***OI Meetup*** November 19-20, 2021

31 Days to go and OI dropped their limited edition t-shirts today! Did you order one? We missed the June ones because of work, but hubby was home to order them today!

Also dropped the upcoming holiday drinks for the meetup!

We’re bringing more
✨
holiday spirit
✨
than ever before to this winter’s Orlando Informer Meetup! Each weekend, a different custom cocktail will be available for purchase for guests 21+ with a valid photo ID.
November 19-20: Pumpkin Mule

A seasonal, spiced twist on the classic Moscow Mule: vodka, black tea, pumpkin syrup, and lemon juice topped with ginger beer
🍂

December 3-4: CranGinger Punch
A festive, fruity, and refreshing cocktail fit for a holiday party: cranberry, lime, and pineapple juices mixed with ginger beer and vodka
🍹

December 10-11: Nutcracker
A sweet, creamy elixir that simply tastes like the holidays: Irish cream and hazelnut liquor over ice, topped with whipped cream and graham cracker
😋

Who’s ready to toast to the holidays with us after hours at Universal Orlando Resort?

Has any info been released yet on the pteranodon flyers? I seem to always miss it and it's the one ride I've never been on.

I am getting so excited!!! Just ordered our Tshirts!!

Question.....I know it says we can enter at 5:00 but, if we have AP & will be there that day (well, that morning), is there a reason to be there at that time? Nothing is really happening for the meet up until after closing, right? Since I've never been, just want to make sure we won't be missing anything. I've seen a few videos of a long line ........about what time does the entry line get shorter?

I am getting so excited!!! Just ordered our Tshirts!!

Question.....I know it says we can enter at 5:00 but, if we have AP & will be there that day (well, that morning), is there a reason to be there at that time? Nothing is really happening for the meet up until after closing, right? Since I've never been, just want to make sure we won't be missing anything. I've seen a few videos of a long line ........about what time does the entry line get shorter?
At the June meetup (which was our 1st), we used our APs to get in before 5pm (after we picked up our wristbands). There weren't any meetup activities going on; those without APs/day tickets were just waiting in line to get in at 5pm.

If you're doing both nights of it, do you pick up your stuff for both nights on Friday or do you need to check in on Saturday as well?

At the June meetup (which was our 1st), we used our APs to get in before 5pm (after we picked up our wristbands). There weren't any meetup activities going on; those without APs/day tickets were just waiting in line to get in at 5pm.
Thanks....I just want to avoid the line at 5. We plan on checking the parks out that morning then nap after lunch.

We only did one night last time (and will again this time) so I don't know how it works for both nights.

OMG, with Nov getting so close.....I'm starting to think about a plan of action!! I know I don't need to plan like Disney but, I can't get out of the habit!! LOL

BUT.....since this is our 1st time......I can't decide how to start Friday morning off. We plan to rope drop at IOA since it's EP morning. Do we head straight to Hagrid's? We plan on staying in the park til about noonish, go somewhere for lunch & head back to HRH for a nap before the meetup.
Or is it light enough crowds for the meetup to wait & go do HP stuff that night........and Fri morning, do the other part of the park???
If we do decide to go straight to Hagrid's, is it a fast pace walk like you do for Disney rope drop??? I'm old & not sure I'm up for speed walking again...LOL (OMG, done that way too many times)

I'm playing around with a plan on Touring Plans but, keep changing it....decisions, decisions...LOL
PS...we will be there 5 days with AP so, I know we have plenty of time. but, just like to have an idea of where to start.

OMG, with Nov getting so close.....I'm starting to think about a plan of action!! I know I don't need to plan like Disney but, I can't get out of the habit!! LOL

BUT.....since this is our 1st time......I can't decide how to start Friday morning off. We plan to rope drop at IOA since it's EP morning. Do we head straight to Hagrid's? We plan on staying in the park til about noonish, go somewhere for lunch & head back to HRH for a nap before the meetup.
Or is it light enough crowds for the meetup to wait & go do HP stuff that night........and Fri morning, do the other part of the park???
If we do decide to go straight to Hagrid's, is it a fast pace walk like you do for Disney rope drop??? I'm old & not sure I'm up for speed walking again...LOL (OMG, done that way too many times)

I'm playing around with a plan on Touring Plans but, keep changing it....decisions, decisions...LOL
PS...we will be there 5 days with AP so, I know we have plenty of time. but, just like to have an idea of where to start.

Rope drop Hagrid's is a good plan and yes, people speed walk back there. Riding it at night is amazing, but the line can even get to 45 min at the meetup. I would use the daytime in Hogsmeade and DA to make a plan of action for the evening, get a good "lay of the land." If you are doing both meetup nights, I would take it easy and focus on having a good time. Enjoy the "empty park" experiences as you walk around. Also, I would not go back to the park at 5pm since you have AP and EP. Just check-in later and avoid the initial lines, take a longer rest at your hotel.

Rope drop Hagrid's is a good plan and yes, people speed walk back there. Riding it at night is amazing, but the line can even get to 45 min at the meetup. I would use the daytime in Hogsmeade and DA to make a plan of action for the evening, get a good "lay of the land." If you are doing both meetup nights, I would take it easy and focus on having a good time. Enjoy the "empty park" experiences as you walk around. Also, I would not go back to the park at 5pm since you have AP and EP. Just check-in later and avoid the initial lines, take a longer rest at your hotel.
Thanks......the more I was thinking about it, I can't imagine not heading straight to Hagrid's at rope drop. My DGD would probably not be happy with me if I made her wait & go a different direction....LOL.

You are going to be tired LOL we did a few hours at the park and lunch the first night of the meetup, after a few days of being there and that was a mistake. I should have just slept in that Fri morning and hit the park later. Anyway on Sat we did not do that, we slept, and chilled and went when the meetup started. We have AP's as well. This time, we are there Fri-Tues, hitting just the meetup on Fri and Sat, basically a little more than half the day on Sun and a full day Monday and leave on Tues to head home.

The WWoHP is still busy at the beginning of the meetup, but if you hit those areas later, it's less busy and so magical! I don't know about Hagrids, we didn't even bother because the lines were pretty long since VC wasn't open yet. We snagged a day time virtual line for Hagrids during the week. The kids will probably try to ride though during the meetup. One said she is going to hit the VC for a night ride lol no matter how long the line. :p

I am so excited, we have 21 days til we leave and 22 til the meetup! I am so ready for this break! I am a substitute teacher, I've worked every day since Aug 2 and am in school myself full time... so I need this vacation bad! Bring me all the drinks LOL

@RocketCityMama Your comment about being tired has me thinking about our plan

We're only doing Friday's meet-up. We're arriving on Wednesday morning and leaving on Sunday night. We're experienced passholders and are staying at Cabana Bay. My travel companion is NOT a night person so I had already figured on a long mid-day break, but it sounds like that might be a mistake.

So I'm looking for some thoughts on Plan B - On Thursday, do our early entry/normal park opening, mid-day break, come back and close out the night (IOA closes at 7). Then on Friday do a slightly later wake-up, find a mid-morning table service breakfast at one of the hotels (any suggestions? I'm not a huge fan, but my travel partner is, the bigger variety the better), head back to Cabana Bay for some mid-day pool time, catch a nap and then head to the parks around 4ish. I want to partake in many of the free snacks through the meet-up so I kind of want to be a bit hungry.

Thoughts?

I recommend the Today Cafe for a delicious, easy breakfast in the park or Sapphire Falls. I would say HRH Kitchen, but it's a lot of food and expensive when you are preparing for all you can eat later.

A few tips: If you are still looking for hotel rooms, keep calling. If you want to change hotels, keep calling. Last week I was able to find just Sunday night at RPR and over the weekend I was able to add one more day and get Saturday night with the Informer rate. Guest services was able to just modify my existing reservation without having to do 2 separate ones. Don't forget if you are driving, parking rate at the hotels is reduced.
If tickets are "sold out" on informer website, never hurts to email them and double-check as I was able to get 2 one-night tickets for Saturday. We went last year for a December meetup and it was awesome, but a bummer with weird food lines and no cut-through for the parks. This year they let me know that those things have been worked out, so surprising my daughter with a special trip because she loves Christmas and it's really a neat time with low crowds.

I recommend the Today Cafe for a delicious, easy breakfast in the park or Sapphire Falls. I would say HRH Kitchen, but it's a lot of food and expensive when you are preparing for all you can eat later.

We're actually looking for a BIG breakfast. I'm thinking if we eat around 10-11 a.m., by 7 p.m. we are going to be ready to eat our way through the meet-up!:mickeybar

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter