that and then it sets off a hot flash which in turn causes a panic attack....just kill me now. The weirdest thing to me is that so many people are all for them and seem to even LIKE them!??? I told my best friend that no doubt there will be a lot of people that will wear them for the rest of their lives. She buys masks all the time and I'm over here like, "I hope to God I ain't gonna be needing a mask with Christmas print on it!!" ugh! When they become an accessory, there in lies the problem.

I think we would love to see a link to that because that is contrary to everything said in recent weeks. I can find nothing about Pfizer saying anything about that. And that is the real issue, your risk of getting sick after getting after get both vaccines is almost eliminated, but you still can be a carrier and a spreader.
As for the masks, why on earth would places eliminate mask requirements within a week of Dr. Fauci talking about the reality that we may need to be DOUBLE masking.
Isn't he the same guy that told us masks would not do anything to stop the spread?

And I swear these masks are jacking up my skin. I have always had clear skin and now in my chin and upper neck area I’ve been having breakouts. It can’t just be a coincidence.
Keeping bacteria trapped against your face is definitely going to cause some problems. My friend is a nurse and her husband is a plastic surgeon and she told me that they have seen a huge uptick in clients coming in for skin problems due to masks. Both of them told me that wearing masks for long periods of time do more harm than good and that they do nothing more than make people FEEL safer. I'm going with what the surgeon and the OR nurses are saying.

Me too, except I'm the opposite, I rarely wear a mask unless I have to. I'm one of those that believes we need beneficial bacteria if we're ever going to beat this thing. I've been exposed too many times to count and have faired well. Same with my best friend. I was just at Disney yesterday and I can't tell you how dirty I felt with that nasty mask on all day. I swear I touched my face a hundred times more often than I ever did without one. It was miserable. God bless those that have to wear one all the time to work. I really do feel for you. It made me realize how blessed we were and just how much we take for granted the fresh air we breathe.

I am 100% with you! I rarely wear a mask and yes they are so gross.

Keeping bacteria trapped against your face is definitely going to cause some problems. My friend is a nurse and her husband is a plastic surgeon and she told me that they have seen a huge uptick in clients coming in for skin problems due to masks. Both of them told me that wearing masks for long periods of time do more harm than good and that they do nothing more than make people FEEL safer. I'm going with what the surgeon and the OR nurses are saying.

I know people in the medical field also that don’t agree with the way they making people wear masks. The touching them is one of the biggest issues and most do.

I don't recall that, but it has been a long 11 months.
Yes it has. That's been my biggest issue since day one. I will never forget the sense of dread I had when we were being told that masks would not protect us against this thing. It was scary! I just assumed they were starting a panic so they back peddled and changed their tune. Media at it's finest.

I know people in the medical field also that don’t agree with the way they making people wear masks. The touching them is one of the biggest issues and most do.
Exactly. Doctors wear them into a room and toss them for a fresh one every time they leave the room. Not one of us is doing anything close to that. Mine's in my purse or laying in my car. I constantly adjust it. It feels sooo nasty. I'm pretty sure we're keeping ourselves sick because of this. I mean to each their own, but for me it just seems like common sense.

For those that feel like they can't breathe/are terribly uncomfortable in masks, they should be evaluated by a physician. This is not normal, but some people do have mask-related anxiety which can cause these feelings. It's important to sort out what is wrong - whether the issue is physical or mental. The anxiety can be overcome by a number of breathing and visualization exercises. If the problem is physical, such a lung problem, this probably would make you a candidate for severe Covid disease and possibly long-term effects, so it is more important that you find a mask that actually works for you or somehow otherwise reduce your risk as much as possible.
Yikes! Diagnosed on the DIS? 😯

My first day at the parks and I got back to the room and already had a pimple. Those synthetic things aren't supposed to be smushed up on our skin out in the hot sun like that.
Cystic acne?

Was wearing a two layer t-shirt like fabric mask when out with my sister grocery shopping this past Saturday, and I had it on maybe twenty minutes when I realized I was having some difficulty breathing. The thing kept molding itself over my nostrils and mouth whenever I took a breath. I don't have mask anxiety at all, and I wear one wherever and whenever I'm supposed to even though I really hate it. But this was real, and upsetting. It was the fabric the mask was made of, luckily my sister had a spare disposable one in her purse and I was better after that. Sometimes, if it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck, it's a duck. Sometimes people can't breathe properly in a mask. I'll be glad when this time is done, whenever that is.

....I have no idea what those numbers mean. I'm guessing that it's bad...? :confused3
Minimum 19.5% oxygen. CO2, maximum levels over an 8 hour exposure is 0.5%. 3% for 10 minute exposure.

The past 2 weeks we've had an ambulance in the plant twice from people passing out. Our manufacturing environment is consistently 20.2% and 0.2% for CO2. I just realized the meter doesn't show units. That would also be in percentages.

The Occupational Safety and Health Administration, OSHA, determined the optimal range of oxygen in the air for humans runs between 19.5 and 23.5 percent.

Serious side effects can occur if the oxygen levels drop outside the safe zone. When oxygen concentrations drop from 19.5 to 16 percent, and you engage in physical activity, your cells fail to receive the oxygen needed to function correctly. Mental functions become impaired and respiration intermittent at oxygen concentrations that drop from 10 to 14 percent; at these levels with any amount of physical activity, the body becomes exhausted. Humans won't survive with levels at 6 percent or lower.

https://sciencing.com/minimum-oxygen-concentration-human-breathing-15546.html

What OSHA standards and exposure guidelines apply? OSHA has established a Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL) for CO2 of 5,000 parts per million (ppm) (0.5% CO2 in air) averaged over an 8-hour work day (time-weighted average orTWA.) The American Conference of Governmental Industrial Hygienists (ACGIH) recommends an 8- hour TWA Threshold Limit Value (TLV) of 5,000 ppm and a Ceiling exposure limit (not to be exceeded) of 30,000 ppm for a 10-minute period. A value of 40,000 is considered immediately dangerous to life and health (IDLH value). The TLVs are intended to minimize the potential for asphyxiation and undue metabolic stress.

https://www.fsis.usda.gov/wps/wcm/c...4-9d2615f376e0/Carbon-Dioxide.pdf?MOD=AJPERES

Of course, I am vocal about how masks are causing problems, but yet I am a science denier. That above is science, the science I practice in annual confined space training and measuring air quality several times a month for the past 26 years. No one wants to listen to people who are against the masks though, because, you know, we're labeled as science deniers by those who only read one thing and are told by the MSM what science is. It's easy to be scared of what they tell you to be scared of and turn your shoulder to anything that goes against what they say and just make fun of those against the masks and call them science deniers.

You all can keep laughing at me as you do in threads all over this forum. I'm sure it makes folks feel better doing that because, you know, everyone has so much compassion and empathy, but only if you wear your mask.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter