Posts not appearing

Just to clarify... the posts are showing in the threads, but often it seems the poster (and maybe others) are unable to see all posts in the thread. When you post/repost 2 or 3 times, all of those posts do in fact end up in the thread immediately for those of us who aren't impacted. In my non-tech observation: it's more an "able to view" problem then a "not posting" problem.
Yes, this seems to be a viewing issue. I'm getting alerts that people are replying to the post I can't see (and I can't see their replies either) so it does seem that other people are able to see it. But there also seem to be posts by others in threads I haven't posted in that I can't see.

Just to clarify... the posts are showing in the threads, but often it seems the poster (and maybe others) are unable to see all posts in the thread. When you post/repost 2 or 3 times, all of those posts do in fact end up in the thread immediately for those of us who aren't impacted. In my non-tech observation: it's more an "able to view" problem then a "not posting" problem.
Do you know if a fix is being worked on?

The big question is - is the problem being worked on? And will all those "missing" posts ever show up? On the threads that I posted on that I can't see my post, the conversation is going on as if my post isn't there.

The big question is - is the problem being worked on? And will all those "missing" posts ever show up? On the threads that I posted on that I can't see my post, the conversation is going on as if my post isn't there.
I assume it is being worked on, but only a few certain people can do that. The fact it isn't impacting everybody probably makes this harder to diagnose and fix.

I do think the "missing" posts are showing and visible to many/most -- sometimes in duplicate or triplicate because the poster kept trying to post it when it didn't show. I can imagine it is utterly frustrating, especially if someone has quoted/responded to your post or you were trying to follow a thread.

in checking some threads, it looks like posts #7 through #10 are consistently not showing, but then it picks up again at 11. I don't know if any later number posts 'disappear' or not.

in checking some threads, it looks like posts #7 through #10 are consistently not showing, but then it picks up again at 11. I don't know if any later number posts 'disappear' or not.
Wow, that's probably very helpful. Thanks for doing the research. Hopefully the people who can fix this can use the info.

I think we have a pattern. If the post is the number or ends in the number 7,8,9,0 the post doesn’t show up. I just got a notification for a thread and someone tried posting and their post would have been #67. :scratchin

I do think the "missing" posts are showing and visible to many/most -- sometimes in duplicate or triplicate because the poster kept trying to post it when it didn't show. I can imagine it is utterly frustrating, especially if someone has quoted/responded to your post or you were trying to follow a thread.
I would guess it's occurring to many more users who either don't notice or aren't bothering to report here. I only noticed b/c of email notifications for a thread I had posted in, initially - they didn't/don't appear in the thread, so it was super obvious. And after that, I realized that I wasn't seeing new posts in threads I had previously read (but was not getting alerts for). And now that I am actually paying attention, I can see that I'm not able to view posts in a thread I'm opening for the first time ever (#7-#10 in the Wish brunch cancellations thread).

I'm only seeing this issue in the DCL forum (not that I am active in all of the many, many forums!).

Hi everyone,

I sent an email to Alex and Corey. Hopefully, they'll be able to figure out what is going on, or report it to Xenforo for their techs to fix the issue. (Also, I believe an email was sent earlier to the admin team - goes to all of the webmasters and admins - and not sure if there was a response to that.)

Last edited:
Hi everyone,

I sent an email to Alex and Corey. Hopefully, they'll be able to figure out what is going on, or report it to Xenforo for their techs to fix the issue. (Also, I believe an email was sent earlier to the admin team - goes to all of the webmasters and admins - and not sure if there was a response to that.)
Thank you.

What wonderful detectives we have on this board. 👏 I wasn't even looking at post numbers. So I looked and posts 7-10 are missing from my thread, I never knew they weren't there, because I didn't post them. Post 27 and beyond are missing. However, I just posted a test and post #31 showed up in my thread.

What wonderful detectives we have on this board. 👏 I wasn't even looking at post numbers. So I looked and posts 7-10 are missing from my thread, I never knew they weren't there, because I didn't post them. Post 27 and beyond are missing. However, I just posted a test and post #31 showed up in my thread.
I'll just add, I went back and looked at some really old threads (like a couple of years or more) that haven't been posted on for a while, and they are also missing any posts ending in 7, 8, 9 and 0.

It does appear that the 1st 'round' of posts on a new page ending in 7,8,9 are disappearing. If there are enough smaller posts on a page for 7, 8, 9 to come around again, it looks like they will appear.

EDIT: Looks like there is supposed to be 20 posts per page ... posts 7,8,9 and 10 on every page may be the ones not showing

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter