Official APH Rate Info for Universal Loews Hotel Properties

I think maybe the first two weeks were showing up but after that no because I was looking for Presidents week too and I checked a couple of weeks before that because I was just curious

Am I likely to find some AP rates for the end of the week that President's day falls on? I thought the day was earlier in the month so I got that week approved for vacay.

I went end of March this year w/girlfriends and stayed PBR & express passes were amazing (along w/the resort & location). This Feb trip would be a family trip w/probably 5 people so need 2 rooms and not sure I want to spend the $$ on 2 deluxe rooms. Are crowds tolerable Pres day week to not have express pass?

Am I likely to find some AP rates for the end of the week that President's day falls on? I thought the day was earlier in the month so I got that week approved for vacay.

I went end of March this year w/girlfriends and stayed PBR & express passes were amazing (along w/the resort & location). This Feb trip would be a family trip w/probably 5 people so need 2 rooms and not sure I want to spend the $$ on 2 deluxe rooms. Are crowds tolerable Pres day week to not have express pass?

In my experience, there should be some APH rates for that week, and you won't want to be there without express pass if you can help it.

We last visited on President's Day week in 2019, arriving on Monday (President's Day) and staying through Friday. We needed 2 rooms as well. When the APH rates came out, we'd been booked at HRH. However, HRH (and PBR, as I recall) only released APH rates for some of the pricier rooms (e.g., club level) and suites. We really just wanted two connecting standard rooms as we were traveling with a family member who wanted their own bathroom, so we dropped HRH and switched to 2 standard rooms at RPR (with a request for connecting rooms noted on the reservation), which were available at the passholder rate. They were able to accommodate the connecting room request, and we had a great stay. Crowds that week were 9 or 10 out of 10 (by the touringplans crowd calendar) every day. Lines were long, and the parks were elbow-to-elbow people, so we got a lot of use out of our unlimited express passes. In fact, we had such a good time, we're doing it again this year, with a planned visit from 2/20-25. Once again, we're booked at HRH (stay more, save more rate), but will switch as needed if we can find a better APH rate when they come out.

The only issue I foresee is that if you're arriving on a weekend, you might have a tougher time: no matter the time of year, APH rates seem to be more plentiful for weekday stays.

Last edited:
Now that I have my AP rate booked for the hotel, I'm thinking about when I should buy my AP. I am not a FL resident. We will be traveling during a blackout period, but the last day is not part of the blackout. We will be there Jan 2-4, booked at the AP rate for Portofino.

Do I have to get the AP before Jan 2? I think that answer is no.

Can I wait all the way until Jan 4? That is my check out day, but it is also the first day not in the blackout period (Jan 2 & 3 are blockout for seasonal pass). So I would hopefully be able to upgrade to a seasonal pass, then go show pass before I checkout. Might this work or no?

In my experience, there should be some APH rates for that week, and you won't want to be there without express pass if you can help it.

We last visited on President's Day week in 2019, arriving on Monday (President's Day) and staying through Friday. We needed 2 rooms as well. When the APH rates came out, we'd been booked at HRH. However, HRH (and PBR, as I recall) only released APH rates for some of the pricier rooms (e.g., club level) and suites. We really just wanted two connecting standard rooms as we were traveling with a family member who wanted their own bathroom, so we dropped HRH and switched to 2 standard rooms at RPR (with a request for connecting rooms noted on the reservation), which were available at the passholder rate. They were able to accommodate the connecting room request, and we had a great stay. Crowds that week were 9 or 10 out of 10 (by the touringplans crowd calendar) every day. Lines were long, and the parks were elbow-to-elbow people, so we got a lot of use out of our unlimited express passes. In fact, we had such a good time, we're doing it again this year, with a planned visit from 2/20-25. Once again, we're booked at HRH (stay more, save more rate), but will switch as needed if we can find a better APH rate when they come out.

The only issue I foresee is that if you're arriving on a weekend, you might have a tougher time: no matter the time of year, APH rates seem to be more plentiful for weekday stays.
Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm going to try to keep the trip for during the week that week. The exact plans are all still very open. I'll keep checking each night separately and piece it together.
The trip is mostly for my nephew who graduated HS last year and we'll let him bring a friend. Then it will be me, my husband, & our 3 year old. She won't be able to do as much so the 3 of us might not do much park time and will likely head to Sea World w/her one of the days.

Now that I have my AP rate booked for the hotel, I'm thinking about when I should buy my AP. I am not a FL resident. We will be traveling during a blackout period, but the last day is not part of the blackout. We will be there Jan 2-4, booked at the AP rate for Portofino.

Can I wait all the way until Jan 4? That is my check out day, but it is also the first day not in the blackout period (Jan 2 & 3 are blockout for seasonal pass). So I would hopefully be able to upgrade to a seasonal pass, then go show pass before I checkout. Might this work or no?
I’ve never even had to show my AP. Do you have normal tickets for blackout dates? You could be better off just getting a Preferred pass for discounts and no blackouts?

Ask at checkin. If they want to see it, even the last day you're there is fine. Just tell them your plans.

Honestly I would not mention anything at all when you check in. If you ask questions then they will check. If they ask you to see it on check out and you have not gotten it, just say ¨be right back¨ and then go convert your ticket. I have NEVER been asked to show it. It happens to others but rarely.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter