News Round Up 2017

Just to clarify...I'm not pooing on Disneyland...but the master planning in Florida that couldn't be done in Anaheim gives it an edge.

They want to build a hotel and that involves two parking decks and a loss of guest space...

Star Wars land is literally touching a freeway and on ramps...

I'd give the edge to DL, with a much better and more attraction-laden Fantasyland, superior Pirates, Fantasmic on the ROA, the Indy ride and holiday overlays on HM and SM. I also happen to think the comparatively smaller size of DL provides a quaintness that the MK doesn't have.

Not that I really want to start(or continue (or do I?:stir: )) a DL vs. MK comparison again, but felt a need to offer my two cents(four cents in high season)on my favorite place on earth.

Not sure how old your kids are, but that might be something that comes with age.
That could totally be it.

But I will say I went to both Universal Hollywood and Universal Orlando in the early 90s and I was a few years old (have no memory of it though). Each time I went to FL the trip wasn't complete without Universal. So I guess it can also be just the interest levels too. Even now while I love Universal I can't really do simulator after simulator so my # of attractions I go on is smaller. My husband on the other hand loves the big rides. But either way I still find value to Universal and I've got no problem sitting and waiting for my husband to get off a ride that I didn't want to go on. We've done that at amusement parks like Six Flags and whatnot where I'm not going on a decent chunk of rides while others are.

You're dead to me, lol. (bagel and lox with a light schmear is the most perfect breakfast ever)

My dad was totally the dad who looked behind the curtain and explained how everything was done, from magic tricks in Vegas to how Snow White was still the same age as in the movie, etc. It increased the magic for me because it was so cool to know how it was all done.

Walt had no problem peeling back the curtains on how it was done on his TV show. Makes it more magical for me as well, to think how could someone be so creative and come up with those ideas in the first place and secondly, to make it all work so well!

Bleh, so it is confirmed we aren't getting the Disney property themed tunnels. Of course, people visiting WDW wouldn't want some adult oriented Disney themed bar. (heavy sarcasm)
I agree. I think they definitely were originally planned but something happened which led to the delays and now we are getting this.

Walt had no problem peeling back the curtains on how it was done on his TV show. Makes it more magical for me as well, to think how could someone be so creative and come up with those ideas in the first place and secondly, to make it all work so well!

I (obviously) didn't know Walt personally, but I'd have to imagine he didn't mind showing off what he was working on because he knew he his company would be pushing the envelope on the next thing anyways. From everything I've read, the man never liked to do anything twice ("You can't top pigs with pigs.")

I'm picturing him not caring showing off what he's doing, because if/by the time Universal implements it on their own, he's already off onto the next thing.

I can also imagine that it forced him to try and constantly top what he was doing too.

This is tempting me...Really tempting me...How much is the Banshee place holder in the Pandora shop? Trying to see if this is a good deal. I know AP discounts don't count towards the Banshee even at the parks.
$15 I think? That's what it was when I bought it.

If so, take my money!
Hard to believe they would put it on this parcel so far from the two attractions. It's much too big of a property for simply a hotel. The only reasonable explanation for a 575 acre parcel is another gate. For example, EPCOT is 300 acres, MK is 107, and DHS is 135. AK is 500 massive acres, but a lot of that is the safari and back areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter