MAY 12th-19th!! THESE ARE THE MAYS OF OUR LIVES! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disneyanajc

~It's just a moment...This time will pass~
DisneyFreak07 check out page 197....the updated list starts there.
JC

Hi JC!

The drywall is not done yet. He came back this morning to do some more work, and then he will be back Monday to finish up.

Lake will be doing all of this fun stuff soon, too, with her remodeling starting later on.:goodvibes

We decided to stay put here in the rental for a while, instead of trying to buy something. We are just waiting and letting our lease expire in December and see what happens. Actually, I'd be happy to stay in this rental for as long as possible. We're able to save a lot of money this way.

Jo

Hi JC!

The drywall is not done yet. He came back this morning to do some more work, and then he will be back Monday to finish up.

Lake will be doing all of this fun stuff soon, too, with her remodeling starting later on.:goodvibes

We decided to stay put here in the rental for a while, instead of trying to buy something. We are just waiting and letting our lease expire in December and see what happens. Actually, I'd be happy to stay in this rental for as long as possible. We're able to save a lot of money this way.

Jo

Jo ...will this be a permanent location (state) for your family?

JC...
No, most likely not.

That being said, we don't really know how long we will be here. Dh is working in a headquarters position here in Pittsburgh; he has the ability to move from position to position here and climb the ole' ladder. However, our deepest desire is to be back south. Charlotte, Atlanta, Tampa are all locations that have jobs he could be relocated to. I guess it all just depends on what opens up, and when.

The company does NOT buy your house when they relocate you unless you are a VP. And since he hasn't gotten that far yet (we can hope, though, for one day!) we would have to sell our house on our own. That's where it gets ugly. Paying two mortgages on a house is almost impossible.:sad2:

Jo

Shelly!

Where are you today? Snowed in????:rotfl:

Jo

JC...
No, most likely not.

That being said, we don't really know how long we will be here. Dh is working in a headquarters position here in Pittsburgh; he has the ability to move from position to position here and climb the ole' ladder. However, our deepest desire is to be back south. Charlotte, Atlanta, Tampa are all locations that have jobs he could be relocated to. I guess it all just depends on what opens up, and when.

The company does NOT buy your house when they relocate you unless you are a VP. And since he hasn't gotten that far yet (we can hope, though, for one day!) we would have to sell our house on our own. That's where it gets ugly. Paying two mortgages on a house is almost impossible.:sad2:

Jo

It sounds like leasing is the way to go for awhile....I know the hard part is on schooling for the kids....it's so hard to uproot them and start a new school.
JC

School is the worst part. They are now getting rooted here and I'm going to have to register DD for Kindergarten for the Fall. I have been putting it off because I wasn't sure where we'd be. Looks like I'll just do it and roll with the tide!

Jo

Oh, wow.

On another thread, someone said the MK has closed a few times this week due to max capacity. :scared1: Sure glad all those peeps are getting their vacations out of the way to let us MAYers pass freely by. :snooty:

Oh my, I am evil.

Jo

Okay,
if you could get a job as a character in the parks, who would it be???

Of course, you know I'd be The Queen, she's so delicious.:lmao:

We saw her on Halloween night at MGM and she was unbelievable. By far, the best character interaction we have ever had.

Jo

Oh evil one!...this must be the Easter/Spring break rush...it would be so disappointing not to enter the park on the day you planned too...So glad us Mayer's know better :snooty: :rotfl2:
JC

Well, I know it isn't going to be empty, but it will definitely be better than those times we went for Christmas/New Years...Never again!

Jo

Okay,
if you could get a job as a character in the parks, who would it be???

Of course, you know I'd be The Queen, she's so delicious.:lmao:

We saw her on Halloween night at MGM and she was unbelievable. By far, the best character interaction we have ever had.

Jo

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: You don't know how long and hard I've thought on this...I used to say when DH retired we would get jobs at DL...I would be Minnie Mouse and my DH would be Goofy....NO!..seriously...this was my plan.
JC

WOW.

WE're over 3000 posts in this thread.:goodvibes

Jo

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: You don't know how long and hard I've thought on this...I used to say when DH retired we would get jobs at DL...I would be Minnie Mouse and my DH would be Goofy....NO!..seriously...this was my plan.
JC

I'm always saying to my DH that in order to keep me happy, he has to move us close to WDW so I can be a monorail driver.

But now, I would prefer to be The Queen. I love how she looks her nose down at everyone. HEY!!!! She must have been a MAYer in a previous life!!!!:snooty:

:yay:
Jo

Well, I know it isn't going to be empty, but it will definitely be better than those times we went for Christmas/New Years...Never again!

Jo

Call me crazy...but during the Holidays I love the crowds at DL...:cool1: You should see IASW out here....beautiful.
JC

JC,
15 more posts, and you will be at 800!!!!

Oh my!

J.

Oh, wow.

On another thread, someone said the MK has closed a few times this week due to max capacity. :scared1: Sure glad all those peeps are getting their vacations out of the way to let us MAYers pass freely by. :snooty:

Oh my, I am evil.

Jo

:snooty: :snooty:

Nothing wrong with wanting OUR month at WDW to not be filled with the plebeian masses of unplanners.

:snooty:

:p Seriously, so never planning a trip during a busy time of year if I can avoid it.

:snooty: :snooty:

Nothing wrong with wanting OUR month at WDW to not be filled with the plebeian masses of unplanners.

:snooty:

:p Seriously, so never planning a trip during a busy time of year if I can avoid it.
Long live the :snooty:

:laughing:
Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter